SPOILERS Bumblebee Movie Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Markatron, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Jalen Frisby

Jalen Frisby BumblebeeLover

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    I need to watch some Alf Lol, and the funny thing about Wheeljack is he's played by Steve Blum, who voiced Starscream Lol. I wanna see that in the cybertron movie! Like Blum playing Screamer again

• Like Like x 1
  2. jon3pnt0

jon3pnt0 EpicVoiceGuy

News Credits:
    Steve voiced Cliffjumper in the original screening we saw. I kinda wished it had been him. Wheeljack has such a small line and Steve’s voice is awesome and deserves to be heard.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Cosbydaf

Cosbydaf Well-Known Member

I think people are shocked because it sounded just like the originals. You really nailed both of those voices - I thought it was Corey Burton and Frank Welker until looking it up after seeing the movie. Hope you get chance to voice them again in the future, with a lot more lines!

• Like Like x 2
  4. SeanTF1967

SeanTF1967 Autobot

News Credits:
    Oh good to know. What about Ironhide?

5. jon3pnt0

jon3pnt0 EpicVoiceGuy

News Credits:
    I do a really good Ironhide & that’s what I did for them but I was hoping they would just have Cullen do the final voice since they were already going to have him in to record Optimus. I’ve always loved Ironhide’s voice.

• Like Like x 5
  6. jon3pnt0

jon3pnt0 EpicVoiceGuy

News Credits:
    Oooooooh. I thought it was more of a “how in the world did Jon make it into this movie???” kinda reaction. :D 

• Like Like x 1
  7. Astronut

Astronut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah Alf was huge here in Norway too. It was awesome to get some time hearing him argue with his family again. So many memories. :cool: 

I like that the movie didn't really rely on throwbacks to the 80s. It could have easily been set in 2018/19 with just minor changes to certain scenes. The focus was on the story and the characters. Four thumbs up from me and the wife.

• Like Like x 1
  8. PaleMoonlight

PaleMoonlight Active Member

I feel like this film is a huge step forward. It's totally redeemed the live action series in my eyes which, past the first ten or so minutes of the 2007 film (Blackout's attack is still a DOPE sequence IMO) and a few choice moments from that film, went further and further downhill every time.

It was nice to see a female lead in a modern film that is believable and feels like a human being. None of this "I just picked up a lightsaber and now I'm going toe to toe with a Sith lord" nonsense. She also isn't a total dick to her male tag-along as seems the norm in Hollywood these days. She's cute and not some airbrushed eye candy also, which I liked. Goes back to the likes of Ripley, Sarah Conner and so on. As a huge oldskool music nerd I just loved the Smiths, New Order, Duran Duran etc references and songs being dropped left and right.

The Transformers look like Transformers again. I was sold from the opening shot, those Cybertron battle scenes had me sat there with a shit-eating grin on my face the entire time and I hope we see more of them in future films. When Soundwave appeared, with THAT voice, and ejected Ravage with THAT sound, I almost had to stop myself jumping up in my seat, cheering and applauding like a madman. Sure it may be blatant fan service, but when they get it so right....who cares? There was plenty of laughs in the entire film, none of it felt too forced. I liked how Cena wasn't totally one-dimensional as an antagonist. And it's funny because it's John Cena. At the core, it's a simple story with substance and some characters you actually care about, and has that ET vibe which the 2007 film hinted at.

In short, it's a true modern interpretation, with all the right nods to G1 and its era, with none of the visual hubris, lame cringe humour and convoluted storytelling that made the Bay films get progressively more nauseating with each entry in the series...and all for a fraction of the budget. With far superior CGI. The Transformers are back on the big screen and for the first time in over a decade, I actually care about it.

I only hope this is the beginning of something great, because the film is up against some heavyweights at the moment (though I really could not give a damn about Aquaman or anything else). Hopefully the strong critical reception will speak for itself.

• Like Like x 4
  9. HeroJr

HeroJr Maximal

I will add to those who definitely thought that Wheeljack, Shockwave and Soundwave were each voiced by their actors from the original cartoon. So, kudos to you jon3pnt0!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Murasame

Murasame

News Credits:
    I thought during the movie, that it doesn't make Triple changers special, when they can scan on the fly the Alt mode. They should have dropped the ability to scan, but then again, who would've rebuild Bumblebee. So I'm just overlooking that.

11. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

News Credits:
    What? Those designs don't work on Cybertron, Earth based vehicles are out of place there... But I suppose the G1 crowd just don’t care or give it a pass because reasons...

12. tyrantwings

tyrantwings Member

When do we see these ''Earth based vehicles'' on Cybertron?

13. BIOMEC

News Credits:
    Bumblebee transform into a car there and Optimus looks like he has a truck alt-mode.

14. tyrantwings

tyrantwings Member

Bumblebee looked more like his War For Cyberton mode which is a little TRON-type looking vehicle.

• Like Like x 1
  15. BIOMEC

News Credits:
    It's still a car, Cliffjumper also has tires on him, the Decepticon triple-changers also have tires even if they haven’t come to Earth yet... the movie was quite good, but I think those designs make more sense on Earth than on Cybertron. I know that in the G1 cartoon it was like that, but it doesn't work for me in a live action movie.

A hovering yellow ground vehicle would have been better for Bumblebee, Prime must have looked different as well... On Earth G1 OP it's ok imo because he has his G1 truck alt-mode after all. I hope I made my point clear!

16. tyrantwings

tyrantwings Member

I get what you're saying. To make it clear to audiences, the designs had to be obvious and precise.

A random exoskeleton named Optimus Prime and some similar looking bots wouldn't have gone down as well.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Gieferg

Gieferg Well-Known Member

SHockwave? Why?
    He never had earth alt-mode from what I remember.

• Like Like x 1
  18. tyrantwings

tyrantwings Member

After seeing some new HD clips pop up online in the past few days, I had to screencap this guy. Anyone know who it is? I can't recall seeing him when I watched the movie.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  19. jon3pnt0

jon3pnt0 EpicVoiceGuy

News Credits:
    What specifically was Earth-based in that scene? No offense but in G1 their robot modes were the same in episode one as they were on Earth. Only the vehicle modes changed. Other than Prime’s windows, I didn’t see anything Earth vehicle looking in any of that scene.

• Like Like x 4
  20. jon3pnt0

jon3pnt0 EpicVoiceGuy

News Credits:
    I don’t see why Cybertron having wheels is a big thing. Tires are only available on Earth now?

• Like Like x 4