SS Grindor in package

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Smokie, Jun 4, 2021.

1. Gee Won 1984

Gee Won 1984 My hyper-fuel may be a little too hyper

I have them, the deluxe class Skids and MudFlap are a decent size compared to SS (are a little too big), but they really need an update. They are loose, don't have much articulation, and not as detailed as SS.

The Icecream Truck version needs an update even more than the basic deluxe versions just basing on the robot modes. I keep mine in truck mode and like that mode.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde シン・ブリュンヒルド

News Credits:
    I'd unironically love if we got an updated Ice Cream Twins set.

• Like Like x 2
  3. WolverineDragon

WolverineDragon Brother Lombax

They could really benefit from such an update. But given their chilly reception they maybe overlooked, but who knows maybe enough time has passed for those guys to be considered.

4. Gee Won 1984

I hope they do AOE Galvatron in the next year or two. I skipped the entire AOE line (except dinobots) because the quality of the toys really sucked. Studio Series drew me back into AOE to actually want the toys.

• Like Like x 3
  5. WolverineDragon

Maybe his bio will explain how he reverted back to Megatron in the last knight....maybe lol

• Like Like x 1
  6. Gee Won 1984

I could see Skids and MudFlap being the last Bayformers done in SS to put the cherry on top of the collection. But they should be released before a lot of non speaking role characters.

• Like Like x 1
  7. WolverineDragon

They prob cost more at a leadership price due to a the recent price increase plus the fact there’s two bots packaged and the together.

8. Gee Won 1984

Bubbles isn't very happy about how the Doctor looked like him in ROTF.

l-intro-1616071681.jpg 300px-ScalpelCA.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  9. WolverineDragon

10. StarMaverick

StarMaverick Nemesis Command Upgrader

They copied "pop culture" at the time??! Really??!! Well if that's all that you think that was, we are definitely done with this conversation, as I am not about to give you a history lesson on "Cultural Misappropriation" & the history of "Black Face" and all of it's many forms in the media, as it would completely derail this Thread (I would be happy to explain it to you outside of this Thread, if you truly do not understand why it's wrong). You will have that whole in your collecting for years to come, as I highly doubt not even a 3rd party would touch those characters that (as you put it) was just copying "pop culture" at the time (Bay Skids & Mudflap). And yes a Lawsuit and a Boycott! As Cultural Misappropriation in the media is finally taken very seriously. Let's just put it this way, Hasbro will make new figures of Bay Skids & MudFlap at the same time that they start making action figures of the 1960's Rat Pack in Black Face.

11. Revoticus

Revoticus Big Combaticon fan

It would be funny if a 3rd party update makes split heads for Grindor but how are they going to implement it? Blackout's head isn't really easy to remove from his body.

12. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I may be in the minority here, but I actually don't think the Ice Cream Twins need an update other than for availability reasons. They scale well with Studio Series and I don't think they would get much more paint applications in a mainline release today, the rusty detailing is better off done by a customizer. The normal Twins definitely need an update, but it sadly looks like the characters are off the table.

I actually somehow have 2 copies of the figure, the regular one and the one with some rusty paint details that came in a 2-pack with Demolishor (in proper colors). Sadly one of the pegs that connects the two halves broke off when I tried transforming them a couple of months back, on the better, rusty one.

13. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I still say anyone expecting Hasbro to release a new version of the Twins is just setting themselves up for disappointment. Never happening in a million years. You can hope for it all you want, but all you have to do is glance at the news to understand why Hasbro wouldn't want to release toys of stereotypical characters in 2021. It's a no-brainer. The Twins haven't been seen since 2011, and that was only because they were residue from an earlier version of DOTM (which they were cut from). I see no reason to assume we'll ever see them again (outside of maybe some cameo slipped under-the-radar in a comic or something).

• Like Like x 3
  14. HotRodDidNothingWrong

HotRodDidNothingWrong Still salty about TLK Hot Rod

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that Hasbro really doesn't want the Twitter mob accusing them of racism. Whether you like the twins or not, you have to realize that releasing new toys of them today would be a horrible idea in our current "climate". Let's not forget that they were already pretty controversial back in 2009.

• Like Like x 3
  15. StarMaverick

Facts! It was already confirmed that Bay Skids & MudFlap are highly offensive robotic caricatures of African-Americans. And even Bay himself apologized, and promised that the pair would never show up in any other Transformers films ever again. So no way in hell Hasbro is going to make figures of highly offensive Bay Skids & Mudflap caricatures in 2021.

• Like Like x 4
  16. wreckgar39

wreckgar39 I'm just a simple man, trying to make my way.

News Credits:
    Jumping in for a moment. Neither Skids nor Mudflap recieved a marshmallow.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

I don't recall these 'facts' you speak of in any official capacity. Granted I haven't read anything news wise on the movies.

Personally I don't give a damn about the controversy, I want a complete Studio Series cast in proper scale, I sold off my original RotF figures because I anticipated them being made at some point. These are on-screen characters that had substantial fucking screen time. And there are fans of them, it has nothing to do with racism or cultural misappropriation, children grew up with these characters and they are at that point where they'd like to see a complete cast for nostalgic reasons.

I don't doubt we will see them again, if only for rights conventions to keep the damn name Mudflap in Hasbro's ballpark. Since Mudflap was not just the Bay character, but also a character on Cybertron.

And if Hasbro wants to retain the rights to use the name Mudflap then they have to re-use the name and soon if I'm not much mistaken.

A toy of a character like Skidz or Mudflap is NOT POLITICALLY MOTIVATED, so I don't see why anybody is against seeing new toys of these characters. The characters themselves are poorly portrayed, I will grant you that, the director made a bad call on how he envisioned them, there is no denying that. But these fictional characters deserve a fucking toy, especially since the toy isn't about race either. They're alien fucking robots that turn into minivans and a combination ice cream truck, the colours are green, white, pink and burnt orange, there is nothing about them that screams racial human being stereotype.

If Jazz can get away with being made and say typical black stuff like what's crackin' little bitches and all that shit, then Skids and Mudflap can get a new release.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Never got the original, so now I can get him to serve as Blackout, Herald of Unicron.

19. StarMaverick

Well I can tell you right now that your ROTF Bayformers cast will never be complete (unless you can find some 10 year old figures), and you can thank Michael Bay himself for that. Shouldn't of used Transformers as a stage to put on his Minstrel show.
    And in case you still don't understand, here is an article of news that should help to clarify things a bit. Find racist robots in Transformers 3, get $25K from Michael Bay

• Like Like x 1
  20. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I get that you want a complete toy lineup, but appealing to people who have childhood nostalgia for these characters isn't Hasbro's only job. They have a brand image to maintain. Putting out toys of widely controversial characters has the potential to attract all sorts of negative attention from parents, groups, and news sites. In this case disappointing fans is probably the lesser of two evils.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are honestly quite a few Bayverse characters that will probably never be done because of logistical reasons. Driller, the appliance bots, Dispensor, Alice, Oreo-bot, Devcon, Scalpel, etc. These sort of characters are fun fantasies, but most people tend to accept that they're not realistic options. I would encourage people to mentally lump the Twins into that same group. There's never going to be a complete Bayverse lineup, and the Twins will likely be among those missing.

• Like Like x 5