SPOILERS Bumblebee Movie Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Markatron, Dec 7, 2018.

1. DarkRed401

DarkRed401 Well-Known Member

ik, my main issue is the middle of the movie, there is a lot of filler like most of charlies interaction that aren't with bumblebee, the story to me feels like it could be a bit over an hour but they wanted to have it closer to 2

• Like Like x 2
  2. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    That's my main complaint with the movie.

• Like Like x 1
  3. DarkRed401

i've been thinking about it and i think the reason i don't like the camaro bot at the end of the movie is because his other forms have the front of the vehicle split into his pecks while his camaro form has some type of... monopeck

4. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave Bounty Hunter

News Credits:
    Considering that scene starts with his arm torn off, it's fair to assume he tried and failed.

Having watched it again recently, I do feel like it could have been shortened a bit. After Bumblebee goes into stasis, there's a big chunk of the movie without Transformers. I feel bad saying that because it's all good stuff, but I found myself getting a little antsy for robots to pop up. It's fine to have a little downtime, but it's also hard for the slow stuff to compete with the excellent fast-paced opening scene and the Blitzwing fight. There's sort of a tone shift, almost like you stepped into a different movie. It goes from being Bumblebee's movie, to Charlie's movie, to a team up movie between the two. Once Bumblebee re-enters the movie it's fine, but the Charlie-only stuff feels a bit long.

Interestingly enough, there was a lot of stuff with Charlie that got cut. There was more to the carnival scene, more of her brother, that sort of stuff. While enjoyable, I think it's good that it didn't make it into the final cut. It would have added to this effect even more.

Don't get me wrong, this is pretty much nitpicking in the grand scheme of things. It's still an excellent movie, and still the best-paced Transformers movie in-terms of robot/human screentime. This effect was sort of inevitable for the type of movie they were making. Still, it's a minor complaint I noticed on my third viewing.

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  5. hthrun

Ebay:
    That's been a problem in every TF movie IMO. I think it's just part of working with CGI characters within motion capture.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    I guess yeah that’s true. Maybe it’s cause the Camaro form is already thick so he doesn’t need to contract it into him.

7. Wheeljack84

Wheeljack84 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Then change it in post.

8. DOTM Bumblebee

DOTM Bumblebee Funny Little Man

Uh, that was actually my reasoning as to why they couldn't change it in post.

9. DarkRed401

watching bee again, the family drama feels like it takes more time and becomes more boring with each watch. shatter's face looks really messy compared to the other main tfs. also something that annoys me is how most hollywood movies have orchestral scores, it would be very refreshing if they tried something different like rock or maybe even something like 80's synth, the only really fitting pieces in this are shutdown(blitzwing fight) and whatever piece that plays when they're getting revenge on the bully(this one isnt really good but the corniness fits the moment).

for things i like more after rewatching , i really enjoy just how animated bumblebee's expressions are. the next 2 i've liked since first viewing but have grown to appreciate even more are just how colorful this film is compared to other action films like endgame or detetective pikachu( both aren't entirely dull but have quite a few scenes where the main color is just overwhelmingly grey) and the second is how bassy the punches are, they give them a really nice oomph

• Like Like x 2
  10. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave Bounty Hunter

News Credits:
    I agree with you about too many movies having generic orchestral scores, but I thought Bumblebee had some nice variation. Charlie's theme is great, it sounds like the opening to a rock song (I actually thought it was when I first saw the movie). I love the electric guitars that kick in whenever Shatter and Dropkick appear. I think there was also some nice piano music in there. For those tracks, I prefer Bumblebee's soundtrack to the other Transformers movie (aside from the '86 movie, which still has the best, in my opinion). Although having rewatched some scenes from TLK the other day, I do have to admit that Steve Jablonsky probably has prettier compositions. I wish they could take his compositions, and use them with more unique instruments.

• Like Like x 1
  11. DarkRed401

i also like the triumphant motif that plays when bee is fighting others

• Like Like x 1
  12. hthrun

Ebay:
    I'd love to get a set of the movies that edit out the crude jokes from the Bay movies and shorten the family stuff in Bumblebee...

• Like Like x 1
  13. DarkRed401

honestly bumblebee reminds of the spiderman 2.5, essentially the directors cut of spiderman 2 had most scenes go on for just a bit to long

14. hthrun

Ebay:
    I wasn't even aware of that cut...

• Like Like x 1
  15. Rodimal Rodimus

Rodimal Rodimus Agent of Unit:E

If there really is an original cut of this film out there, I'm curious enough to find it

16. Decepticon Miner

Decepticon Miner Banned

News Credits:
    If you’re referring to human scenes being long you do know they deleted MANY scenes that can be watched in the deleted and extended scenes section on the Blu-ray Disc! And all of those scenes were about Charlie!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    The original opening was released as a deleted scene. I believe that's the closest you'll get.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Rodimal Rodimus

Rodimal Rodimus Agent of Unit:E

Ok

19. tyrantwings

tyrantwings Member

You should be able to get them for dirt cheap, at least, if you do decide to eventually purchase.

eBay, second hand etc.

20. hthrun

Ebay:
    I'm the opposite of that post where I got the Bay movies right away on DVD and Blu Ray but have almost major desire to get Bumblebee. I might wait and see if I can get that one on eBay...