Srsly. Miko causing trouble is getting old... isn't it?

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by CodeXCDM, Aug 7, 2011.

1. CodeXCDM

CodeXCDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So as others may have seen, Episode 21 aired on Teletoon and has been uploaded to Youtube.

...and... yea, Miko gets into the middle of something she shouldn't butt into YET AGAIN. That's all I'm going to say without spoiling anything else...

But really... this is getting very old... don't you all agree? One thing to be a trouble maker, another to be the cause of it every other episode if not more.

The episode overall is pretty good... but they need a new trigger for plots to unfold other than Miko stepping into the battlefield...

2. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think it's getting to the point where it's more of an annoyance with the writing rather than the characters itself. They made Miko run in there just to get the plot started.

3. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This was the fourth episode Miko caused trouble, that means she did bad stuff three times and didn't learn her lesson, if she doesn't learn after this one where she even said it was all her fault herself then I'll just take it that she is a flat out bad character. Atleast this time she was trying to actualy help and not just run in to watch a fight and it happened during an actualy pretty good episode (if it was another Shadowzone I would've throw her in the shit character dumpster already honestly )

4. Kostya

Kostya Destron

News Credits:
    Be honest here, how many times has Miko caused a problem like this just by her presence? Darkness Rising 3, Shadowzone, Rock Bottom, and The Ancient are the only episodes I can think of.

That's 4 out of 21, not every other episode, not even a quarter of all total episodes. I really think this is getting a bit overblown.

However I will admit that it seems slightly odd that this episode aired after Rock Bottom considering what happened in that one. It would make more sense if this one occurred beforehand but whatever.

Something to note is that in this episode she, for the first time, said it was her fault that she killed Bulkhead. I think she is starting to realize but it's taking some time.

5. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I just don't have a problem with Miko at all. For the most part I'm enjoying the show and the writing. I have my complaints, but Miko isn't one of them. I don't dive too far into this stuff anyways and just enjoy the show as much as I can.

6. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    While yes, Miko's antics are getting old, I was impressed by her efforts to get the device back to base. Surprising initiative, perhaps even to the point of being out-of-character.

7. AnithaPrime

AnithaPrime TURDUKEN

I agree, as soon as I saw the new episode I remembered why I hated her. She was good for a little bit but now she's back to her oldself.

8. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Oh, I completely agree. It's getting very old.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2011
  9. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    If we get more episodes like this I'll quit watching.

She was a moron multiple times in this episode. First running onto the battlefield, then taking Bulkhead out of the protected zone, putting Optimus and the rest of the battlefield bots in danger, Bulkhead in danger, and losing the synthetic Energon information forever.

Prime hasn't won me over yet as a series and if they're just going to make bland episodes filled with stupid Miko doing stupid things that should get her and others killed, then there's no point in me continuing to watch.

I couldn't help but notice that Jack and Raf weren't in this episode, mostly because they would've pointed out or stopped her insanely dangerous stupidity. That Prime coddled her at the end made it worse. Kick her out of the base.

At the rate she's going, she'll end up being Megatrons best weapon against the Autobots.

I wasn't thrilled with her character in Darkness Rising, but it was part of the group and her character is a dangergirl. With this episode, the straw on the camels back is dangerously strained.

10. modzprime29

modzprime29 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nahh, I like her and think that maybe in the future she play a huge part in the show.

11. Stormrunner

Stormrunner Cry for the Cat's Eye

I'm going out on a limb and saying this time she was trying to help by getting the canister out of Con hands - the first thing she does is phone Ratchet.

The second thing she did - bringing Bulkhead out of the base - now THAT was what irritated me.

12. Hakudoushi

Hakudoushi Well-Known Member

Nah, if anything I'm liking her more and more.

13. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

I think it's not that annoying, face it: We would all do the same.

Besides, she was trying to help this time around.

14. Flashdisk

Flashdisk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's kind of annoying. They're using her too much to trigger problematic events. I don't think thats a good thing.

And her character is not showing restraint again, taking away any character development from the previous episodes. She hasn't changed. If this doesn't change she could end up as a Scrappy Doo type character. That is not good, imo.

15. changepas39

changepas39 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I am getting tired of it too. If the Autobots are watching the kids to protect them they are not doing a very good job with Miko. I think Ratchet was thinking the right thing and groundbridge her back to Japan. She'd be safer there!

Or the character that should die by the end of this season is MIKO!!!!

16. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, this makes 5 times:

Darkness Rising Part 3: sneaking out with Bulkhead and getting caught
    Deus Ex Machina: getting caught in the museum
    Shadowzone: I CANT BELIEVE YOU MADE ME LOSE MY PHONE!!!1!!1!
    Rock Bottom: wandering into the cave she shouldn't have gone into in the first place, causing the Autobots to follow and set forth the chain of events leading to the cave-in
    Episode 21: Sneaking out and activating the Data Cylinder, causing Bulkhead to almost die/lose his mind forever.

Plus, now we know she knows how to operate the ground bridge all by herself now. WAT COULD POSSIBLEE GO RONG?

Although I have to say, I give credit to Tania Gunadi, even though Miko's stupid, at least her voice performances are always top notch.

17. phoenix88

phoenix88 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i think she's slowly learnign her lesson. but slower than i'd like. I ahve to say though the best line of the episode was brakedown's "boo hoo, i'm leaking lubricant" after her sap-fest moment

18. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think the scary part about Miko is that she's very much like Jade from Jackie Chan adventure.

And Jade never
    ever
    learned her lesson.

Can you imagine it? 3 Seasons of Miko insanity? I tremble at the thought.

19. The F.N.G.

The F.N.G. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't think that would qualify. She had a reason to be there, and the Autobots knew she was there. She only got caught because of bad timing with the guard.

20. Ecchokat

Ecchokat Ponyologiest for Hire!

Ebay:
    I don't like Miko at all. I warmed up to her a little after rock bottom but she just is at it again. It was a really good episode but I wish they would work on some other people even Raf and bee would be a nice change.