Spoilers - Machinima’s Transformers: Combiner Wars Episode #1 Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by SilverOptimus, Aug 2, 2016.

1. AnonymousDwell

AnonymousDwell Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It was... just okay. But I'm still happy it exists.

For me:

+It exists
    +It's an animated "series" (though given the duration I use the term loosely) set in a G1 continuity, or loosely based on one at least (the IDW continuity.)
    +Character designs look cool
    +A neat little fan-centric thing for the hell of it, rather than any sort of massive production. Didn't need to be made, doesn't really promote a toy line any more (as others have said, it came and went already,) but it's neat to have.
    -Painfully short
    -Animations could be smoother
    -One character almost singlehandedly taking down a combiner.
    -Menasor's voice.

So you know. At least it's something, but my anticipation for future episodes has diminished radically. Will I still watch them, though? Yes, why not? Lol. I'll take what I can get. It's not like I can really get into Robots in Disguise.

• Like Like x 1
  2. optimus124

optimus124 PSN ID - OPTIMUS124

Ebay:
    Didn't the Beast Wars have a toyline prior to the show's release? For the most part it followed the show along with new items and character offerings?

3. ichnach

ichnach Predacon

News Credits:
    all I can say is WOW, what garbage. I hope the janitors got paid well for their voice acting work. The entire thing was laughable. This looks like a poorly done fan film.

4. Optimusfan79

Optimusfan79 Guardian

Man that's some garbage Computron getting whooped like that and Windblade just slice Menasor up like a pizza! What's the point of them combining if she can just cut them up like that freak outta here! I get so sick of Hasbro half doing or missing the mark totally, everything doesn't have to be G1 but man put the elements in the show that made it a fade, cultur, and down right out cold to watch!

5. Astrotrain52

Astrotrain52 Banned

News Credits:
    I like the designs of the characters. But the characters' movements seem very stiff and most of the voice acting is pretty atrocious. Computron got his ass handed to him, Menasor gets sliced by Windblade in no time.

We waited a year for this?

6. Gayformers

Gayformers writes bad fanfiction

News Credits:
    That was pretty weird, to say the least lol

I can't fucking believe they decided to kill Maxima on the first chapter. What a waste.

Anyway, I'm gonna leave the episode uploading on my yt account for those who can't watch outside of the US.

7. mrcreativename

mrcreativename Well-Known Member

Hahahaha, it wasn't quite as bad as I expected, but the voice acting is truly terrible. I was also disappointed that Menasor didn't tear that "fan built" piece of crap limb from limb.

8. Ramberk Magnus

Ramberk Magnus Well-Known Member

I liked it. It was fun. My expectations were, "will it be fun?" And it is.

We knew these were going to be bite sized eps. Not sure why people are surprised by that.

I like how the fighting got pretty gruesome. You rarely see that. Regarding Windblade owning Menasor, I don't expect the latter fights to be that easy. The crux of the story falls on whether we buy that Windblade is a heartless killer and whether she can redeem herself. Plus the mystery of why more combines are getting made. We'll see how that goes. I'm looking forward to more eps.

9. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I guess we know why Hasbro lost faith in this so quickly.

FTFY

10. DrOblivian

DrOblivian Mad Doctor jAmS

Something i REALLY hope comes up and is not left to the wayside of not being explained. Combiners are just that. COMBINERS. Multiple cybertronians!

Sure, I can see Menasor and Motormaster being dead, but Dragstrip and Breakdown at the very least should be completely fine with minor injuries, Deadend and Wildrider could have survived, but with heavier injuries. Same goes for most of the Technobots even though computron DIDNT die.

11. Scypris

Scypris Fire in another hole!

News Credits:
    Ugh, that was pretty bad. I wasn't too excited for this anyway so no harm done. It sure looks good, but that voice acting..:puke: 

12. The Kup

The Kup Heavy Metal

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    I was expecting more of a battle between Menasor and Computron instead of that dizzy hard to make out battle btween the two for the intro.

13. Esquilax79

Esquilax79 Decepticon Cassette

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Probably wise. I was like, "I can do a better Menasor"

Computron's character was done right but what a wus. And what's the point of being a combiner if it just makes them weaker. The 5 Stuntacons could've taken them out. Transformers Battle Tactics all over again. I was hoping for a cool separation to avoid a punch... instead it was just repeat hitting for 10% of the show. "Be sure to buy Computron kiddies when he comes out! You can reenact his death"

Still going to watch the whole thing (whenever they finish showing it) but it's at best going to be decent so I'm going to try to compare it to things like Transformers Armada. Even with the meh animation and so-so voice acting, they'd be better off just retelling what happened in the comics. I was excited about it being loosely based for something new but now I'm not so sure.

14. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    The toyline preceeded the show by months if anything. It wasn't a full year later.

15. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    it was ok, mostly talk

16. RCtelevision

RCtelevision cosmos

News Credits:
    Region locking. First problem with this. (Thoughts after this is based on others) 5min? Too short to carry out a good story. Unlike others, I like the voice acting and the animation. I hate victorion's trailer and others I am ok with. Ugh, disappointed

17. RavageX9

RavageX9 Tripredacus Agent

Ah the usual complaining on all things Transformers continues....So we don't like the movies, two cartoon shows, Hasbro and Takara toy lines, and now this short web-series right? I just want to make sure I follow the "crowd" and "fandom" and stay with the theme of the Internet community. It's hard keeping up sometimes with what to complain about.

18. swarlock

swarlock Autobot Supporter

Enjoyed it for what it was. That is all.

I was able to see it in The US as choppy as it was streaming.

19. Nis Randers

Nis Randers Ich bin ein Gänseblümchen

News Credits:
    ....and I thought the Steven Universe episodes are short.

20. swarlock

swarlock Autobot Supporter

Yup.