SPOILERS Bumblebee Movie Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Markatron, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Maboroshi

Maboroshi Optimal

Interesting tidbit. This comes from J.E "Rik" Alvarez at TFcon 2018 back in October, former creative manager (and ongoing independent contractor?) at Hasbro who worked on Transformers Prime and apparently every live action Transformers movie except the first.

In response to being asked about the future of the Bay series post-TLK, he stated that Bumblebee started off as a prequel, however he thought it was actually turning into a reboot in a new timeline. The main bump in the road being potential WW2 scenes directly referencing The Last Knight that we'd have to ignore.

...scenes that never actually made it into the finished movie, along with the laundry list of other changes we already know were made that cut ties with Bay's timeline.
    Interesting to hear it from someone associated with Hasbro before the movie had even released.

9 minutes in.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Cyberbot8460

Cyberbot8460 Korean Geewunner.

Google+:
    YouTube:
    “Destroy the launch pad, let none escape!”

• Like Like x 4
  3. Wheeljack84

Wheeljack84 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    IMHO no reason to enforce the no voice rule and Camaro thing if it has no ties to Bay's film.

• Like Like x 5
  4. Cyberbot8460

Cyberbot8460 Korean Geewunner.

Google+:
    YouTube:
    Because G1 Bee was a VW, and this movie wants to stay true to G1, so...

5. DOTM Bumblebee

DOTM Bumblebee I must be some kind of nut...

To be fair, those are probably leftover from when the film was considered a prequel. Considering they had to CGI over a previous scene with Charlie for a post-credits scene, I suspect that Charlie's actor was not available, and her parting ways with Bumblebee was obviously too important to the story they were trying to tell. So Bumblebee remains a Camaro.

And the whole Bumblebee losing his voice and Charlie helping him find new ways to talk was one of the biggest parts of the movie.

• Like Like x 1
  6. autobotsrollout

autobotsrollout Well-Known Member

so for all those arguing this wasnt a reboot.... they announced its a reboot officially. and how do you feel about it? I for one am thrilled to be right about it being a reboot.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Insurgent

Insurgent Big Red Fire Snorting Dragon

I always said it had enough to be a reboot or a prequel. Both were equally valid in my eyes. Now it's officially a reboot, I'm fine with it. I enjoyed the bayformers. And now I am excited to see where they are going to go with this new story direction. I think some part of me will still hold Bee as a bayformer prequel as well, but I'm happy to roll with the reboot.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Toddimus Prime

Toddimus Prime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I finally, FINALLY got around to watching Bumblebee this weekend...I absolutely loved it. It was a simple, tight, and familiar story, and I so loved the retro/'80s feel to the whole thing. It's as if they took every element from some of my favorite '80s movies and incorporated them into a story that seemed brand-new...they even seemed to make it the kind of movie you might have seen back in the 1980s. It's just great. It might be the rare movie that I consider flawless...although I thought I heard a song playing during the "clifftop diving" scene that didn't exist in 1987. (lol) Otherwise, it was a perfect movie. If they'd only incorporated Megatron fighting Optimus somehow, it might have been the perfect Transformers movie. Loved, loved, loved it.

• Like Like x 5
  9. Digger

Digger Spreading peace, love and reasonable explanations

Twitter:
    It’s really good at what is and what it’s meant to be for us.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Toddimus Prime

Toddimus Prime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Yes...never mind that redefines what a great Transformers film should be, it's a fantastic movie in and of itself...it's just so well made that it stands well on its own as a self-contained story...that's how the Star Wars saga started-out, y'know. Just saying... (lol)

• Like Like x 1
  11. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    I would have liked closure after TLK, but now I'm hopeful to see some liked characters again, like Jazz, Ironhide, Ratchet, etc. I also hope they fix Bee's voice this time around right away.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Wh33l JcK

Wh33l JcK Well-Known Member

I just picked up the Blu Ray....

I guess I never realized Ravage was never in the final cut of the first scene of the movie?

Also, is there a way to turn off that Bumblebee Vision on the extended version of the Cybertron scene? I hate how it keeps on starting and stopping with those character profiles?

• Like Like x 1
  13. hthrun

Ebay:
    They cut out Ravage? I could have sworn they showed a little bit more of him than was even in the commercials...

14. Digger

Twitter:
    What!?

15. Insurgent

Insurgent Big Red Fire Snorting Dragon

He's saying he never realised Ravage was never in the opening scene on Cybertron. And he wasn't. He pops out in the second cybertron scene, the flashback, which does show more Ravage than in the trailers.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Digger

Twitter:
    Ahhh. I get it.

• Like Like x 2
  17. hthrun

Ebay:
    Now it makes sense to me.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Saberblade

Saberblade Well-Known Member

I am still wondering how Shatter and Dropkick were able to locate Cliffjumper, since they were both on Cybertron?

• Like Like x 1
  19. Digger

Twitter:
    They probably just searched where the ships would’ve gone. I dunno, I was exactly confused how they didn’t explicitly say how they found him.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Sablebot

Sablebot Autobot Media Scientist

Actually there is. . .The BB film was still under a contract from Chevrolet mandating that the Camaro show up at the end of the movie , and the no-voice thing pretty much shows that even though Travis had some freedom, he still had to answer to the Exec. Producers above him. Doesn't negate that the final released BB film, was, and still is, a reboot. . .

Considering that the BB movie pretty much indicates that Shatter & Dropkick were skilled trackers, it's not hard to imagine them tracking Cliffjumper to that moon next to Saturn. . .Maybe even Soundwave assisted -would have been cool to see a Knightverse Laserbeak, Rumble, Frenzy, and Buzzsaw. . .

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2019
    • Like Like x 1