1. Of note - we are in the process of upgrading the site to use HTTPS / SSL. In that time, you may be logged in/out depending on what area of the site you are looking at. If you want to be logged into the forums, please log in via https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/login/. If you do that, you will not be logged in while looking at the front page. We hope to have this fixed within the next 24 hours or so.
    Dismiss Notice

SPOILERS Bumblebee Movie Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Markatron, Dec 7, 2018.

1. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Eh, as much as I like her voiceovers and performances, she's already doing the femme villain thing with Captain Phasma. Doing it here would just be one too many trips to the well, honestly.

No, I think Angela Bassett was a fantastic choice for Shatter and apparently she loved every minute of it and had fun with it. I'd much rather have a casting like that because it comes through in the film. Hugo Weaving was rather vocal about his performance and he didn't return and look at what we got out of it.

Nah, I think as-is is better than good.

• Like Like x 1
  2. prfctcellrulz

prfctcellrulz NOBODY IS READY FOR ASUKA!!!

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Fair enough. Besides, Bassett did a decent Phasma impression as Shatter so I’ll take it.

3. Miyaren

Miyaren Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Lol thanks for the history lesson. Please don’t assume people need one in the future

Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
  4. shockwave2005

shockwave2005 Well-Known Member

Personally, I'd consider 10 Years of Bayhem to be a pretty good run. Now it's time for something that is...less of that.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Dyno98

Dyno98 Standing by for Titanfall

Damn, I wish I could had seen the movie in English. The Spanish dub did a great job with the main characters and Shatter and Dropkick, but the Cybertron scene had really weird voices.

The only original version film cinema in the area is a bit expensive, so I guess I'll wait for the home release.

6. Artistodave

Artistodave Well-Known Member

YouTube:
    He actually somehow looks like Jon Bailey as well...

7. TFXProtector

News Credits:
    It wasn't a history lesson, it was a point of reference. So salty because you don't like the point I was making. Stop being a smart@$$

• Like Like x 1
  8. Miyaren

News Credits:
    Didn’t know not telling you to tell me the history of Spider-Man which I already knew was salty.
    Now insulting people by calling others smartass? Wow you guys are really low.
    Save your toxicity for yourself

9. TFXProtector

News Credits:
    You were the toxic one, not me. You made a comment, I responded with:

There was nothing toxic or rude about my post at all. I was pointing out an issue that was relevant to the topic at hand. It was a point of reference because it was recent and occurring just recently and right now as we're talking. Bumblebee, if it's a reboot, is akin to Holland taking over rather than Garfield's Spider-Man getting his conclusion. Much like how the Bayverse fans want a conclusion but chances are they won't get one.

You called it a history lesson, snarkily (there's the salt) and you started off by laughing at me and my post with the "lol" and then put words in my mouth with the "Please don’t assume people need one in the future" bit. I didn't assume anything, it wasn't a history lesson and you needn't speak for me, ever. I don't speak for you, so, grant me the same level of respect.

And this comment by me was in response to you laughing at me and telling me how to conduct myself when I did nothing wrong. You were the one being salty and toxic. I called you a smart@$$ because you were being both. You and your buzzwords (toxic) started this, not me. You're angry that I pointed out that you might not get your coveted ending to your beloved Bayverse and this is how you responded. It was uncalled for and unnecessary, so I responded in kind and still had a valid point. You don't like it. Too bad, so sad.

You could've either A.) Ignored my post or B.) Responded with something along the lines of "Yeah? Well, I want an ending. Okay?" I could've respected that more. I would still disagree with it because Lorenzo and Bay say it's over and done as of TLK, but I could've respected it. As it stands? You don't deserve that respect because of your post that started all of this.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Miyaren

News Credits:
    Ok so an loL earns me being called a smartass? Go back and read what I wrote again...at Least I prefaced my post with the word “please”....
    And you respond by going straight to the insult with “smartass”. And I’m the toxic one!?
    Wow you really need a lesson in manners.
    Take your own advice: they are lots of things you could have said instead of straight away name calling and insulting people with labels. you could have NoT written your last sentence but you made a choice to call me a smartass
    You ARE the toxic one.
    All this just confirms all self righteous you are.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
  11. primal789

primal789 Prime

News Credits:
    As much as I hate it as a Bayverse fan I have to admit that we're kinda in a better position than the fans of that version of Spider-Man since we got 5 movies and there is a sense of closure with Cybertron being rebuilt and Bee having his voice back.Again it's not exactly a conclusion everyone wants but better than what they got with Garfield's Spidey.

