Spoilers: Lorenzo di Bonavetura Explains The Mid-Credit Scene From Transformers: Bumblebee

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, Jan 4, 2019.

1. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    This poster makes no sense if Bumblebee isn't in WWII in TLK, given that's clearly Bumblebee's head on the WWII model. And it makes no sense to stick Bumblebee's head on a compeltely different robot to make a guy look like Bumblebee...except he isn't for whatever reason.

[​IMG]

This toy exists.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

And it clearly is attributing a WORLD WAR II Bumblebee FROM TLK.

All evidence points to Bumblebee having been in WWII according to TLK canon...which is impossible with the BB film because B127 arrives in 1987.

• Like Like x 6
  2. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    Wow. That's gotta be the lowest point I've heard in a desperate attempt to connect the movies.
    We can also say the human cast we're holograms that Soundwave put together.

Michael Bay didn't direct the movies. It was Lorenzo di Bonaventura.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  3. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave Bounty Hunter

News Credits:
    If they want to really have fun with it, they should do a sequel to TLK where Bumblebee gets transported back in time and fights in WW2. So it's technically future Bee who fought in WW2, not past Bee. That would also explain why Bumblebee doesn't remember Burton...it hasn't happened to him yet!

• Like Like x 3
  4. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Well seeing as how the Bumblebee movie's number 1 in China right now looks like all of those plans may become a realty after all.

5. Godzilla Ranger

Godzilla Ranger AgentGodzillaRangerPrime

Lmfao, that would be brilliant

• Like Like x 2
  6. Galvatross

Galvatross Dom Dom, Yes Yes Veteran

You know, I'm not one for time travel in most instances, but that WOULD explain some things, including why Hot Rod is in an old picture with Lambo kibble. Go for it!

• Like Like x 2
  7. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    If they want to have fun with it, they should tell Lorenzo to shut the fuck up and admit BB is a reboot, thus allowing for litterally any and all characters (except for one) to be used again.

But no. Forget trying to explore that kind of stuff, we need time travel to try and artificially link bullshit plot points just to try and save a failed continuity because a bunch of people on the internet don't understand how to let things die. That sounds totally rational and justified.

• Like Like x 5
  8. bman

bman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Except they missed out the part autobots cannot leave earth the same way they came... Autobots cannot fly.

• Like Like x 1
  9. kaotika

kaotika Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    apparently denial isnt just a river in africa...

10. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    I got another one for you:

2007 movie: The Transformers have armor-plating that can take hits from 30 mm rounds from Avenger gatling guns and maverick missiles, and is only vulnerable to the high heat of sabot rounds.
    Subsequent movies: Supposedly, the US military upgrades its weapons following NEST's extensive cooperation with the Autobots.
    Bumblebee movie: Human weapons available in 1987 can easily hurt, possibly even kill, a Transformer.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    I mean the film itself, right?

Marky Mark: That looks just like Bee.
    Hopkins: It is. He was attached to the Devil’s Brigade. A pretty vicious military unit. Helped turn the tide of war, you know.
    *cue bizarre flashback*
    Marky Mark: Bee?
    Hopkins: Yeah.
    Marky Mark: But he’s so nice.
    Hopkins: Behind the lines of the war they called him many things. Nice was never one of them.

There’s also the previous scene where Hopkins recognises Bee. I know calling TLK a mess is a painful understatement, but it left absolutely nothing in regards to who that WW2 ‘bot was up to interpretation.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Rumblestorm

Rumblestorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    We don't see that in BB.
    The only time human tech hurt any Transformers was when they shot harpoons (giant projectiles) at them, which even then Bumblebee managed to overcome. Otherwise, the bullets just bounced off.

13. Rumblestorm

Rumblestorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    1) These aren't "small" contradictions. These are giant and direct contradictions made on purpose, and it should be very telling that they were purposely done because they were deliberately added on after the original cut which tied directly into the other films.
    2) Yes, they dont eat and breathe transformers, but that is absolutely no excuse, especially for a multi-million dollar project. Seriously, Marvel doesnt even have this problem which is why their quality is so consistent.

The lengths people will go to in order to defend Bumblebee as a prequel astounds me.
    Seriously, its so ridiculous that I find myself agreeing with Autobot Burnout! And I never agree with him! Wtf!

