Customs: SR-71 Reshell Ideas: Input Wanted

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Signal LancR, Apr 3, 2020.

1. Signal LancR

Signal LancR Bah weep gragnah

I have this 18" long SR-71 Blackbird model I'm looking to use for reshelling a Transformer. I'm still planning out what figure(s) and character(s) I'd like to do, so I'd love to hear what you think.

1585917338677-1786624945.jpg

My biggest issues at the moment are size and shape. I can't find any figures big and long enough to fit the nose of the jet. So I thought I could solve that by making this out of more that one figure.

1585917103818-1403400364.jpg

Layout: As the drawing illustrates, I I could divide the plane in four. I'd use the front half for one large figure, likely a leader or voyager, while the rear half would be made of three smaller (minicon, legends, or scout) figures.

As for character choice, the drawing also shows a G1 toy style Jetfire the big figure with representations of his Armada, Energon, and Cybertron designs. I could also use the colour schemes of the repaints of the original figures. Black Skyfire, Universe Spacewarp, Energon Overcast, and Cybertron Skyshadow.

Donor figures could be TLK Leader/Voyager Megatron for the front, which ever fits. I'm tempted to use the Armada Star Saber Minicon team for the rear, but they're likely too small. I would love suggestions on what scout class figures I could use.

But what about the Spy Drone? Just like the GIJoe Night Raven, the SR-71 was originally designed to carry and deploy a recon drone. A representation of which is included with this model. So I had another idea.

What if it was Soundwave/Reflector? I could also make the plane out of Soundwave, Spectro, Spyglass, and Viewfinder, while turning the drone into Laserbeak and possibly Buzzsaw or Ravage. I dunno. The old tapedeck mode needs updating, and that seemed like a fun way to do it.

Sound off! Tell me what you think; good and bad! Thanks for looking!

2. Signal LancR

Signal LancR Bah weep gragnah

Here's the model next to TLK Leader Megs

1585919302081426596301.jpg