2D Artwork: Springer: Twice the Life

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Jackpot, Aug 10, 2010.

1. Jackpot

Jackpot Neo-maxi zoom dweebie

Thanks! As nice as it is to be able to say I've done pro TF work, though, there's something to be said for keeping your hobby and your job separate. Granted, it seems like IDW would be better to work for than DW was, but still...

Good guess, but what I was actually hinting at was just the title - "The Price of Life." Sorry to put you through all that work for a pun! But I do like how you think...

When the idea came to me, I did some scribbly sketches until I had the basic layout down. Then I started fresh in Photoshop and basically did the sketch one more time digitally, then painted over that with custom brushes. I use a Modbook, which allows me to draw directly on the screen with a stylus. I used lots of layers to separate the characters, effects, background, etc. I concentrated most of the fine detail in things like heads and hands.

Heh, yeah, that had occurred to me, but I think the Kirk incident has a more interesting premise....

Yeah, if he ever stood a chance before, I don't think he's got a prayer now that she has her own Dr. Manhattan experience.

- Jackpot

2. RadioJane

RadioJane New Member

Oh man, I can't believe I missed that! XD And hey, it was no work, I just got to read a classic comic and pay extra close attention to it :D