Last edited: Jan 7, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
  14. Retroheavy

Retroheavy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    I'm at a point where I don't care what the studio says. Transformers 1-3 were OK and make a fun Transformers Trilogy, AoE/TLK never happened and Bumblebee is a reboot. Just like how WFC/FOC are G1 and not aligned, Transformers Prime/Beast Hunters was great and 2015 RID never happened. Regardless of what executives say I'm always gonna have to juggle some Transformers lore around to fit the way it makes the most sense to me... As well as pretend some stuff never happened.

15. Rated X

Rated X Banned

While I agree the whole WWII Bumblebee thing was a contradiction that was totally avoidable, its very fixable. Theyre already talking about a sequel to Bumblebee which would most likely would cover where he was and what he did during that 45 year gap in some scenes. Just look at the star wars continuity theyre going back and filling in gaps. Some people hate that its not a reboot, but get over it. Its a prequel. A poorly thought out prequel, but still a prequel. Theyre might have been some people on the production team who wanted it to be a reboot and planted the seeds for it to be one, but they didnt get their wish. Travis Knight had the final say. He is not the anti-Bay hero the haters wanted him to be. Travis Knight is Michael Bay's hand picked successor. He only had so much leeway with the project he was given. For all we know, Michael Bay might have stepped in the moment he found out that they were toying with the reboot idea. At the end of the day, what it could have been doesnt matter. Its a prequel.

16. VortexPrime

VortexPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't know where you get this from, Knight owns a whole animation studio, he's not one to be thrown around against his will and the fact that he almost single handedly saved the Transformers movies' reputation shows it.

• Like Like x 2
  17. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    No, it isn’t. And nothing you say will change that, sorry.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    Good luck explaining why he's mute in the TLK bit when Bb establishes he lost his voice in 1987. F4 Phantoms didnt exist in the 1940s.

Are you talking about Star Wars or Transformers regarding that prequel talk? Because the only gap that was filled was how the resistance got the Death Star plans and it ends right where ANH begins. Solo was wholly unnecessary and didnt change how Han got the Falcon beyond it being a mere mistake on Lando's part (he offered Han any ship on his starship lot...He just forgot he'd left the Falcon parked there) instead of it being outright offered as a prize.

You clearly didnt read the letter by Travis establishing how much of a G1 fanboy he was.

Bay doesn't care about Transformers anymore - Paramount had to bribe him with millions of dollars and leeway to make his passion projects in order for him to direct the last 2 films.

• Like Like x 3
  19. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave Bounty Hunter

News Credits:
    We don't know that he was mute during WW2, maybe he just didn't say anything during that particular clip...

20. Rated X

Rated X Banned

Its Bays franchise. He didnt just steal it from Bay. It was given to him by Bay. Im confident there was plenty of mutual respect between the two of them. Bay's reative direction was respected, just given a twist. And in my opinion Michael Bay really jumpstarted young Travis career. He gave him a hit.

Dude its a prequel. Its all bayverse with a G1 scene to appease the whiners. It could have been a reboot, and the social media world insisted it would be a reboot, and they were wrong. It is what it is, not what you wanted it to be just because you hate Bayverse.

On bumblebees voice: its called producers not doing their homework before beginning production and budget constraints prevent redoing it. Its called "f**k it".

On the F-4 fanthom: who said anything about those decepticons having those alt modes during WWII. They have this little thing called scanning...whether you saw them do it or have to assume it was done. Hell, Bumblebee had 4 different alt modes in that movie alone.

On star wars: a gap filled is a gap filled. Clearly the recipe works and more and more prequels will be coming to your favorite franchises. Its the new Hollywood fad that has booted the reboot.

On Travis Knight being a G1 fanboy: He accepted a project with parameters he had to aknowledge. He got some G1 stuff in there. But he was not handed a blank slate and a license to do whatever he wanted like all the Bayverse haters were praying for.

On Michael Bay tiring of Transformers: Everyone gets burnt out at some point. But lets be real, the franchise will be his legacy love it or hate it. George Lucas legacy will always be star wars, but just like Bay he passed the torch. But im inclined to believe they get consulted for ideas and visions for new installments out of respect for their legacy. Nobody wants to see they're legacy tarnished. So of course they would happily give input and collect a paycheck for doing so.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2019