(Spoilers) How Bullshit is "Transformium"?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Gerbera Tetra, Jun 27, 2014.

1. Gerbera Tetra

Gerbera Tetra AGX-04

Among plenty of good and bad in the movie, one thing that really bothered me personally was the "Transformium" the humans used to create their own Transformers. It's the ultimate bullshit cheat method. The Transformers being able to scan a vehicle and recreate themselves is one thing, but the prototypes made by humans being able to simply alter their shape and create anything pretty well necessary seems a bit ridiculous. Aside from that, why do they bother decorating the KSI Transformers with car bits in robot mode if they have this ability? Car kibble in robot mode is 405% unnecessary if the Transformium can take any programmed shape.

Just had to vent, let the bashing commence.

• Like Like x 1
  2. wrecker11

wrecker11 Wrecker

I don't like how the man made robots transform, but it is what it is. I got a few kicks out of the MLP part though.

3. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    10/10 bullshit as fuck. I understand the budget savings it allowed but it looked awful.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Gerbera Tetra

Gerbera Tetra AGX-04

That was another issue for me, just the way they transformed. I know that it was a programmed thing, but they didn't even emulate how actual Transformers worked, only looked.

• Like Like x 1
  5. mroiman

mroiman Member

LOL When I saw the movie I sat through that part twice and both times was looking down when it was a pony. When I'd look up it was a gun. (our projector broke 2 hours into the movie so when it went back on the movie had rewinded back an hour so we had to sit through the second hour of the film twice before picking up where we left off with the magnet ship)

6. Fanatic97

Fanatic97 Fanatic97

Actually I think that's what they were going for.

7. uruseiranma

uruseiranma Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think it's to show that humans can 'simulate' the transformation process with their man-made machines, but it's like when someone copies something really cool: you can't make it the same.

I was still trying to make sense out of them freaking out about the Galvatron prototype #12 not forming. It looked like the Transformium was crawling up bits of the body, but was failing to fully 'form' the creation.

As well, how did they suddenly go from, 'it's not ready,' to suddenly in 10-20 minutes, having Galvatron all ready to roll out in semi-mode?

Though this thread did remind me of a comment I made to a friend earlier this morning: "How soon before we see threads like, "Transformium vs Unobtanium?"

8. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Didn't G1 make up a bunch of bullshit element stuff as well?

9. Scorpio

Scorpio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This completely ^

10. CaptainX1

CaptainX1 Well-Known Member

yup, budget savings caused this movie to cost more than any of the others in the past. real smart talkin there. now to get serious and stop being so damn edgy, "transformium" is merely cybermatter with a name slapped on it. anyone who knows anything pop culture knows that whole company was a big play on apple. it was all there, the steve jobs, the steve wozniak being treated like a servant,, the underlings being treated like shit, and as far as the actual transformations went, it was something new. maybe to push kreo, i dunno. first and foremost these movies and shows and what not are made with the sole purpose of selling toys. hasbro may have lost their way, but michael bay finally cares about what he's doing. i'm so tired of hearing "LOL BUDGET SAVING" because new post apocalyptic transformers can change on a molecular level. 4chan was right, you transfans are IMPOSSIBLE to please

11. Cosbydaf

Cosbydaf Well-Known Member

I'm left wondering why the actual Transformers aren't capable of doing this, if they're made from the same material.

12. Gerbera Tetra

Gerbera Tetra AGX-04

Indeed we are, just how we roll.

I do see a bit of a nod to Apple with KSI, neat way to look at it anyway.

I do realize that this is pretty well a giant Hasbro commercial (good job pulling that card, very original) but when something bothers you it bothers you.

You see I wondered this as well. What would keep them from it necessarily? If it's the same material, just programmed by humans, then why not? Seeing as the Transformers technology is more advanced to begin with, it almost seems as if they humans looked more advanced than them with it.

13. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Hasbro wanted to sell Kre-O. ;) 

That is the basic play pattern of Kre-O; You build the vehicle with the bricks and you use the same bricks to build the robot.

14. Gerbera Tetra

Gerbera Tetra AGX-04

Gaah! Kre-O... Yeah, I suppose that's a good point. I do personally hope to see a Stinger toy that isn't Kre-O if possible, I dug the Pagani a lot...

15. uruseiranma

uruseiranma Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Watching Tucci's character manipulate the Transformium did make me wonder:

What if in the next one they start Human/Transformium fusion?...Circuit Breaker?...Anyone?

16. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well Circuit Breaker is copyrighted by Marvel, I think, so that is unlikely.

17. Burnout00012

Burnout00012 SKREEEEEEEOONK

Am I really the only one who really enjoyed the way the human made transformers transformed? :inquisiti 

18. rodriguez256

rodriguez256 Well-Known Member

No, I very much enjoyed it as well.

19. iceburn9

iceburn9 Constructicon

News Credits:
    I kind of liked it too. It was a nice difference, and does make a clear distinction between real Cybertronians and the human built bots.

20. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    No more bullshit than a giant-ass cube that can shrink down to 18" wide. And be carried by a teenager.