Spoilers: Lorenzo di Bonavetura Explains The Mid-Credit Scene From Transformers: Bumblebee

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, Jan 4, 2019.

1. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yes yes. Hey look: people who are fans of a thing care deeply about it and get worked up about it like literally any other fandom. You're so clever for pointing that out.

• Like Like x 2
  2. dragon

dragon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have been saying it for years but talking you brick wall people never listen aquaman kicked ass had never do with marketing of bumblebee went up against marvel movie winter soldier, iron man bee will lose don’t know how many damn times have tell you people talk to new fans crap sake you will learn something new for once bee lost comic book movies are popular.
    New fans who like transformers thanks to bay who never ever watch cartoons never ever read comics those new fans think transformers is kids shit how many people have said are you little old buying transformer toys it’s new fans fricking off putting to transformers how many of you old transformer fans talk new transformer fans I bet billion never,.

Why new transformer fans never ever go to transformer sites such as this all we talk is about is toys, cartoons, comics new fans do not like that shit fucking pick up on signals Brock wall people if new fans actually like transformers back then before bay movies they will be on these sites talk about same dam thing but they do not like them and new fans will never be members of these transformers sites all they think transformer is little kids stuff cartoons, comics, they do not talk about ever talk to new dam fans learn something new in your life about transformer new fans you be fricking surprised what you learn.

Spider-Man had many reboots all his movies became successful with each reboot its live action and Spider-Man marvel and dc movies don’t have there characters look like live action cartoons as bumblebee did with g1 cartoon series

They speak English but there aliens that have human faces that never had contact with humans on cybertron ever until earth

• Like Like x 1
  3. Jerrimus

Jerrimus BOSS

Ebay:
    This guy needs to let someone else take over. What a fucking moron.

• Like Like x 7
  4. electronic456

electronic456 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    And that settles it.

Though, they'd be out of their minds if they brought Bay back. Just build some characters and you'll see form of success later on. (e.g. MCU)

• Like Like x 2
  5. electronic456

electronic456 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    But Bumblebee takes place 20 years before the 2007 film.

Hint: This is not me defending Bumblebee's stance as a prequel.

6. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

Star Wars prequels gradually shift to the original trilogy style as they go. By the last movie in the Prequel trilogy you start seeing ships that are forerunners to the OT ships.

7. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's Scriptor

News Credits:
    So ten years ago it was fine for Bumblebee to be the only Autobot sent to Earth but now it's an issue of "what happened to poor Bumblebee?" That's how you explain Optimus suddenly appearing on Earth without S7 knowing? And in the same interview he insists that this isn't a full reboot only because he didn't want one thing to happen that he was fine with ten years ago? Moronic.

This franchise is being handled by people without any sense of conviction and as much as I enjoyed the film the behind the scenes insight has been frustrating to analyse. If you want to reboot then reboot. If you want it to be in the same universe then say so and stop being pathetic. Grow a pair and speak honestly instead of the 99% 1% nonsense. If TLK was that bad that you had to make this movie and force in scenes with a new aesthetic and backstory then have the guts to call this a reboot if not then give me TF6.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2019
    • Like Like x 6
  8. MrYeet

MrYeet Kek

Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Can someone just fire him already. He obviously doesn’t care about Transformers.

• Like Like x 15
  9. DOTM Bumblebee

DOTM Bumblebee Funny Little Man

:banghead: 
    Yes, it does! You showed Optimus Prime arriving on Earth in 2007, IN THE FIRST MOVIE. You can't have him arrive in 1987 and say it's not a reboot! How has this guy managed to keep his job this long?! In fact, wasn't there a recent news post explaining that a lot of the reshoots for Bumblebee were made specifically to make it a reboot??? I swear, every quote from this guy convinces me he needs to be sent back to film school!

• Like Like x 9
  10. Sablebot

Sablebot #thinkitaintillegalyet

I almost have to go to I.Q. rehab to get my brain back whenever Lorenzo speaks. . .HTF is he continually allowed to be the mouthpiece for these films???

• Like Like x 5
  11. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Devils advocate here..but isnt it possible prime came and picked up Bee...and went back to cybertron for 20 years?

I want this to be a complete reboot from the old franchise...but the more I think about ut..its way too close to the bay movies in many ways (story wise)

12. The Mad Demobot

The Mad Demobot Well-Known Member

Let Bayverse fucking die you flaming shithead failure of a worker of the movie industry.

• Like Like x 6
  13. Darth Badguy

Darth Badguy Well-Known Member

Give this bot an upvote. I also learned not to expect fictional universes to have internal consistency from years of superhero comics and the Star Wars expanded universe. I’m looking at you, Republic Commando novels.

edit: not to say you folks can’t or shouldn’t be upset with Lorenzo (not gonna try and spell his last name) for ignoring stuff that doesn’t make sense. We saw Cybertron collapse into itself in the third movie, then here’s the fifth movie & it’s totally fine. You can pay attention to that, I’m just saying you’ll be less annoyed if you don’t put any more thought into it than the people who made these movies for the broadest possible audience.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Sablebot

Sablebot #thinkitaintillegalyet

Ok. . .YOU do you. My and many other moviegoers' hard-earned $ ain't gonna let that slide. . .

15. Ae38

Ae38 Well-Known Member

WHO's WITH ME?

• Like Like x 2
  16. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
    :banghead:  Lorenzo, it's a reboot. Just accept it and move on.

• Like Like x 9
  17. Jazz of Staniz

Jazz of Staniz Dean of Cybertron

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    This was one of the things that really annoyed me about BB. At least Michael Bay explained why they can speak English. In Bumblebee, at least one of the robots could have explained they have the ability to speak any language when they reach a planet or something. It’s not that hard, and they had plenty of opportunities.

Same thing with the names. Blitzwing, Shatter, and Dropkick’s names were not spoken once, and that really bothered me. And there were so many opportunities in which one called the other “comrade” that they could have just put it “Dropkick” or “Shatter” instead. Blitzwing was understandable considering how little of a role he played, but Shatter and Dropkick were essential.

I love the movie to death but hell it’s not that hard.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Sideways77

Sideways77 #1 flareup simp

News Credits:
    Because being complete toxic assholes to other people equals cares deeply lmao

It's a straight up unhealthy obsession at this point

• Like Like x 2
  19. DOTM Bumblebee

DOTM Bumblebee Funny Little Man

It doesn't seem logical that they'd go back to Cybertron after they made so much effort to leave. Plus, Bumblebee arriving on Earth in 1987 absolutely contradicts The Last Knight, and Sector Seven not displaying any knowledge about Transformers contradicts Movie 1. This kind of goes beyond the "blink and you'll miss Ironhide and Starscream being depicted on Earth years before 2007" cameos from The Last Knight. Even the whole "Optimus is a Knight and the last Prime" thing can be interpreted as Optimus having two big titles. Elements such as those go out of their way to be irreconcilable with the events of the Michael Bay Transformers films. From what I can see, di Bonavetura dragging his feet over admitting this is a reboot is doing nothing but erasing what confidence people have in him, and worries me that he's going to try to retcon Bumblebee into the Bayverse, and destroy what little sense of continuity the existing films already have.

• Like Like x 4
  20. OptimusPrimeMC

OptimusPrimeMC Member

Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    IN 2007  optimus came down to earth in a protoform look. but in bumblebee 2018 he is on earth way before the events of the first movie. Secondly. in the last knight.  sir edmund burton said that bumblebee fought in world war II.  Thats way way before  the events of bumblebee .   so I belive that ( bumblebee 2018) is a Reboot.