Spoilers recap from setvisits

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Red Goblin, Dec 5, 2016.

1. Powerglide1991

Powerglide1991 Autobot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    After Peter calls it quits, I'd assume they would get Gary Chalk back (optimus Primal and the Unicron trilogy)

Failing that I'm sure there are plenty of talented voice actors who can give Prime a new voice, none will beat Peter, but like Gary, I'm sure they will get it close.

• Like Like x 1
  2. HawaiianBro808

HawaiianBro808 Banned

News Credits:
    I rippped the music and synced it with the last knight trailer and i took out the voices :) 

• Like Like x 1
  3. ubertenorman

ubertenorman Well-Known Member

Some of that actually sounds promising. I can\'t wait to see how they squander all of the potential. 

Also so Guardians of the Galaxy and Force Awakens does well so they invent a rolling character who can only say a few (or one) words. 

4. EnergonWaffles

EnergonWaffles Autobot's Head Chef Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    I believe that's been going on for years in Hollywood. If you want to use the military's equipment, they demand a say in how they're portrayed. *shrug*

• Like Like x 2
  5. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Here's a quote from Red Goblin's thread that sums up who Cogman is: According to Bay, Cogman is "a psychopath”. Bay explained, “He’s a proper-like butler, he’s a headmaster, so it goes back to the comics. They kind of rip off heads and they become that. So he’s this proper, great looking sociopath. He’s a psycho, but he’s very polite. And he’s like this big [uses his hands to show us the height], and it’s cool just as a test. You see him riding in a car, and behind you, over here and you can just — it’s so much fun."

• Like Like x 2
  6. ubertenorman

Sorry delayed double post

Last edited: Dec 6, 2016
  7. ubertenorman

That's probably the worst explanation of headmasters I've ever heard

• Like Like x 1
  8. RazorX3000

RazorX3000 Cybertronian Monkey

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Uh no? That only happened with AOE

9. RazorclawX

RazorclawX Campaign Oracle

This. Military advisors are attached to shows to make sure people watching don't get the wrong impression on their armed forces. This doesn't mean that the military rewrites are inherently a bad thing.

One of my favorite anecdotes relates to Stargate SG-1 where the writers wanted to get a military cadet into trouble by having her go AWOL, but the advisor came back and said you can't do that because that character would get kicked out of the service for sure (which was not the writers' intention). So they altered it to the cadet defending another cadet in a cafeteria fight or something relatively more benign (which would still warrant a reprimand and still suggest the cadet might not be fitting in).

Now, if you want to write the military how you see fit the military has the right to not endorse your work and be as obstructionist as possible toward your film. Michael Bay's positive working relationship with the US military is often why he gets away with showing so much of the more modern military tech in his films.

• Like Like x 2
  10. EnergonWaffles

EnergonWaffles Autobot's Head Chef Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Oh yeah I don't think it's always a bad thing. Would you lend millions upon millions of dollars of equipment to a director that plans to stomp all over your public image in a potential blockbuster? I probably wouldn't either.

Just letting him/her know it's normal for many movies using military equipment.

11. Decepticons

Decepticons B∆K. Bug-a-Boo Ghost.

News Credits:
    Relatable.

12. ubertenorman

That's a huge improvement, though I would've left OP's "Forgive me" in.

13. Uncrazimatic55

Uncrazimatic55 Well-Known Member

I agree with you that Optimus is Transformers. I think Optimus and Prime team up. When Megatron lands he's landing in front of Lennox. I am thinking Lennox convinces Megatron he needs to help them try and stop Optimus and reprogram him back. At the 1:50 mark, Optimus has his blue eyes so it looks like ultimately he goes back to being heroic Optimus. Being that they have to defeat what appears to be Unicron, it makes sense.

14. ubertenorman

It's 1000% a coincidence, but the original Flaming Lips version of "Do You Realize" is on the unofficial soundtrack for More Than Meets The Eye (issue 8).

It's used super well in the last half of this wonderful fan trailer for season one (also a way better trailer than TLK's.):

15. SunSwipe5

SunSwipe5 Twin Hellion Masters Of Jet Judo

Could Bay be anymore confusing? :lol 

16. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

Which may be fine for Bay as he sucks their gun barrels, while giving no shits about TF. As for a huge TF fan who cares a lot about the quality of writing (and frankly doesn't care much for any military, much less the US military) this sounds awful. I'd rather the modern military just not be in the movie. If they want humans, give them Sci-Fi outfits, equipment and vehicles, and let the writers write what they want.

17. BumblebeeNotOP

BumblebeeNotOP Autobot Second-In-Command

News Credits:
    Looking for a Camaro to get rid of godawful VW Bug
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I could imagine Anthony Hopkins' character doing a Thor-esque opening... similar to how the trailer went

18. Hransrormers

Hransrormers New Member

Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Forgive me......

19. Retroheavy

Retroheavy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Most female transformers were killed during the cybertron wars by megatron in an attempt at mass genocide.

20. Galvatross

Galvatross Dom Dom, Yes Yes Veteran

Transformers 5 set visit - Transformers Wiki

I am not certain if anyone posted this, but there was one point I found to be quite spoilerish that I had not seen elsewhere. I mean major spoilers!

TfWiki:"The story opens with the Transformers still not very welcome on Earth (imagine that). Cemetery Wind is no more, replaced by a new government-backed paramilitary group. Decepticons captured alive have been put into a maximum-security prison, while the bodies of the slain Transformers over the many battles from the previous adventuress have wound up in a massive junkyard... though not all of those robots were completely dead."

That could explain Barricade popping up again.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2016
    • Like Like x 2