SS Jolt, Bumblebee, Sweep packaging

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Minernick, Jul 2, 2021.

1. Smitty.1981

Smitty.1981 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My only gripe with the Wheeljack, Arcee and Optimus Prime repacks is that it was just a year later with no changes. I don't mind repack or reissues but it should be years later or have some kind of change. Yellow eye for Prime as an example. Other wise there's no really incentive for out of box collectors to buy.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    I'd assume roundabout late this year, early next year.

• Like Like x 2
  3. WolverineDragon

WolverineDragon Banned

At least people who skipped out on earth rise (such as myself) have the option to get these reissues without paying higher prices for them on the second hand market. I do agree there should’ve been some changes with them if they had to be reissued.

4. incapable hulk

incapable hulk I am the Liquor

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    I’ve been amusing myself with the Sweep reveal…
    44894478-8A57-4CD3-BEC4-86FE05890DF7.jpeg 79FAEB3E-15E5-4289-858F-77FFD592CBFE.jpeg

• Like Like x 15
  5. Astrotrain52

Astrotrain52 Banned

News Credits:
    G1 Ultra Magnus was a smaller robot that becomes a bigger robot with armor on

Cybertron/Galaxy Force Optimus Prime was a smaller robot that becomes a bigger robot with armor on

Personal taste is of course subjective. In terms of plastic quality, heft, engineering, and articulation, they absolutely blow any hollow, dollar-store quality Leader Class figure from 2012-2018 out of the freaking water. CW Ultra Magnus, IMO, was one of the worst Leader figures in recent memory. I will gladly take any version of Siege/Kingdom Ultra Magnus - even with the battle damage and slight creative liberties with its design - than CW Ultra Magnus, any day.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    That kind of depends on your perspective and how you dileaneate the lines. One could consider War For Cybertron a single overarcing line that encompasses Siege, Earthrise, Kingdom and Selects as sublines (much like how Beast Wars encompassed Beast Wars, Transmetals, Fuzors and Transmetal 2s). So from that perspective the WFC repacks aren't really from different lines, just different sublines within the overarcing line.

• Like Like x 2
  7. WolverineDragon

WolverineDragon Banned

It really does. Either way we can all agree that Repacking figures isn’t a new concept. It just depends if you missed out on it in a previous line or subline and you don’t want to pay aftermarket prices for it.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Thea idea was to make these toys available again to people who missed them the first time.

I know, an alien concept for people who would rather shell out three times the retail price to pay off a scalper just to get the latest hot toy NAOW and then complain about the same toy they already own warming the shelf at the local Walmart three months later.

• Like Like x 5
  9. 2fabdad

2fabdad Well-Known Member

Galvatron will be released in the next series. I’m so happy for everyone to get him at retail. I will buy another one for a spare too. He’s so good.

• Like Like x 1
  10. SudoFoo

SudoFoo Optimus is Overrated

moral of the story: you can't please everyone. no matter what hasbro did with sweep, someone would be disappointed. personally, i don't collect g1-esque figures other than like, 2 that looked nice, so maybe this isn't my area of critique, but hasbro did what the studio series line was made for: screen accuracy. even if hasbro made a face change or color difference, people wouldve been mad that "they only changed the face" or "gave an inaccurate color scheme". oh, and jolt looks pretty good

11. oku

oku Chill.

News Credits:
    Transformers are just screws with plastics.

• Like Like x 6
  12. Mattymo

Mattymo Banned

News Credits:

Boy you wouldn’t have survived the original run of G1 then. The entire 1984 line was repacked in 1985 and over half of 1985 was repacked in 1986 with Starscream, bumblebee and a couple others repacked 3 years in a row.

• Like Like x 7
  13. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't particularly mind repacks for the sake of availability. Back in the older CHUG days when you had years separating certain groups of characters, it could be nervewracking to complete a set if you hopped on the train in the middle. Like the Classics Starscream, Skywarp, and Ramjet were in 2006 and the other three (mass release versions) didn't come until 2010 or 2011.

They've been better about releasing things closer together now, for sure, and it's good to have easier access to big name characters.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Smitty.1981

News Credits:
    Things were different back then.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Smitty.1981

News Credits:
    I get it, but as I said it seems a bit fast. Also none of the figures repacked were in very short supply as far as I know.

16. Grimusaur

Grimusaur Queero Supremo

Twitter:
    Might just be my eyes playing tricks on me and looking for differences that aren't there but the lighter blue looks more purplier than it is on my Scourge, the darker blue looks a little lighter too but I can't really be sure. Will def be interested to see how it looks in person.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Smitty.1981

News Credits:
    That was kinds of my point.

18. Gumblor Gimbles

Gumblor Gimbles Norn' Ironhide

News Credits:
    There's two breeds in this thread- those that wanted sweep to look exactly like Scourge but for some reason didn't just buy multiple Scourges, and those that are actually asking for Sweep to look different. You begged for muh sunbow accuracy, you got it.

• Like Like x 4
  19. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Assuming multiple Scourges could be found.

I was absolutely going to troop build Scourge himself, but I didn't realize he was shortpacked, and now I can't find him anywhere for retail price. I'm not paying aftermarket prices for a toy I already own, especially now that I know I'll have a second chance.

• Like Like x 3
  20. 80sforged

80sforged Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    And I am sticking to my hope (of course the lighting on the Scourge photo looks brighter, also the angle) that there are subtle differences between the two facially. From what I noticed (and again, hope I'm right) is that the widow's peak is less pronounced and the eyes less upturned, making his face looks different enough. But then again, could just be the angle difference in the photos.