Spoilers: Lorenzo di Bonavetura Explains The Mid-Credit Scene From Transformers: Bumblebee

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, Jan 4, 2019.

1. tyrantwings

tyrantwings Member

It sounds like Lorenzo watches day-to-day on set filming... but then doesn't watch the final product after editing and all else.

I have no personal problems with the man, but Paramount need to have a clear plan going forward. No more ''eh, well it's this and that, with hints of other things from here and there.''

• Like Like x 2
  2. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Drawings from Argentina! :D

News Credits:
    I dont get it. Why they keep trying this movie to be a prequel when its NOT one? XD Seriously, that scene just contradicts the very first film. No matter what explanations this guys gives, it still makes no sense. ^^'

3. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Desperation. They want to try and keep the 'momentum' of the movies going because they think rebooting will kill it. That's why Bumblebee only got pushed back six months instead of a year to try for a 2019 summer release.

What Lorenzo at least fails to understand is that all the momentum they're trying to preserve? TLK absolutely halted.

• Like Like x 6
  4. jaws

jaws Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    A scene we didn’t need! If this was a prequel, it changed TF history. If it is a re-boot them BB shouldn’t have scanned the Camaro we saw in TF1. Here’s a curve ball: what if the robots blasting through  the atmosphere was the Decepticon invasion??!

5. daniel 97

daniel 97 Autobots' second in command

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Hmmm... How do I react to this? :rolleyes:  Let's see. I can quote two lines from RoTF and TLK!
    "Logic has left the building!" and "This fool is terribly missinformed!" Nah, that probably doesn't fully summerize the way I feel about this.

Let's try with this.

[​IMG]

Or maybe this?

[​IMG]

?

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH THERE IT IS!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  6. daniel 97

daniel 97 Autobots' second in command

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  7. Brave Magnus

News Credits:
    I got a couple...ok, not friends anymore but...people I know who are also NOT happy with Bee being a reboot and now they are trying to make something for the Bay films to continue and not wanting a reboot. I mean...we got reboots every couple years in the franchise, either comics, series and games. I dont understand why the films have to be any different.
    Its not like the Bay films wont exist anymore, heck, I have them on dvd and I still like the first one very much. But I am completely ok if the next one starts from zero.

8. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Because the movies are the only incarnation of Transformers some people are aware of...or even care about. They think they won't like the next incarnation, so to them, why even bother? They're happier with what they have, even if it provably doesn't work (the sheer denial that TLK was such a disaster continues to this day), as opposed to trying something new that could actually work.

9. VortexPrime

VortexPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Making them the dumbest life forms in the universe...

10. Brave Magnus

News Credits:
    Ooh! You just reminded me of a certain user here who thinks the Bay films are the only canon for Transformers. xD

11. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I've given this more thought... Our words really are too harsh for the man. It's his thoughts we should be focusing on, but it becomes difficult to address them and not him when he makes outlandish and literally stupid comments that make zero sense with the facts and figures around him.

That said, I'm going to try and redirect my words and anger and disillusion with his efforts towards his words, rather than the man, himself. For all we know, he could be a really sweet man who loves his family and does right by them. He could also be the devil incarnate and we're all caught in his monstrous hands like a trap. Who knows? Me, I'll err on the side of caution.

Guess it's time we should all look at the situation from that angle with our fellow board members as well. People are going to disagree with you, that doesn't make them stupid.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

In all seriousness, producers does not necessarily follow the lore of the franchises they work with. They might be given only loose explanations what's this about and that's it.

Paramount will not be very eager to declare a reboot or a prequel given their situation with both ways having their fanbase... And the movie studio not being in a position to take risks.

