SS-40 Studio Series Shatter

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by wtrz, Mar 3, 2019.

1. Shmoptimus Prime

Shmoptimus Prime Za Warudo! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I used future and it did help. They still pop off while transforming but stay on for regular posing and such.

2. Zylly103

Zylly103 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Finally got one of these off Amazon, only issue I have with stuff popping off are the swinging bits attached to the hood.

She's definitely one of the less frustrating Studio Series I've got (though heli-Dropkick still holds the title of least frustrating SS for me), though still has some of the typical movie-design issues with relying too much on panels for transformation.

Overall, though, I like her.

3. AutobotTurbine

AutobotTurbine Well-Known Member

So, I've been debating this for a really long while after reading a bunch of different reviews, and with the Jet mode version coming out I really have to ask: ultimately, is this version of Shatter worth it?

4. ObakaChanTachi

ObakaChanTachi I was on a break

News Credits:
    Only if you like cars. Jet Shatter outclasses Car Shatter in every way possible. From accuracy, articulation, kibble, paint, QC, etc.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Shmoptimus Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    The car mode isn't even that great on car shatter. The front wheels tend to go wonky and the arms don't peg in anywhere underneath. Ugh.

6. das_hermit

das_hermit Decepticons forever!

I wonder if the heads will be cross-compatible? I like the battle-mask head but only really want Shatter and Dropkick as a plane and chopper duo.

7. Xaran Alamas

Xaran Alamas Well-Known Member

So I just got my one of these come in today and I have many of the issues posted here, her shoulders keep popping off and one of the panels on her backpack loves to pop off. The mushroom joint for her right arm also is slightly warped I think as it doesn't like to stay in properly and is prone to popping out when turning. I've tried shaving some plastic off a bit but we'll see how that goes.
    That said, I really like her alt mode, and in fact that is the primary reason I bought this version of her. I already have the Jet Mode Shatter who I love but (currently) only have car Dropkick and wanted to have the car version of Shatter to be able to have the pair of them chasing my SS 18 Bumblebee on the open road and in that mode she does not disappoint. I think I'll be keeping her in car mode most the time and using Jet Shatter for her robot mode needs, which works well as Jet Shatter has the faux car front bumper in her chest :) 

8. AndreyOfDoom

AndreyOfDoom maximize

News Credits:
    We need a new copter drop kick to get one that has car kibble too. That should be the definitive version like jet shatter so it's a shame they made him too early. Probably due to greed...

Studio series characters should be made way after all the designs are out in the media so they can look at it and make accurate figures. Every time they went against this strategy they totally botched the design like VW Bumblebee with the kibble, copter Dropkick, and even beloved BB Optimus is painted to match unfinished design. He luckily ended up good cause that unfinished design didn't change much in the final movie.

9. Shmoptimus Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    OTOH, I'll bet they made a ton of money off those figures.

10. AndreyOfDoom

AndreyOfDoom maximize

News Credits:
    Probably, but it's related to their designs or character demand. I remember seeing 12 drop kicks shelf warming at my target with 0 other deluxes....

But in the end we got a version that isn't very studio series like and needs a remake lol

11. Shmoptimus Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Yeah I think the fandom is pretty over the "based on concept art" thing. Especially now that we have MPMs and studio series. Seems like a big step backwards. But from a financial standpoint it makes total sense still.

12. Ravage101

Ravage101 Well-Known Member

I know the Car version of Shatter is a terrible figure with so many problems, but I find myself becoming a completeist. Shatter’s vehicle is a character car design I really like. If I find this figure at a cheap price I do plan to pick it up.

For such a poorly reviewed figure it’s selling price is pretty damn high. Transformers Red Lightning Bumblebee Action Figure https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DJWFFB8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tau_nPB3Eb911KYKT

• Like Like x 1
  13. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Car Shatter's wave had some really spotty distribution, which is why she's selling for so high.

14. Ravage101

Finally found Shatter Car mode for $19 on Amazon. It shows I got the last one.

I’m not expecting the figure to be anything great but so excited for the Car mode.

15. Ravage101

I canceled the order. Originally it was said that it would ship in 2 days. Now they have no idea when it would ship...sooooo that was bullshit advertising. I don’t waste my time on that.

16. Basilisk

Basilisk It will give you infinite pleasure!

weird how everyone hates this figure yet shes so hard to find for a decent price.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Revoticus

Revoticus Still a Big Combaticon fan

Despite what has been said in this thread I decided to take the bullet and bought Car
    Shatter just to see for myself how she holds up.
    I've only messed with her for a couple of minutes and she seems fine! Nothing feel apart when I took her out of the box and the first time I transformed her none of her arms or panel dropped on me.
    Although that may not be the case when going from car to robot. The car mode is good, just needs a few more paint touch ups to be even better. Only nitpick I have is there doesn't seem to be anywhere to store the weapons.

18. Shmoptimus Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    The guns can stay on the arms when you transform her if you don't mind seeing a bit of them on the sides.

19. Ishino

Ishino Classics Enthusiast

News Credits:
    I must be in the minority, I really like car Shatter. Not perfect by a long shot and yes bits sometimes pop off during transformation, but that doesn't bother me. She looks fantastic paired up with Dropkick's car mode, and her transformation is unique and interesting enough to make her worth owning alongside the jet-mode figure, which is admittedly better overall.

• Like Like x 1
  20. ApocalypseThruster

ApocalypseThruster Local “Why aren’t they here?!” Poster

News Credits:
    Any idea if the Buzzworthy reissue fixed her "fall-apart" issues?

• Like Like x 3