• Like Like x 3
  12. shockwave2005

Whoa man that sounds a bit like a history lesson to me, you might wanna chill

• Like Like x 2
  13. shockwave2005

I'm really not sure where there was any sort of "history lesson" in his post, and I'm certainly not getting any kind of "toxic" vibe from it. You may want to reread it.

• Like Like x 1
  14. TFXProtector

News Credits:
    *smh* Yes, unnecessary mockery gets you a "smart@$$" in response. "Please" just makes it more insulting, not less. If that's what you think serves as non-toxic conversation, you were seriously misled and need a refresher course on how to converse with people. And you talk about manners... Wow.

And the whole "I'm rubber, you're glue, whatever you say bounces off of me and sticks right to you!" tone of your post makes your entire argument utter nonsense even if your words might have value. Why? No one will entertain your opinion or hear what you say when you converse like that. Sorry, your movies won't get the conclusion you wish for. Sorry, it's The Amazing Spider-Man all over again. (And that's regardless of Bumblebee being a reboot or a prequel, there's still no end coming.) That's just how it is. You can't handle people pointing out a fact and you decide to mock them for it.

Over some garbage movies. Okay.

You at least see the silver lining. I have to give you credit for that. Thank you for a polite response, I actually do appreciate it.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Miyaren

News Credits:
    Yea sure you just telling me you have every right to go ahead and straight up name call people.
    And now giving life advice too huh? Doesn’t your self righteousness knows no bounds!? I don’t care about the amazing Spider-Man situation you the one who keeps bringing it up. It’s about your rudeness which you make it sound 100% justified.

16. primal789

primal789 Prime

News Credits:
    For me it's simple,we're here because of our love and respect for the franchise..to share the experience and not to focus on stuff we hate and be at eachother's throats because some have an opinion of their own.There are enough problems in this world and I mean real problems and this is entertainment..people should find an escape in this,they don't need to be under fire every time for this too or stress over it..It's not worth it and I believe you understand that.We are fans..when are we gonna start acting like fans and not as judges of everything in the damn world?So yeah..for someone that appreciates respect I can only be thankful.

• Like Like x 1
  17. shockwave2005

Um...sorry, but you started this exchange with TFXP with your condescending comment, and are continuing to do so. Take some responsibility.

Well said!

18. Napalm

Napalm BOASTFUL MANFISH!!! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Bumblebee showed me, and I say this as someone who enjoyed the Bay movies, that while there's absolutely a place in Transformers for incoherent, pervy, noisy and downright nasty set pieces held together by the flimsiest of narratives, that's also probably bullshit.

It was great. Warm natured, action packed and full of heart. My daughter became heavily invested in it from the get go, and that hasn't happened with a live action Transformers film before. More of this please.

• Like Like x 5
  19. TFXProtector

News Credits:
    And if they do go with a male protagonist the next time, please don't let him be a hornball sleaze cringelord next time.

People mock Marky Mark's performance, but you have to admit Cade was the most down to Earth, normal and best intentioned human character 'til Charlie came along. We need more of her and him, none of Sam, even more no no no on the Simmons type and maybe a very watered down Joyce character. (He was funny when not being a douche. And I like Stanley Tucci. He's an awesome guy.)

20. PANTSMAN1973

PANTSMAN1973 Well-Known Member

Shockwave is the boss. He got more dialogue than in DOTM. What was it he said in DOTM? "Optimus". Yeah that was it. Also he didn't succumb. to a parachute!

• Like Like x 2