SS-40 Studio Series Shatter

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by wtrz, Mar 3, 2019.

1. BlackHawkOmega

BlackHawkOmega Artist with a Temper

News Credits:
    Maybe they tweaked it a bit? I've been holding off on it to see if they would fix the issues.

2. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    Well, I can safely say I had no such luck with my Shatter. Arms practically refuse to stay on. It's baffling how such an issue comes about. Is this some designer's first crack at a TF? How are simple balljoints that difficult to manage?

I modded the doors into wings on mine and swapped the heads. I quite like the figure overall, really nice paint and detail, loos great and all, but those shoulders pretty much ruin it, and short of replacing them with my own joints I haven't the foggiest how to actually fix the issue.

3. Shmoptimus Prime

Shmoptimus Prime Za Warudo! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I used future and it did help. They still pop off while transforming but stay on for regular posing and such.

4. Zylly103

Zylly103 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Finally got one of these off Amazon, only issue I have with stuff popping off are the swinging bits attached to the hood.

She's definitely one of the less frustrating Studio Series I've got (though heli-Dropkick still holds the title of least frustrating SS for me), though still has some of the typical movie-design issues with relying too much on panels for transformation.

Overall, though, I like her.

5. AutobotTurbine

AutobotTurbine Well-Known Member

So, I've been debating this for a really long while after reading a bunch of different reviews, and with the Jet mode version coming out I really have to ask: ultimately, is this version of Shatter worth it?

6. ObakaChanTachi

ObakaChanTachi Can't Fight This Feeling!

News Credits:
    Only if you like cars. Jet Shatter outclasses Car Shatter in every way possible. From accuracy, articulation, kibble, paint, QC, etc.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Shmoptimus Prime

Shmoptimus Prime Za Warudo! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    The car mode isn't even that great on car shatter. The front wheels tend to go wonky and the arms don't peg in anywhere underneath. Ugh.

8. das_hermit

das_hermit Decepticons forever!

I wonder if the heads will be cross-compatible? I like the battle-mask head but only really want Shatter and Dropkick as a plane and chopper duo.