SS Grindor in package

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Smokie, Jun 4, 2021.

1. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't think I'd be willing to get 2 Grindors to test it out, especially when I have the DNA Blackout hands, but I wonder how difficult it would be to push the pins out and swap Grindor's hands onto Blackout. I imagine they are attached the same way (with Grindor's wrist and hand being separate parts versus a single part on Blackout).

2. DecepticusPrime

DecepticusPrime "Essential" Personnel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Actually it did because its taken slots in the studio series line and have caused movie based releases to be sparse since 86 was introduced.

• Like Like x 9
  3. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Crossdresser Toy Collector

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Lol. Get it out of your systems now kid. 86 didn't eliminate any potential Movie offering. Simply pushed back. You're still getting everything as planned, just a little later. You clearly haven't been paying attention, or educated enough to think critically, but there's more Movieverse stuff coming out this year and if rumors are true a lot of it in 2022.

But keep believing in your fantasy world I'd that's what you really want. I'll continue to keep my brain healthy and live in reality.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    To be fair, that's all from leaks from our resident insiders, and while they've had a relativey good track record, officially (from listings) all we have from Bayverse left in 2021 are Jolt and ROTF Sideswipe, as of now nothing in 2022, Wave 1 is all BB and 86. It's likely the 2022 movie will get a decent chunk of spots next year as well (logically so), so this drought of Bay characters will likely continue for a good while.

• Like Like x 8
  5. IronPrime2169

IronPrime2169 Supreme Leader of the Bluepremacy

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Seeing as I missed out on Blackout, this guy will be great to get. Also, people were saying the same thing about Kingdom Ultra Magnus “Oh it’s bad, no one will buy it, it’s just a lame remold etc.” and I’ve yet to see Kingdom Magnus in the wild yet. Also, the inevitable “Blackouts being returned in Grindor’s packaging” will be great for me too, seeing as I need the mold, and either one will do great. All in all though, I’m definitely picking him up, and along with Jolt and Dino, I’ll be satisfied for Movie toys for the rest of the year.

Very exciting. Does this also mean you have him in hand?

• Like Like x 2
  6. IronPrime2169

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Dude, even from leaks we’ve got confirmation that the Bayverse drought is gonna continue.
    Anyways, I don’t want to derail the thread any further. Just thought I would bring it to your attention.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Megotron9

Megotron9 Well-Known Member

how big is this suppossed to be?

8. WolverineDragon

WolverineDragon Banned

She is anti bayformers, so of course she will defend SS86

• Like Like x 2
  9. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde Lord High Governor

News Credits:
    She can speak for herself, thanks.

Why wouldn't I defend SS86? There's nothing wrong with it. Plus this has nothing to do with the thread, stay on topic.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Warpshard

Warpshard Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Seems to be the same size as Blackout, so about 16" long in vehicle mode and 8.5" in robot.

• Like Like x 1
  11. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Crossdresser Toy Collector

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Right. Because we don't actually know that doesn't mean that it's case to start calling for the Baypocalypse. It could go either way.

Yes, actually. By my logic we are. Because Hasbro has shown that they're not abandoning Bay or Bumblebee or any of the other movies. They'll continue to milk the lines just as much as they are milking G1 for all the money it's worth. To imply that the world is somehow worse because now you have to, gasp, share space with a G1 movie is ludicrous.

Hasbro has stated time and time again, in recent times even, that their game is a long game. They win nothing but releasing everything everyone wants in a short time. As such NOTHING has changed. You were going to wait years to complete your ROTF or 2007 or DOTM casts even if Studio Series 86 wasn't going to come out anyways! Hasbro loses if they release everything you want in a short period because then how will you come back again year after year?

Studio Series 86 was the perfect filler between Bay/Knight releases. I just choose see the world for what it is and choose to understand how business works. Maybe if we stopped to think, stopped to listen to the things Hasbro says in Q&As that are often front page news or talked about ad naseum on these forums, then we'd have a better understanding of the business aspects and why we haven't gotten characters like Jolt for years.

• Like Like x 2
  12. IronPrime2169

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Alright, that’s enough on both sides. Bay fans, I get it, and it sucks. I’m a Bay fan too, and this hurts, but what’s done is done. To the people “explaining” (I use that term loosely because you know who you are and you know damn well what you’re doing) thanks, but maybe try not to be so condescending, like you’re educating people who aren’t as intelligent. Not calling the person in question out due to the fact that I don’t want to prolong the argument, but it’s clear who it is. Both sides aired their grievances, now can we please move on, because this argument is not worth getting another thread locked.

• Like Like x 5
  13. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde Lord High Governor

News Credits:
    Also try to keep in mind what @wreckgar39 has said, there's still Bay stuff on the way besides this guy. Look forward to that.

Keep thinking of Jolt.

• Like Like x 2
  14. CapZat

CapZat Well-Known Member

wow, the average gewuuner mindset "WE CAN HAVE OUR G1 BRICKS FOR 11 YEARS NON-STOP SINCE GENERATIONS 2010, IF WE STEAL SS SLOTS YOU MUST SHUT UP WE NEED MORE!"

• Like Like x 7
  15. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 GATTAI Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    That's enough of the name-calling.

• Like Like x 3
  16. SuperRock7

SuperRock7 Gone for some milk

News Credits:
    Inb4 this thread goes downhill.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Nemesisprime1975

Nemesisprime1975 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There doesn't seem to be enough of a difference between this and blackout to justify picking it up sadly.

I do have the dna upgrade kit for blackout so I'm happy enough. I also see there are a lot of pointless arguments regarding hasbro and releases etc. Hasbro have a plan. I'm sure we will get jolt eventually. I'm also loving the 86 line. This figure will be the first studio figure in a good while I've passed on.

I'm disappointed but what can you do....

18. Warpshard

Warpshard Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, the similarities to Blackout are disappointing, and coupled with the improvements to the mold, it does feel a bit more like a Blackout do-over than Grindor (which, granted, isn't saying much given his on-screen appearance). I wish they went with the white color scheme he sported on his RotF toy, although I know that goes against the notion behind the line. If you didn't pick up Blackout (like how I didn't), this seems to be a good choice if you can deal with a lack of Scorponok.

19. Nemesisprime1975

Nemesisprime1975 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah it's a no brainer if you don't have blackout. He has an involved and interesting transformation even if there are a lot of panels and tabbing in and the altmode is huge too so if you are planning to display him in altmode he will take up a bit of space.

Great engineering though. You didn't miss too much with scorponok but was nice to get.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Tahu

Tahu New Member

Gonna buy this, it\'s very nice looking. Love the posable fingers this time around.