SS Devastator Upgrade Kit from DNA Studios

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Mr.Deflok, Aug 28, 2020.

1. gbm

gbm Well-Known Member

:lol  LOL

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ratchet2007

Ratchet2007 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Got my kit today. He looks so much better now.

DSC_1383.JPG DSC_1384.JPG DSC_1385.JPG

Kit is relatively easy to install. Most bits pop on. The screws you have to install are really quite awkward though. I left off the Mixmaster head port part however. Its really awkward to get Mixmaster attached with it on. I ended up just attaching Mixmaster normally. I'm never going to have him on all fours so don't need the head articulation anyway. Overall a really good kit.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  3. neevnav

neevnav The Flying Dutchman

News Credits:
    That looks awesome! Thank you for the reviews so far everyone. I don't get mine until the Shockwave kit is released because they are shipping together, but it's nice to see people's setups! I definitely feel like this is going to be a mileage may vary depending on how you have Devy setup and how much you pose him. Mine is generally static and has to be upright as I don't have room for him to be on all fours, so I think I'll be okay!

4. The Bucket Kitten

The Bucket Kitten Meow... TFW2005 Supporter

20210203_225006.jpg
    I had my kit since Friday, and I love it. I didn't use the new connection piece for Mixmaster cause I prefer the official connection, or the chest piece since it doesn't feel necessary to me. IMHO, the kit makes a already good figure even better.

Also, dispite being inaccurate, I like the upright position more than the accurate four legged stance.

• Like Like x 5
  5. Keroshino

Keroshino Lovable Clod!

News Credits:
    everything looks so good...although i am now worried over the issues people are having

sigh...guess i see for myself what to do when i eventually get mine (Come on TFSource, Get it in Already lol)

6. Enderious Prime

Enderious Prime Active Member

7. gbm

gbm Well-Known Member

What exactly is that video showing?

It looks the same as PrimevPrime's video with regard to the neck assembly peice.

8. daimchoc

daimchoc TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:

@PrimeVsPrime did an updated video too, regarding the neck.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Enderious Prime

Enderious Prime Active Member

Some one else are stated that his video is an update that is a direct link to their video along with instructions in the description here is a link to that.
    Instructions
    it basically is showing how to do the four legged pose with the new neck piece

10. jimmyh

jimmyh TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    So when was the first figure released? I finally opened all of them tonight.

Financially speaking, I think I should have waited for the box set.

2.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  11. Hobo Prime

Hobo Prime Prime of Beards

News Credits:
    I think the 1st figures released around spring/summer 2019. Nearly 2 years ago.

12. Tef

Tef Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
  13. jimmyh

jimmyh TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    After screwing around with this figure for hours last night; it looks pretty cool. But what a PIA to get there. I understand now why they went with a fully erect combined form. He just is really unstable enough on all fours. Getting him to hold his torso up without the arms collapsing was a physics challenge. And unless I display him on carpet, the feet and hands just slide around causing him to collapse.

So I took a piece of foam board and made cutouts for his hands and feet. Keeps them locked in place. And as a bonus makes it look he is sinking into the sand. And I mean, that shadow...

I dig the D&K wings. But they really did not want you fixing them. Raised lettering means grinding to fix it. That's pretty irritating. They could have just painted it on. And their head connector was not well thought out. I had to use it, the standard wheel connections and a frankenstein transformation of Mixmaster's undercarriage to get Devastators head in a somewhat passable pose. And I am not sure how I feel about the back piece. It's at the completely wrong angle in this pose. But if it was at the correct angle, I would never, ever see it. So...

Anyway, I feel like I lost 4 hours of my life on a figure that is only marginally interesting.

20210206_173402361_iOS.jpg 20210206_172754397_iOS.jpg 20210206_172121099_iOS_resize.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  14. Voxi

Voxi Active Member

Facebook:
    Im getting the full aoyi mech/d&d set along with this dna kit next week. Probably will do a mega post as i plan to mod stuff on him. We'll see how it turns out.
    Things i mainly have in mind are how they fit on the KO and if there are any clearance issues. I might do some tweaking in both standing/crawling mode to make it look better. So if anyones wondering if theres any problems fitting onto the KO ill 100% post it here next week. (Unless theres a KO ss devy thread anywhere. Ill also post on there too if there is one though)
    Feel free to request anything for me to do on this set if you have any doubts/questions, id be more than willing to help post pictures :) 

15. blastoff2334

blastoff2334 Figure Enthusiast

News Credits:
    I’m definitely pleased with mine
    A0E1D442-3360-442C-BB12-F265F4ABFD85.jpeg
    only issue is the mold degradation on my ss69 scavenger but I dig this kit

• Like Like x 5
  16. xueyue2

xueyue2 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  17. jaws

jaws Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I received my kit today from Toy Dojo (thank you FedEx Sunday delivery)--the monster is now complete!

The face, shoulder parts, wrecking balls, and vortex grinder are the easiest items to install; a simple click and they are in place. I used the new Mixmaster connector tube, works great. My configuration for Overload doesn't allow the chest piece to be installed as instructed, it is held in place with Mixmasters feet. The pieces to hold the Mixmaster truck hood in place fit snuggly. It took a couple of hours to get everything in place so he is somewhat stable while standing upright, more tweaks planned.

100_4223.JPG 100_4225.JPG 100_4228.JPG 100_4229.JPG 100_4232.JPG

Last edited: Feb 7, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  18. ziltama

ziltama Mods, molds, and casts. Also full of hot gas.

News Credits:
    The chest plate requires Overload's cab panel to be angled fairly high, which would then prevent Mixmaster's legs going into stock configuration. One could angle his legs off to the sides, but then it pushes Overload's legs further away from center.

Just like CW/UW Devastator, DNA Design figured out a way to make combiner connections less stable. Our Mixmaster connector wore out pretty quickly and caused a slight deformation on Mixmaster's spout.

19. blastoff2334

blastoff2334 Figure Enthusiast

News Credits:
    Yea I just can’t lol. Like I never liked that fact that he has the balls I just was like wtf lol

20. Pyrrhonius

Pyrrhonius Member

Yeah that’s what I said when I got my dog last Christmas

• Like Like x 3