1. Of note - we are in the process of upgrading the site to use HTTPS / SSL. In that time, you may be logged in/out depending on what area of the site you are looking at. If you want to be logged into the forums, please log in via https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/login/. If you do that, you will not be logged in while looking at the front page. We hope to have this fixed within the next 24 hours or so.
    Dismiss Notice

SPOILERS Bumblebee Movie Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Markatron, Dec 7, 2018.

1. shockwave2005

shockwave2005 Well-Known Member

But he conveyed SOOOOOO MUUUCH in his three grunts after saying "Optimus" - it totally gave you an idea of the logical, calculated warrior he is![/sarcasm]

• Like Like x 7
  2. Dotmshockwave

Dotmshockwave Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Google+:
    One of the biggest wastes of an awesome alien design. So much potential completely squandered. That burger king commercial with prime and him fighting was more entertaining then most of dotm. And it was 30 seconds.

• Like Like x 6
  3. shockwave2005

:lol 

• Like Like x 1
  4. oliquidrusho

oliquidrusho Active Member

Hell, everything we thought we'd get with Shockwave in DOTM instead came from his pet, Driller for goodness sake. Utter waste.

• Like Like x 1
  5. JLvatron

JLvatron Transformer

News Credits:
    I figured out why they didn't name the Decepticons in the movie.
    ...cause they knew if Starscream got called "Blitzwing", the audience would go
    "WHAT the Heck!"

P.s. Please excuse the use of 'heck'.

6. Rumblestorm

Rumblestorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That wouldnt explain anything.

7. shockwave2005

I can't tell if his comment is serious, critical, sarcasm, or a joke.

8. JLvatron

JLvatron Transformer

News Credits:
    I guess a mix of all

9. PANTSMAN1973

PANTSMAN1973 Well-Known Member

It wasn't even a fair fight. Big bad Optimus Prime taking out a blind guy. Come on!

• Like Like x 2
  10. Galvatron1998

Galvatron1998 Maximal

News Credits:
    A little off topic but still Bumblebee related. Did anyone here win anything from the Five Days of Bumblebee Giveaway that was held about a month ago? I won a Bumblebee prize pack but have still not received anything. The giveaway appeared legitimate as I found out about it on the official Transformers Facebook page but I don't recall ever seeing anyone post anything about it on here. Thanks!

11. AshleyCuadra

AshleyCuadra Tieria Prime

News Credits:
    Wait for Monday it’s says after winning wait 30 days to receive

• Like Like x 1
  12. deathzero23

deathzero23 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Finally watched the film. 1st week of showing here in our country.
    It felt like 2007 again but this time it's even better.
    Everything makes sense plot-wise.

As I posted a review in my FB page:
    This film have a HEART which the previous films lacked since the old one focuses too much on Over the Top action sequences.
    It's like an X-Men: First Class soft reset button with an inspired The Iron Giant all over with a little bit of Herbie: Fully Loaded.

The action sequences are just right. Humor is much whole some. No more toilet humor and sex jokes.
    It's the film having a depth. The Cybertron scene with G1 inspired designs are a real treat for the G1 fans.
    Goes to show Hasbro dictated the designs and Travis Knight made it feasible while still looking fresh, new and modern.
    Also Michael Bay must stay away from the Director's Chair and let the new comers take full control of the franchise.

It feels really different especially if you're used with Michael Bay's style.
    I have a friend that gave BumbleBee a thumbs down. I was surprised. But that's his take.
    That thumbs down reminded me of the people who lambasted Marc Webb's The Amazing Spider-Man.
    Which made a sort of guess that..

SOME PEOPLE HAVE A PROBLEM DEALING WITH REBOOTS.

It's a contained film actually going by the screen time. They can't have a war with tons of bots in the screen.
    It's just Bee, Blitzwing, Shatter and Dropkick. And the Cybertron scene is an added treat.
    Charlie conquering his Father's loss is a good narrative ploy. And using a female lead, it's effective in conveying emotions in the screen. And also explained her guts of wanting her own car for her birthday. Much better compared to Sam's version of wanting a car.
    But Charlie is a one-shot plot deal. It's fine for me for her character to come back if the plot needs it.

I like the final scene. Scanning into a 1977 Camaro then meet up with Prime in the Golden Gate Bridge.
    I was like WHAT THE FUCK! It's really Optimus Prime in his Iconic flat-nosed Truck... with his Trailer.

Now it's up for the sequel, "Optimus Prime".
    We need a new human lead. And I think it's high time for Prime to finally meet Danny and Spike Witwicky.
    And I can't wait what will be that film's iteration of Megatron.

And finally I have question...
    Did the movie had a pun on the Peterbilt Truck?
    Dropkick's landing struck a long-nosed truck destroying it. :lol 

• Like Like x 2
  13. SunSwipe5

SunSwipe5 Twin Hellion Masters Of Jet Judo

FINALLY get to see this on Monday afternoon :D 

• Like Like x 1
  14. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Just watched Bumblebee for the third time. That 'Unchained Melody' scene breaks my heart every single time. Watching it for the third time is same as watching it for the first time. The whole theater just wept. Not a single dry eye. You can be a macho man body builder who eat nails for breakfast but you'll still weep into a tissue when that scene comes along.

That being said, the final scene where Charlie starts up the car and drives away, the whole theater erupted. Cheering, knowing that her father finally heard her.

Excuse me, I'm actually crying right now as I'm writing this. Honest.

• Like Like x 7
  15. Jalen Frisby

Jalen Frisby BumblebeeLover

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    That scene where Charlie Mentions her Dad to Bee, i almost cried..that was a touching scene you don't see in the bayformers..

• Like Like x 3
  16. jon3pnt0

jon3pnt0 EpicVoiceGuy

News Credits:
    This shot reminds me of the animated movie poster from 86 with what’s going on in the background.

• Like Like x 3
  17. jon3pnt0

jon3pnt0 EpicVoiceGuy

News Credits:
    They only used voice actors who were already there recording and Burton has previously said he didn’t want to reprise the role in an interview about the Bay films.

• Like Like x 2
  18. MaxLinden

MaxLinden Auto-Con

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    i'm still in awe of how good this movie is, I hope this sets the standard of what it takes to make a Transformers live action movie.

19. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave Hooked on a Feeling!

News Credits:
    Yeah, I definitely agree. I never cry at movies. I didn't even really feel sad at the ending of Infinity War like most other people did. I thought Gamora's death was the saddest part, but even that didn't really have a huge impact on me. That scene in Bumblebee caused me to tear up a little though, it was so well done. If a movie has that reaction on me, it's definitely a success in my book.

• Like Like x 1
  20. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

To me, DOTM Shockwave has the best design of all his appearances in the media, it was very unfortunate that his dialogue wasn't the best...