Spurs win NBA title

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by T-Logicon, Jun 16, 2014.

1. El Zilcho

El Zilcho Well-Known Member

Because I feel like it? Unless the mods have since edited the title to "Spurs win NBA title - Posting restricted to fans of basketball and/or Lebron", I didn't realize there were parameters on the opinions one could post on a topic beyond what's specifically banned in the board rules.

Note that I didn't say basketball sucks, I said I couldn't care less about it - there's a big difference. To say basketball sucks would imply caring enough about the sport to have a negative opinion of it. FWIW, I'd much rather watch basketball than baseball, American football, unAmerican football or *ugh* golf.

As far as Lebron, I don't know enough about basketball to know whether he's a good player or not. My dislike of him is based on his attitude, not to mention how over-hyped he is by the media. I think he's an over-exposed jerk and I'm glad to see him lose.

2. ACMagnus

ACMagnus Take Your Heart!

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    To be fair, the Heat DID three-peat... 3 straight losses :lol 

3. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    You don't know enough about basketball to know whether he's good or not but you know he's overhyped by the media. That makes no sense.

4. DJPrime39

DJPrime39 mUnKY

Didnt jordan have a cramp game in the finals and didnt return

5. Kimmer

Kimmer Well-Known Member

Most Lebron haters are just casual fans or don't know anything about basketball. They just "hate" him cause others do. Also it's just natural that people hate whoevers the best. I'm not crazy about him but respect his ridiculous skill.

Just happy for Duncan, Parker, Ginobili, and Popovich. All class acts and it's nice to see guys like that succeed. These guys have been doing it for years yet they're still underrated imo. They just let their games do the talking. Gotta respect that kind of professionalism nowadays when most athletes just run their mouths and don't do shit when it counts.

It's gonna be fun watching if Lebron decides to stay in Miami or be a free agent again. They're still a solid team next year if he stays so who knows.

6. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What a great win for the san diego spurts! i'm glad to see the miami flame lose, screw that leigh braun guy. such a great feeling to see tom duggan win his, what, 12th championship or something. best power center ever!

7. Remington

Remington Banned

This. I don't understand why people are so possessive over their sports, to the point where they think they have the right to stop people from voicing their own opinions if they don't share the same interest in the sport.

8. Haloid1177

News Credits:
    Because their opinion has no merit if there is no basis for it?

9. Remington

Remington Banned

Pretty sure he gave a reason to why he doesn't like Lebron. He's seen him in the media, and said that he didn't like his attitude and thought he was over-hyped. You know, like the press conferences that are shown over the major news networks?

And if you honestly think reading their opinion is a waste of your time, then ignore it. But nope, instead it's better to start a police force to monitor who's posts matter or not.

10. Haloid1177

News Credits:
    He said the media overhyped him. He has no clue if they did or not though because he doesn't watch. That was my point. If you don't watch basketball and go strictly off the media your opinion isn't of merit because it's just restating someone else's.

Calling someone out to cause them to rethink what they're posting or cause a discussion on the matter is perfectly acceptable on the boards, which is something you need to learn.

11. Remington

Remington Banned

So I need to learn that for some unknown reason you're going to attack everyone on this board and act like a superior because they don't like basketball? Why should anyone post on here if that's the case?

12. Haloid1177

News Credits:
    Lol so because I'm calling someone out for basketball in a thread about basketball that's what I'll do in every thread ever. Wonderful logic.

Because not everyone is as easily annoyed/offended as you are apparently? I mean if I bother you so much throw me on your ignore list. Solves the problem for both of us. I mean everyone has been civil, I don't get what your problem is here.

13. MetalicGrunt

MetalicGrunt Rust Proof Commando

News Credits:
  14. Haloid1177

News Credits:
  15. MetalicGrunt

MetalicGrunt Rust Proof Commando

News Credits:
  16. Haloid1177

News Credits:
    I completely agree with the Tim Duncan comment. At this point in time Duncan should be higher on the GOAT list. He deserves more respect.

I also agree that Bill is one of the top 4 to ever play. But the fact his comments came out after that makes him just seem upset LeBron didn't mention him more than anything else.

17. Remington

Remington Banned

I'm basing my statement on the fact that you seem to annoy a lot of people on this site, but this has gotten off track. I was just trying to stop someone from attacking another member for merely posting in a thread that they felt like posting in.

18. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Haloid1177, it seems you are more bothered than anyone else though. I'm kinda with Remington on this one.

Is it that hard to see why people don't like Lebron? Even if someone could quantify it with an amount of Lebron time watched, what would be enough for you?

True, the common hater is a casual NBA watcher, but that's what exposure they have to him. And note, when I mention hate/haters/haterade, I'm pretty sure it's taken lightly in sports terms. I don't think anyone here would club Lebron to death in a dark alley if they had the chance.

Exposure to "The Choice", interviews, is what the common person sees.
    Hell I just searched "Lebron flopping" on Youtube and there are a ton of results. https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=lebron+flopping&page=4

Why does the "hate" make you sick? You're a Pats fan, too. You can't possibly think everyone thinks only positive thoughts of Brady and the Pats. Here a bunch of videos of a quick search of "Brady Whining"https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=brady+whining
    You must be extremely sick of that to the point you're in bed all the time.

I respect Lebron as an NBA athlete (and Brady of course in the NFL). One of the best ever.

But I don't like him as a person. And no one here, unless they hang out with him on a regular basis, can convince me otherwise. My opinion which I really shouldn't have to justify like this.

I'm not gonna lie, I'm a hater just because also -_^, but hey, it happens in sports. I don't need explanations all the time. Part of joy/pain of the game. Being from NY I get the good and bad.

19. Haloid1177

News Credits:
    I annoy a lot of people on this site? That's interesting and frankly news worthy to me. Mind backing that up? First I'm hearing of it.

Which is fine. I don't see where I'm saying people can't disagree with me. I'm simply asking people to back it up, which you obviously did.

As a Pats fan (as you said), I'm used to it. But LeBron gets it more than anyone almost strictly because he switched teams in a stupid way. That's it. Hell, he admitted it was stupid.

Nah, I'm sure they wouldn't. Not at all. My whole argument earlier was to someone admitting to knowing nothing/not watching basketball and hating LeBron because of frankly no reason. That was my point.

Exactly. The common person should expect to be called out by a basketball fan or a LeBron fan of that's all they know.

Ya see, I understand the Pats hate. SpyGate, Brady marrying Gisele, Brady's personality, Belichick's personality. I get it. But LeBron I don't. He's generally nice, always involved in charities, and no one had an issue until he fucked up with The Decision which he admits was a fuck up. Pretty much since Brady and Belichick were on the NFL scene, they weren't liked, but LeBron was, and then a switch flipped. It never made sense to me.

But you justified to where I understand it better and respect it more, better than someone saying "I hate LeBron and don't watch basketball."

I'm so sorry if you're a Knicks fan.

20. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Glad you didn't take it as a personal attack.

I actually don't follow the NBA ;)  but by default, I'd follow the Knicks....