SS Gamer Edition 01 Bumblebee

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Zylly103, May 13, 2023.

1. AndreyOfDoom

AndreyOfDoom maximize

News Credits:
    The way I see it is he improved a lot on the design of the upper arms and the way they integrate the wheels. But then abandoned the already perfected design of the leg from the old Generations one... Just need the same old leg transformation but corrected proportions on this one. And if the chest sat at a bit more downward angle.

And they didn't bother to sculpt in the upper leg detail (similar issue on SS100 ROTB bumblebee). It's like the designer forgot to go past the block model on the sculpt or it's budget cuts.

• Like Like x 4
  2. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    It’s a new guy. Here’s a list of stuff he’s worked on: D40CE07E-6A92-48D5-B491-44A1F75C122A.png

Even with the issues that his designs currently have, he has some unique ways of engineering things, so I’m looking forward to seeing how his designs develop in the future.

• Like Like x 8
  3. AndreyOfDoom

AndreyOfDoom maximize

News Credits:
    Interesting and wore most of his releases are weak IMO. I do like bb and Leo prime.

4. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    These days I wouldn't even blame the designers. Hasbro guts figures as much as possible now for cost "savings" and I assume the designers aren't always left with much of a choice besides releasing a sub-standard figure.

• Like Like x 7
  5. Banshee

Banshee Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This figure’s pretty neat. Bot mode has issues, like the shape of his chest and his stability, but he has some nice poseability, a great headsculpt and lots of accessories.

IMG_4436.jpeg IMG_4437.jpeg

Car mode is great, though. No issues tabbing everything on mine, and the ground clearance on it is tiny, but it works!

IMG_4439.jpeg IMG_4438.jpeg

just going by the bot mode, I like it fine, but not enough to get Cliffjumper . After transformation, however, I appreciate the figure a lot more, and getting CJ is not off the table. :) 

• Like Like x 9
  6. TFfanSean

TFfanSean Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    FYI, the mushroom peg that connects the waist to the torso is hollow and is easily stressed with atleast one report of the peg breaking. I noticed severe stress marks all around the peg on my first copy the day after I got him. The replacement I received yesterday had the same stress marks right out of the box without even handling the figure.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:

You make this one look pretty good.

• Like Like x 1
  8. PsychoCyclonus

PsychoCyclonus Presumptuous and Pretentious Purple Person

YouTube (Custom URL):
    Welp that sucks; going to fix it myself before it becomes an issue. Thanks for the heads up.

• Like Like x 2
  9. TFfanSean

News Credits:
    Any tips on how to go about fixing it, or at the very least strengthening the peg?

• Like Like x 2
  10. PsychoCyclonus

YouTube (Custom URL):
    To be honest, I’m not sure about straightening it. Mine hasn’t broken yet I just wanted to take some precautions by filling up the gap in the back and cutting/sanding parts to reduce stress on the peg.
    I’m filling it with Green Stuff, the putty usually used for sculpting those little models, and additionally have plastic cement just in case.

• Like Like x 2
  11. TFfanSean

News Credits:
    I thought about removing the waist to sand down the peg but I don’t wanna risk breaking it in the process since mine already has stress marks, so for now I’ll see what I can do about filling up the hollow peg. Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  12. PsychoCyclonus

YouTube (Custom URL):
    Glad I could help.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    Finally got a hold of him and I honestly like him. He’s small, chubby and visibly passes for the character. It’s a shame that this is as close as Studio Series could get given this is a 13 year old design, but for what we got, he’s not bad. I think Buzzworthy Origins Bee is the best Core ish size Bee we’ve gotten, so if the Buzzworthy team wants to take a stab at this design, be my guest. But it’s still a solid enough toy. Maybe a brighter yellow would’ve been nice, but it’s nice to finally have a better scaled High Moon/IDW Bee after a decade. It’s one of my favorite designs for the character and easily one of the best of the 2010’s, and is what got the Aligned continuity started. I’m glad it finally has a decent toy.

• Like Like x 5
  14. Denzimus

Denzimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Maybe they'll fix it in later runs?

• Like Like x 2
  15. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    Any pics of where the peg breaks?

• Like Like x 1
  16. 1BLD

1BLD Well-Known Member

This is much better than I thought it would be when it was revealed. The car mode is a nice little computer mouse of a thing, and pleasant to go to/from. I had the original mold (well, the rage over cybertron redeco from the TRU 3 pack of him, Prime and Megatron), and found that thing unpleasant enough to quickly shift it on, while keeping the other two. And in spite of absolutely minimal ground clearance, it rolls perfectly fine. Better than normal too, thanks to the pinned wheels.

I like how much of his details are real. The fenders on his chest (weird as it looks) are real, and the black on his shoulders is an interesting reusue of part of the windscreen. And in hand, I feel like the fenders angle in enough to avoid the body looking bloated.The lack of ankles doesn't really bother me too much either. One thing I would have liked is for the back plate to have a couple of extra hinges, just to tuck in the pieces that sit under his armpits- they'd fill in his sides a bit, and allow his arms to rest in closer to his body. And there was some extra budget here, 3 weapons and pinned wheels can attest to that, though I see the value in including extra weapons whenever possible for the linewide gimmick.

• Like Like x 4
  17. Denzimus

News Credits:
    When this goes on deep clearance(which is highly likely) I'll nab this. This figure is just to much of a disappointment. I do think even an upgrade kit would help it.

• Like Like x 1
  18. baggzey23

baggzey23 psn - baggzey23

News Credits:
    I really like it, to me all it needs is the feet redoing to show most of the wheel and a double hinge on the chest so you can push it closer to his head, could have taken the healing gun out put that on the chest hinge instead

• Like Like x 2
  19. OptimusTarzan

OptimusTarzan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's hit $19 on amazon warehouse.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Denzimus

News Credits:
    Damn already?

Crap I'm too late