13. Rated X

Rated X Banned

I just find the comments funny as s**t here. The "movie buff" portion of the fandom hates that Bumblebee is a prequel. They really wanted it to be a reboot so badly to justify their hate for the Michael Bay franchise. They saw the possibility of an offical "reboot" as the pervbial nail in the coffin for Michael Bay. They didnt get that satisfaction. So let the witch hunt begin...Oh but this is contradictory to that...oh but this broke canon...oh but this makes no sense....cmon guys...you got a nice 5 minute ancient Cybertron scene to pander to your G1 passion. Can you just let the Bayverse fans enjoy their franchise ? You guys wanted Bay to write TLK out of the fiction because the creative direction didnt pander to your tastes. Thats like telling J.K. Rowling you hated the last Harry Potter book and she should re-write it to satisfy you. Its her story she calls the shots, not you ! And the same goes for Michael Bay"s franchise. You dont think he hand picked Travis Knight ? They probably toasted the release of Bumblebee movie together. Travis Knight is not the savior you thought he was. Time to move on and pop in your G1 DVDs and let it go already. Please end the war on Bayverse already. Its getting to be as corny as you all claim the actual films are. I get it, theyre not for you. But lots of people like them. Thats why they keep coming. As long as these producers break even they are going to continue doing what they love regardless of what online haters say. Stop being like star wars fans. Please, move on. Let the Bayverse exist. And just for the record, im a huge G1 fan in my 40s but I love the Bayverse just as much. All this hate makes me wanna puke.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    From the outset I don't think Paramount thought this movie would do as good. They might be surprised at the reception.

Bonaventura is the same guy who said Prime would be hard to make a solo movie around because he doesn't talk much or something...when Bee can't talk for most of the movies and Paramount is also making a movie based on freaking Snake Eyes from GI Joe so yea.....(and yea prequel whatever we know the dude eventually goes mute somehow)

I'm all for Allspark Productions, thank goodness they swooped in with creative control. Yea surprising right? They're lighting our darkest hour.

15. VortexPrime

VortexPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I love the Bayverse and I have all 5 movies in blue ray as I will for Bumblebee; but first of all I am a TRANSFORMERS fan and I want the best for this frachise, in this case the Bayverse had its run and and this is the perfect way to start a fresh new story before everything gets burned down and spitted on by the general audience.

A movie franchise cannot be sustained only by the fans, it has to have somewhat of a general appeal that in the Bayverse case is obviously decreasing since TLK.

• Like Like x 4
  16. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    • Paragraphs are your friend.
    • People aren't (mostly) wanting it to be a reboot because they hate Bay. They liked the film and want to see it evolve into a series. (Poorly) tying it to a series that is dead in the water isn't the best choice.
    • The film contradicts the Bayverse in a ton of ways. It's pretty clearly meant to wipe the slate clean.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    Yea Bayverse had a 10 year run which honestly, did anyone after 2007 think it was really gonna go that long? I didn't.

Bay gave us his modernized take on TF's and it lasted a decade, that's pretty long for a movie based on an 80's toyline. 10 years is long, let Allspark Productions have their turn. Reception to TLK showed that it's time for a change.

I'm ready for that change. Di Boneventura thinks Grimlock is like a dog. Bet Allspark Productions doesn't think so.

• Like Like x 7
  18. G1 Cassette Hunter

G1 Cassette Hunter Hunting the Elusive G1 Cardbacks

News Credits:
    So, I was not present for the words of many that have come before on the subject of movies. I also do not like any lines post G1...just what I had as toys as a child & anyone appreciates what they have held & interacted with. But, just because I do not like them, doesn't mean others do, as THAT is their experience with Transformers.

Why, oh why, can't they just work on each line or universe on their own & let them sink or float for what they have been made to be? There is no way a fanbase as diverse as ours is, will appreciate everything ever made or put out for sale. They actually could capture two complete segements of the market if they went down two ambitious roads, there will always be those who champon the Bayverse & there will always be those who rally against it. Be a good capitalist Hasbro & take all their money?

• Like Like x 1
  19. Rated X

Rated X Banned

They can always do a new continuity. I think the term "reboot" is just not what this film ever was. Arguably Beast Wars could be considered a "reboot" of G1. The Unicron Trilogy could also be considered a reboit of the Transformers franchise. Ill go even further to say that TF Prime was a cartoon "reboot" of the Bayverse concept of the franchise. I can understand the fans of live action movies might want a reboot. But they have to be more patient. How long did TMNT take to get a live action reboot ? 20 years maybe ? The star wars live action film continuity has been going strong (in segments) since 1977 and is showing no sign of a reboot anytime soon. Reboots take an entire generation. Theyre not going to make a reboot to appease haters. Theyre going to make one for the next generation thats still wearing diapers currently.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2019
  20. emoo

emoo Well-Known Member

Its not my train of thought, knight himself said it. As far as the s7 transformer encounters go it could be before that point they had not encountered active transformers before, it could be only the higher up s7 know of transformers while megatron is in a secure section with high level access needed to enter at this point in time, while the rest heard rumors but maybe don't really believe it,...etc