Spurs win NBA title

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by T-Logicon, Jun 16, 2014.

1. T-Logicon

T-Logicon assembles the drones

Spurs thoroughly curb stomped the Heat to win the championship. I watch basketball twice a year - if that - for the NCAA & NBA finals, and I was impressed how the spurs dominated this game tonight. Especially after being down early. Did anybody else watch it? I watched the last couple mins of the 3rd and all of the 4th.

2. seali_me

seali_me RIP January 2018

:Gouki: 

Murdered the opponent. :lol 

3. Switch625

Switch625 "Up, up, and away!"

I'm a big Spurs fan. I think they're one of the classiest organizations in sports.

They started tonight's game so completely cold and turned it around in such a huge way. In years past, they would have lost this game. They let last year's title slip through their fingers. They've improved greatly this year, mostly in mental toughness.

They're not just the "Big 3" anymore. You can't beat LeBron with just three guys. The entire team stepped up and carried a bit of the load this year. Patty Mills exploded off the bench and Kawhi Leonard played out of his mind. Every team in the league should have been taking notes during the finals. This is a team sport and there's no better proof of that than the Spurs.

4. thunder117

thunder117 Magna Defender

Ebay:
    Spurs wanted it badly. And they didn't want to go all the way to 7 this time.

Plus, Lebron's team was so shit. The Heat was decent in the season, but we all knew the West would destroy them in the finals. I mean come on, Clippers, Thunder, and Spurs each had an equal chance to take the game to the Heat. They're just so outdated, everyone's adjusted to their strategies.

5. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke Flynn Lives

Don't even care about basketball but Hell ya! Piss off Lebron!;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) 

6. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yikes, I feel for Lebron. The Heat turned into Cleveland, guy had zero help. I'm not a Spurs fan but I can appreciate their gameplay.

The real downside to all this? I love my home state of Texas but we don't know how to celebrate gracefully. I'm going to see Spurs crap FOREVER... Ugh, like the people that still break-out the 05 UT Rose Bowl shirts, celebrate the championship but give it up! One championship does not equal 10+ years of bragging

7. El Zilcho

El Zilcho Well-Known Member

This. I couldn't care less about basketball but glad to see Lebron lose.

8. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    So sick of all the LeBron hate, especially this time around when he was the only person on hi team doing anything in the Finals. Wade and Bosh flat out disappeared this year. Looking at the stats it's scary to see how similar this team is to his 2007 Cleveland team.

9. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

I'm just glad it's over. The NBA pretty much sucks in general.

It just means we're that much closer to the NFL season starting up again.

10. MetalicGrunt

MetalicGrunt Rust Proof Commando

News Credits:
    Lebron didn't win.. That's all I care about- certaintly not 3, not 4, not 5, not 6......Unless thats 3 times a loser in the Finals.

11. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Not much a fan of the Spurs but I'm even less of a fan of the Heat...so this was a hard finals to enjoy...well congrats to the entire San Antonio organization and their fans...:thumb 

12. Jadryx

Jadryx Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm not a huge follower of NBA games but I've been a fan of the Spurs since The Admiral. I'm glad they made it back to the finals and won it all this year.

13. Transmetal

Transmetal Well-Known Member

Why the hell are you even posting in here then? Basketball is the one and only sport I can watch even though I don't care who's playing. Both Hockey & Baseball are horrible to watch and as an Eagles fan living in MN, unless its a big game for them I have to watch the Bears, Pack and Vikings most times......boring. Which is still way better than watching a some horrible AFC matchup.

14. Remington

Remington Banned

And who gave you the job of guarding this thread from "intruders" that may not like basketball as much as you? Last time I checked, people are allowed to post anywhere they want. Just because you're a basketball fan doesn't give you the right to tell people where they can voice their opinions.

15. oddobot

oddobot carpe diem all diem long

Ebay:
    AS a fan of a lot of different sports, the likes of which I won't divulge, I think the Spurs are the model franchise in the NBA, maybe in all of sports. Great coaching, players that actually respect opponents and players that you don't see in headlines for the wrong reasons. Solid organization through and through. A lot of NFL, MLB, and even a couple of NHL teams could take a cue from them.

And yes, I too was glad to see Lebron denied again. Just for all the haters out there.

16. Transmetal

Transmetal Well-Known Member

I'm just wondering why somebody who doesn't even like the sport would voice an opinion? Do I go into the NHL and MLB threads saying, your sports suck? No

17. DJPrime39

DJPrime39 mUnKY

Why do people hate lebron? Why do yall hate greatness, is back to back rings not enough?

18. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Oh boy, let the bullshit reasons start.

19. NemiMonkey

NemiMonkey Whippin Dem Fungals

News Credits:
    Amen to that! :D 

20. The Iron Magnus

The Iron Magnus Optimus's Face-in-a-Box

Because spurs fans kept on giving crap about Lebron cramping.
    Only logical reason.