SS Grindor in package

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Smokie, Jun 4, 2021.

1. wreckgar39

wreckgar39 I'm just a simple man, trying to make my way.

News Credits:
    Minor update to hopefully stop the arguing.
    Just found out there's a solid chance of New Movie toyline filling the "Cyberverse" spot in a sense. Remember the BB Movie gimmick line? Think like that, but some SS quality stuff sprinkled in. If that happens we get more slots for Bay in 22, but no promises.
    That being said, 23 and on we feast like kings, and all the geewunners will be miserable again. Life will return to normal. Trust in The Good Shit. It is worth the wait.
    You all know me, I suck at keeping secrets because I hate lying to people or hiding info that impacts financial decisions. I'm not saying anything on 23 or 24 for a long while because if I do, stuff can and will get shuffled out the ass. I am not about to screw us like I almost did on Menasor.

• Like Like x 16
  2. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You're a damned hero, friend. I think I can be patient with this in the back of my mind, and it'll be nice to let my wallet have a bit more of a break next year, especially if I can pick and choose from the hopefully diverse Legacy lineup. I long for the day of being "done", but I don't think that's something Hasbro wants for its customers, so they'll have me on the hook a few more years.

I was already planning on lightening up this year but the BW toys proved irresistible, which is a shock considering I've never watched a single episode.

Thanks as always!

• Like Like x 1
  3. DecepticusPrime

DecepticusPrime "Essential" Personnel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They almost cancelled menasor?
    To be fair, you would seem to be in a place to pass along the sentiment that they need to be a little more proactive with reveals. Theres no reason for toy reviews to show up days after an official reveal.

4. wreckgar39

News Credits:
    They didn't almost cancel him, but I talked about him during the friggin sketching phase and got a helpful but stern talk from @Apollux. Basically talk too early and plans can change radically

• Like Like x 5
  5. Smokie

Smokie Lil Ice NL

News Credits:
    @wreckgar39 thank you for giving us hope in the future of SS

• Like Like x 1
  6. Z20

Z20 Well-Known Member

Before the AllSpark forums went down, there were mutterings/reports of Sideways showing up for next year's offerings of Studio Series aside from DOTM Bee and the remaining Bumblebee movie cast members. Hear anything to that effect?

7. wreckgar39

News Credits:
    Pretty sure that is the case, with more SS86 to finish it out.
    After 22 the Bay fans feast.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    I'm surprised it's selling at that price.

9. optitronprime94

optitronprime94 Active Member

Ebay:
    I would have hoped that Grindor would have come with a replica of the car he carried to the warehouse but it looks like he won\'t. Ravage is a cool inclusion though. I\'ll definitely try to pick him up. 

10. Patrick McCollough

Patrick McCollough Member

Ebay:
    This makes feel like HasTak saw what Weijiang did to oversize ko the original Blackout and they decided to ko the ko on regular size lol...

11. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Red and black red and black

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Most difficult part of Grinder vs Blackout is that his robot mode is just a recolored Blackout model. So unfortunately you can't get alt mode accuracy without making his robot mode inaccurate.

The Pave Low was already retired by the time ROTF came around but the Super Stallion was, and is still around. The change in alt mode was certainly due to that fact.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Gee Won 1984

Gee Won 1984 Scottish, and pants free!

I hope Hasbro releases the Transformers Animated Blackout that was only sold in Japan (like they did with Prime's Breakdown toy), so I can have SS Grinder and SS Blackout on the same shelf with Animated Blackout.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2021
  13. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

Hope this means a few glaring omissions in the future. Having just re-watched RotF last night I seriously want Ice Cream Twins, Demolishor (a No-Brainer Repaint that should have been done by now), Regular Twins, The Fallen, some Primes and if they could make Ransack a thing from the deleted scene of him vs. Jetfire that'd be really, really killer. (The one they included in the Novelization if I recall.) Also some of the Seekers wouldn't be remiss, though I get they might not do that.

Seriously, where is Frenzy? he should be packed in with somebody, but they already did all of the Movie 1 Cast, are we going to get a SS accessory Pack with Frenzy, Alice, Reedman and Insecticon? (Though Insecticon would be so tiny he'd be a digestion hazard for kids.)

I'm in a Studio Series mood more and more these days, wanting to complete everything I'm still missing and have something to look forward to. Some minor paint deco changes for Ratchet and Ironhide in RotF packaging wouldn't be re-miss, I mean we're getting multiple iterations of BB for all the movies, Optimus and Megatron, why'd they not re-use the Ironhide mold for DotM or RotF and where's Ratchet? Hell where's TLK Hound and Crosshairs?

Eh, I digress. With my retiring from all things mainline outside of Studio Series after WfC wraps up I need me some decent hope, hope for the future and a complete core cast and not-so-core cast. I'd even take little non-transforming figures of all the Kitchen Warriors if it meant complete on-screen in-scale SS figures.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Revoticus

Revoticus Big Combaticon fan

Definitely planning on getting this when it's readily available even if I already have Blackout.

It's the same case like getting all the Starscream redecos and Datsun brothers.

Ravage will be a nice addition to my ROTF Ravage collection.

15. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    Im a bit lost - can anyone tell me what the changes are aside from deco and hands?

16. GizmoTron

GizmoTron Roobaticon Commander

Ebay:
    Some remolding so he can store the little Ravage instead of Scorponok, but otherwise that and what you already mentioned are pretty much it.

• Like Like x 2
  17. BIGGUY007

BIGGUY007 Well-Known Member

My poor wallet. But I love the mold so I will have to get him.

18. OZsket

OZsket Well-Known Member

idk about skids and mudflap thought they were permanently canned.

• Like Like x 1
  19. scuffed up rts bumblebee

scuffed up rts bumblebee dont reach for the stars youll burn up and die

want this guy

• Like Like x 2
  20. jcchua

jcchua Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'll doubt we'll ever see the racist Twins ever again. Remember we're going to get Jolt, a character that showed up 1-2 scenes and doesn't talk.

• Like Like x 2