SS Grindor in package

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Smokie, Jun 4, 2021.

1. Gumblor Gimbles

Gumblor Gimbles Norn' Ironhide

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Gee Won 1984

Gee Won 1984 Mandatory Stunning and Brave Fiction in Fiction

Grindor's hands look like the DNA Design hands made for Blackout, nice update. :cool: 

3. Veleno

Veleno Solar Plexus Clown Gliders

I wonder how much from an upgrade kit would be able to change the copter to look more like the Sea Stallion.
    Aside from giving him machine guns and a new hand blade, 2/5ths of the kit would probably change most of the chest assembly and give him a different "bumper" (Although BO's bulb is partially needed to tab the waist in for transformation, I feel that can be worked around.)
    Then the other chunk of the kit I could see replacing the rotor assembly which isn't as extensively pinned in as I thought- along with adding in the 3rd engine compartment with the tail tapering that can simply just be folded up and plugged onto Scorp's bot mode mount.
    All this sounds rather expensive just for some simple alt mode reshelling.

upload_2021-6-4_14-46-42.png

Last edited: Jun 4, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  4. The Mad Demobot

The Mad Demobot Well-Known Member

I'm buying Grindor just for that. Though I do hope they make it better with the copter blade arm attachment.

• Like Like x 2
  5. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    wow. full packaging shots before official announcement... I feel like someones going to find him on shelf before Hasbro gets around to announcing the ROTF wave of SS.

• Like Like x 1
  6. IDWDrift

IDWDrift Well-Known Member

YouTube (Legacy):
    He looks nice. Since I kept my 2007 Blackout instead of buying the SS version, I\'ll probably get this Grindor. 

• Like Like x 1
  7. Jazz210

Jazz210 Est.2011

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It should have read "proves to be a SPLITTING headache"
    :lolol 

• Like Like x 3
  8. Paco Grande

Paco Grande Well-Known Member

Yup, Hasbro really shouldn't be complaining about leaks. This figure has most likely been in development for over a year at this point. Surely they could have shown something a long time ago.

• Like Like x 1
  9. RobotArmy

RobotArmy Well-Known Member

Exactly what I was thinking, I'm like "yeah to put it lightly, sure"

10. fishpop

fishpop Squishy Bear

Ebay:
    I love Grindor's bio! XD
    "Fighting OPTIMUS PRIME proves to be a headache for GRINDOR as the AUTOBOT leader tears his head in two."

Last edited: Jun 7, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Paco Grande

Paco Grande Well-Known Member

I had no idea. I just looked up the scene on YouTube and you are correct! But I could only see it in like one frame of the movie and it was still hard to spot. Now I'm wondering if the original plan was for Grindor to be a resurrected Blackout. The rust could be explained by Blackout's body being under water. Of course Transformers rusting at all is just dumb. It always bugged how in the Bay movies the bot modes were all scratched up and filthy, meanwhile the car/truck modes always looked squeaky clean and freshly detailed. It makes no sense. Prime is the worst offender. His truck mode is immaculate. You could eat off of it. Meanwhile his bot mode is just filthy and missing a ton of paint.

I watched the first Bay movie with my kids, but I had to stop there because there is way too much language, sex and violence in the sequels. So I have not seen ROTF for a very long time. My son really wants to watch it though and he's a bit older so I may give it a shot.

Anyway, I may have been too harsh on this figure. I really like the Blackout design and I'm dying for an official MPM, but I'm thinking that MPM may be moving on to the Bumblebee movie or whatever is next so this may be the only decent Blackout figure for a while. I may take one for the team and buy this. I'm sure the MPM will be announced as soon as I pay for this one. :) 

• Like Like x 1
  12. Rated X

Rated X Banned

Hey its Friday, its an offical product, and its been revealed. I cant complain.

13. Applejacktimus

Applejacktimus Still see the Sunshine

I don't mind getting this and calling it Blackout with better hands, and repainting the old one into Alpha Bravo or something, I guess. But as a helicopter fan, this completely fails as Grindor, who's only appeal was transforming into the CH-53E Super "OH LAWD HE COMIN'" Stallion.

• Like Like x 2
  14. WolverineDragon

WolverineDragon Banned

Looks like Hasbro has a nasty habit of releasing figures and not announcing them in time (Grindor/T-Wrecks)

15. BlueAngel_Bolt

BlueAngel_Bolt I'M REALLY FEELING IT

News Credits:
    Yeah that's what I meant! It looks a bit more pointy than Blackout's. I can't tell for sure since my Blackout is in storage at the moment. Maybe someone can tell for sure?

16. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Crossdresser Toy Collector

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    If it's easy to remove it'd be goddamn badass if a 3P could make a replacement unit to at least be closer to the Sea Stallion!

17. Burnout00012

Burnout00012 SKREEEEEEEOONK

So we have now full package shots of Grindor... and not even a fuzzy silhouette of Jolt? Not even a peek? A smidge? A little glimpse?

Truly, there is no justice.

• Like Like x 6
  18. CapZat

CapZat Well-Known Member

SS Blackout has low-quality plastic just like the entire first wave of SSs, I hope that they're using the same mold but different plastic, otherwise he's SICK, he'll be my definitive Blackout now, beautiful paint, amazing sculpt (like the OG Blackout) but those hands are AMAZING, finally the "definitive" version of Blackout instead of the beta version that SS08 was, glad that the color is the same because he's still Blackout so he can fit perfectly in the Movie1 collection, yes!
    also the best fking best part, a NEW OSKO IS A REAL POSSIBILITY NOW! WJ's Hide Shadow is scalped as hell (and also a lil bit dated) so a new BmB OSKO of this Grindor could be the DEFINITIVE MPM version of this character, I'm so excited

NOOO HASBRO WHY DID YOU REPAINTED A MOLD TO PRODUCE A LITERAL REPAINTED CHARACTER!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  19. KibblerGrrrl

KibblerGrrrl Zealous mini-cassettes & fembots evangelist

I also want that tiny Ravage, don't need the Grindor.

• Like Like x 1
  20. BlackHawkOmega

BlackHawkOmega Just trying my best.

News Credits:
    If they redid the hands, i wonder if they redid the shoulder area so it actually locks.