Sponsor Update: TFSource - New City Commander - Armor & Trailer Pics Up

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Tim Formas, Apr 29, 2008.

1. Devastattor

Devastattor Well-Known Member

Cool. Now that I've seen more detailed pictures, I'm glad I preordered this. Can't wait to see some more pictures in finalized colors scheme.

2. sixshot2K

sixshot2K Soundwave is #1!

OMG I want that! But I don have the classics Magnus!sad face

3. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

News Credits:
    man, if they somehow made it so that there was a ramp down the back of the trailer so that you could "park" at least one car on top of the trailer, this would probably be perfect.

4. nuopus

nuopus Well-Known Member

The price is justified. It is basic economics. EVERYTHING is cheaper when produced in mass. This is fan made and will be made in limited numbers. Why would someone waste all of their time, money, and effort in developing this thing only to sell 500 units for $30 each, and making only $15,000? ESPECIALLY when it most likely cost him that much or more in time, machining, materials, and other costs to create it? That thing can't be cheap to produce. Fan made things like this made in limited numbers will always be expensive for this reason, unless of course the person doing it is an idiot (where he loses money overall), or he is doing it non-profit and selling just to recoup development costs.

So, you either pay more money for a limited production like this, or stay out thinking about buying and just appreciate it from afar.

5. alien

alien Command

Is pretty cool heavy metal arm Magnus! Big Gun!!!

6. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
    That's... actually... that's really cool looking.

Shoot.

I wonder where I stashed my Classics Magnus...

7. r'Ne

r'Ne Well-Known Member

I like it! But still.. I hope to see the final product soon. After that I will decide to keep my pre-order or not, judging the paint job and the overall look. Got my pre-order at BBTS just to be safe.

8. lazerrodphill

lazerrodphill Well-Known Member

AWESOME!!!!! only ends up being around 80 something bucks you can't beat that. I'm the first one to put off buying stuff and try to wait. Then get pissed when I pay triple on ebay. SO my advice even if you don't want it buy 2 because that piece is going to be great trade bait.

9. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Camaro Club! Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Look this is just my opinion, they will sell out of this regardless if I purchase one or not. You do not have make me feel like an idiot for not paying what the stores are charging. Most likely they are padding the price so that they can also make a little profit off of this as well. I would pay around $50 for this it looks great but I could get so many other things for this price. I don't know what it costs them to produce this and unless you helped them you don't either. If it is costing them over $15,000 to put this together then I am glad I am not in the business of creating fan made add ons. I am not trying to start and arguement it is just opinion on the figure.

10. defstar

defstar Autobot...

The more I look at this the more I'm glad I preordered...now after seeing these updated pictures the kit is well worth the money...just hope that the kit pieces attach to Magnus in a snug manner...

11. moonbase660

moonbase660 Technobot

i love transformers, and i think this armor is really awesome. but 76 dollars? thats ridiculous. thats pretty much taking advantage of the fans in my opinion. that thing couldn't have cost that much to make i don't care how small the production is.

12. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Veteran

News Credits:
    1. Weapon storage on shoulders: WIN.
    2. RBFG: WIN.
    3. Pivoting feet: WIN.
    4. Transforms into trailer with smokestacks attached still: WIN.
    5. Making an otherwise boring repaint a million times better: WIN.
    6. Not a brick like the G1 version: WIN.

13. trilobitepictures

trilobitepictures Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if you can still use his original weapons in the hands, or do they have to live on the back of his shoulders like that?

14. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

News Credits:
    there's no way I'm missing this one--I preordered one from each of the three main sources, just to make sure if anything goes wrong, or one was shorted a shipment, I'm still going to have one.

I haven't been this excited about a custom item since the Hearts of Steel prime, which hopefully will be made later this year...

15. Spectre28

Spectre28 Decepticon Infiltrator

News Credits:
    Disappointing

I pre-ordered this when BBTS first had it up, and I'll admit that I was extremely excited. Now that I have seen the additional pics, I strongly feel disappointed with this product. I'm not a fan of the ginormous gun that is part of the armor/trailer, and the trailer as a whole just doesn't hit the mark for me. I'm perfectly happy with my original G1 Magnus. Needless to say, I can see my UM armor being traded/sold off for something I would much rather have in my collection.

I do not blame fans for not wanting to shell out $76.00 for this item and expressing their opinions, and I do not think anyone else should verbally bash those people for stating their opinions. They have a right to vent because Hasbro could have, and SHOULD HAVE, made Classics Ultra Magnus like this from the beginning.

16. Might Gaine

Might Gaine The Devil Express

News Credits:
    I was waiting for TF Source to get their preorder up. Ordered. I <3 TF Source :) 

17. Lone_Decepticon

Lone_Decepticon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I concur. :rock 

18. nuopus

nuopus Well-Known Member

Do you want a hug? Someone wants a hug!! A big huge Optimus hug!!! Come on you know you do!!!! ;-)

19. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Veteran

News Credits:
    Knock it off with the snide comments please.

20. nuopus

nuopus Well-Known Member

I wasn't trying to verbally bash you or make you feel like an idiot. But if it came across like that I apologize. I was just explaining why it costs that much in the first place because some people seem to think that people making fan made things like this are ripping people off like they are making $70 in profit or something. When in reality, they are actually making $30 (after materials, processing, and development time) a unit.