SS-40 Studio Series Shatter

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by wtrz, Mar 3, 2019.

1. Fallout

Fallout Banned

News Credits:
    someone mind measuring the alt mode length and robot mode height for me?

2. HunterRose

HunterRose Well-Known Member

Not trying to criticize you at all. Just really frustrated with Hasbro's QC. As you say, they're literally selling 1/3 of the promised toy here.

Another thought I had -
    I bought Cogman at the same time as Shatter. And he's actually kinda fun. But more to the point, his transformation is simple but fun and hes really solid (he even has ratchet joints and everything!). Its hard to believe that these two figures come from the same* "Premium Line".

Adding insult to injury, is that Shatter is a really cool character from a new cool movie that's going to potentially revitalize the franchise and her figure (as well as VW-B and Dropkick) is kind of a throwaway slop. Meanwhile this non character from a shit movie is release with such loving care right at the same time. It's obnoxious and dumb.

But mostly, I do think Hasbro has an obligation to present figures that don't completely fall apart when you touch them.

* I realize that Cogman isn't actually from the same toyline. He's a repaint of a TLK figure. Which is another point of contention I have with the SS Line. SO MANY REPAINTS of characters that NO ONE CARES ABOUT!

The SS line is really inconsistent, and its frustrating.

• Like Like x 1
  3. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Crossdresser Toy Collector

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Oh no I get it, no offense taken. It's just tough when you appreciate alt modes and desire certain ones in the franchise but they come tied with "meh" figures like this. Personally I feel the Studio Series has been pretty strong thus far, barring two examples...this one and WWII 'Bee, another figure I desired due to alt mode alone.

• Like Like x 1
  4. PlanckEpoch

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Its the little things. Painted up the rally light bar. Makes the alt mode looks much better. Ain't perfect but it was as much effort for a shitty figure that I was willing to do.

20190313_092748_HDR.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  5. neevnav

neevnav The Flying Dutchman

News Credits:
    It's a shame the robot mode isn't awesome, cause the alt mode looks awesome.

6. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeeeaaahh...

Alt mode is just baddass.

That bot mode looks like a complete mess from here. It's not that cool looking, does not evoke that awesome character from the movie, and complaints from solid members saying it falls apart.

Is it too shitty to hope the repaint fixes it? Hell..rusty bee is leaps and bounds better than the 1st release

• Like Like x 1
  7. HunterRose

HunterRose Well-Known Member

The problem is that Camero Bee looks great so long as you don't touch it.
    Even if the joints and stability on this figure are fixed, you still end up with: a figure that is "not that cool looking, does not evoke that awesome character from the movie"

I thought about putting nail polish on the shoulders and fenders that fall apart, but the end result still wouldn't be worth it for me.

• Like Like x 1
  8. jaws

jaws Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    She's a great figure especially with the mix of car and jet parts in bot mode, just needs some wings hanging off her back. Even her battlemask is an interesting feature though not seen in movie.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Thebricklord

Thebricklord Well-Known Member

I thought she didn't have any jet parts in bot mode?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Aigis

Aigis Anti Shadow Weapon TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    That was just when she first scanned the car mode, she got jet kibble later on.

• Like Like x 1
  11. BlackHawkOmega

BlackHawkOmega Just trying my best.

News Credits:
    Later runs of SS01 Bumblebee fixed the issues the original releases had; I'm sure if Shatter is released in another wave like BB was, they'll probably fix the looseness.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    I am honestly fine with both modes. But yeah, the number of things that fall off during transformation is ridiculous. I did a pass with floor polish and it didn’t help much. I might give it another go to see if it helps at least with the shoulders.

13. Shmoptimus Prime

Shmoptimus Prime Za Warudo!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    There are definitely flaws with this figure, but I think that if she had a real face we'd all be a lot happier and more forgiving. Her face had so much character and it's just not here like it should be. Even though Dropkick's chopper figure is totally different than the movie version, the headsculpt is good and that makes me more forgiving. Also if she were more posable. I think she looks great just standing there looking intimidating, but she can't pull off most of the fight moves she used against Bee in the movie. She can kneel and hi-kick though!

14. omegafix

omegafix Mechanically Insane

News Credits:
    I outlined the eyes on the head. I also display the hood pieces upward, adds character 20190319_233839.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  15. NemesisJazz

NemesisJazz Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    Screenshot_20190323-063157~2.png Is this accurate? I really like her....maybe i will paint her head like this

16. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Food Truck or BMW Moderator

News Credits:
    Shatter fits right in on the "Cool but I wish it was a bigger figure made of sturdier plastic" shelf. I think she looks pretty boss in both modes but oh my god those shoulders during transformation tho.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The popping off really sours what could otherwise be a real star of a figure. The transformation is pretty intuitive and she cleans up really nicely in both modes. I think I could even live with just the car panels popping off all the time, but it's really hard to forgive on the arms.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Never before in the annals of transformerdom..has there been a more explosive figure.

When I found mine at the store, the one I DIDNT grab had parts rattling around in the box. poor bastard that gets THAT one...jeeessshhh

There's a new viral internet challenge going around...its called the "SHATTER CHALLENGE"...word on the street is if you can transform deluxe shatter without a single part falling off, Elon musk is giving away 10 million dollars.
    NOBODY HAS COME CLOSE

I was away from home, in a hotel when I found mine. I didnt have my trusty knipex snips I use to cut the lil plastic things that hold the figure in the tray. I shit you not, to the 10th power, I had 7 parts before I could get the entire figure out.

The transformation is SWEET. The car mode..SWEET. bot mode? SAWEEEEET.

But skip this thing. I'm taking mine back and I hardly ever return a figure. I'm emailing Hasbro and I hardly ever do that. This figure is so ambitious for the size, I hate to say it...the only company that would get it right is weijiang or black mamba after its upsized a bit. Then it'll be way worth buying.

If figures with loose, falling off parts bother you, skip this one..just look at her at the store thru the window and know she has herpes. Avoid.

19. PlanckEpoch

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I'd also argue that the figure can't really pose worth a damn. As I said in my review her legs are so goddamn limited in their articulation that she might as well be a 5-POA figure. Unless you really, REALLY like the car mode(like I do), I still don't recommend you buy. Wavemate Scrapmetal is the best of the wave, and if you don't already have Cogman then he's a pretty damn good figure too.

• Like Like x 1
  20. crazyjw18

crazyjw18 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've not been too impressed overall with the SS deluxe cars as a whole, they've been either too fiddly/poppy or too fragile, but this one seems to take the cake on all fronts with about a quarter of the figure flinging off during transformation. I understand they are trying to get good modes out of an even smaller size than usual, but if you can't do it without it being like.... this, then simplify down to a level where you can. This is high on my worst figures list.

• Like Like x 1