SPOILERS Bumblebee Movie Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Markatron, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    What the hell? I never saw one. Granted I saw advanced seating. Damn I need to rewatch and see. Who did it look like?

2. autobotsrollout

autobotsrollout Well-Known Member

This bumblebee movie wasnt G1.... and even though I loved the G1 stuff in the beginning... the non G1 that came after I still loved for the intimate story telling and character arcs.

The first movie was nice........but it went to a sh*t fest after for four straight movies. Robot balls? making an underage girl a sex object and then explaining why the older guy can bang Cade's daughter.... 500 explosions and shaky cam where you cant tell whats going on.... They never gave love to the franchise and the fans could tell and its why the bayverse died. The first 10 minutes of G1 ish action on cybertron gave more character from the transformers than all 5 bay films combined.

• Like Like x 2
  3. primal789

primal789 Prime

News Credits:
    Plus Optimus Prime in AOE alone has a lot of emotion so you can't say 5 minutes of a movie had more character than all movies combined.

• Like Like x 2
  4. autobotsrollout

So why is the bayverse dead then if it was so grand? people grew tired of being treated like idiots at the cinema. The kids that fell in love with the first movie are old enough to realize the last knight was garbage

5. autobotsrollout

Transformers toys sell before movies even come out..... that doesnt say anything. I thought the movies were bad and I still bought the toys so your theory means jack squat

6. autobotsrollout

They like them better? the chug line is selling strong itself. What it shows is that people love robots that transform into vehicles and weapons

7. autobotsrollout

Thats when the new toys for the new lines come rolling out... you do the math. The off years is when the obscure characters no one cares about comes out....

8. autobotsrollout

Hello Kitty out sales transformers toys by 800000 miles ... without big time movies. And the vast majority of fans that buy toys are for kids.......... we the adult fans are in the minority ... even though we have message boards and congregate so it makes it seem vastly huge but the majority of toys sold are for kids. Kids dont care if a movie is good... they just want big robots and vehicles.

9. Inanimate Carbon Rodimus

Inanimate Carbon Rodimus In Rod We Trust

Just saw it, very pleasantly surprised. I went into this film with zero interest - TLK was terrible, I’m sick of Bumblebee and had no interest in the human cast. But it was a good film. Well-written, interesting characters, a coherent plot, just enough humor without being distracting and very little of the typical Hollywood propaganda. And the G1 style designs looked a lot better on screen than I expected. I liked the nods to the prior movies, though it’s pretty obvious this is meant to be a reboot...they should have marketed it as such, TBH.

On the negative side, I thought it dragged a little in the second act and I think it was too light on action in that portion of the film. I also thought they went a bit overboard on eighties references. Yes, I get that it’s set in that time period, but the amount and focus was distracting.

Overall, I really enjoyed it and hope to see a sequel in this series, with this tone and creative team. In terms of ranking the films, I’d go with...

(1) TFTM07
    (2) Tie between BB and DotM
    (3) RotF
    (4) AoE
    (5) TLK

10. autobotsrollout

Yeah but that is just because it brought transformers into the main stream.. The toys could be completely G1 from here on out and the movies too and it wouldnt change the Data of sales one bit. Robots transforming into vehicles and weapons is the cash cow... not Michael bay

11. autobotsrollout

What makes DOTM and the 07 movie better in your eyes? just the all out action? Or is it the 07 movie nostalgia like how I think the 86 movie is the best movie because of nostalgia?

12. autobotsrollout

I liked the homage to the original opening theme when bumblebee was thrown.. transformed.... turned came back and transformed diving into the decepticon...... wished they could of saved it for a sequel when Jazz could do it like in the opening cartoon theme but it was still cool

Last edited: Dec 21, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Inanimate Carbon Rodimus

Honestly, that top 3 is *really* close. Like, if I had to represent it visually, all three of those films would be crammed together on one line, then two pages of blank space before RotF. I almost put BB above DotM and that might change on subsequent viewings.

As far as BB vs TFTM07...I think the pacing of TFTM07 was better, whereas BB dragged a lot in the second act and I was getting bored in spots. BB also seemed to be trying too hard to be sentimental and it came off as saccharine at times - personally, I’d have ditched that whole plot with Charlie’s father having died. That said, TFTM07 has a lot of annoying humor that distracts from the story and a bunch of characters that are unnecessary. They both have good points and flaws, but I still have to give a slight edge to TFTM07.

14. Fuzz

Fuzz Garbage Pail Kid

John Cena is by far the worst part of this movie. All his dialogue and mannerisms are delivered in such a corny way that his character just comes across as silly. My only complaint really.

15. autobotsrollout

It slowed down in the 2nd act but I dont think you grow as close to Charlie, love interest... malmo? and Bee without those slower moments.. .kind of a double edged sword with the pacing there. In the end I'd rather have that than not but I did find myself craving a fast paced cybertron movie after those first 10 minutes lol.

for me it would be 86 movie.... for nostalgia.... then Bee... slightly below 07 and then Dotm and then a wide canyon .... and then the other 3. Wish Knight had done the 07 movie........ cut the bayisms out and it would of been even better than it was.

16. autobotsrollout

I liked him better when he was acting silly....... the one complaint I have was him shoving Charlie down....... it just doesnt jive with what he did earlier in letting her go back to her parents.......... if he was nice enough to let a kid go........ and not detain her.... then I dont feel he'd intentionally shove her down as if he's trying to hurt her.

But then again..... i have to remind myself that if you start looking for imperfections to pick apart... then no movie would be a good movie.

17. Inanimate Carbon Rodimus

Cena was just...there. His delivery wasn’t great and I don’t feel like his character really contributed anything to the story. Just like...

Memo. And that’s another plot I would have either cut, since he was just a flat, cliched comic relief character who didn’t contribute anything. Granted, at least he wasn’t actively annoying like Glen, Leo or others in the previous movies.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Fuzz

Fuzz Garbage Pail Kid

Agreed. I understand the purpose was to piss Bee off, but it should have been a different agent do it. After she’s thrown down, Cena yells hey, and Bee backhands them both.

• Like Like x 1
  19. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    All of us in the audience (9-10 people, the theater was empty pretty much. =\ ) were all shuffling out for the exit when it caught us off guard and we all just stood there, frozen, watching it unfold. I do remember people talking about those scenes in AOE, I wish we could've seen them.

I remember it had two eyes and a slit for a mouth. It was a somewhat rounded head. (It didn't seem like Shatter or Dropkick's head, though they were blown to Hell, so it could've been remnants of one of them.) My wife said she remembered one of the voices saying "We got it. Coming in." and I asked my Dad if he saw what I saw because I thought I was going crazy and he said "You don't remember? They grabbed the head by the back of the neck and told someone over a radio they had it and they dragged it behind some doors as the screen went black."

I saw a regular release, as well. Thursday night screening at 7:45.

I know I'm not losing my mind. None of us in the theater were...

A friend of mine who went to see it today said there was a Coca-Cola commercial featuring a robot watching a movie, but he didn't say anything about it being dragged, so I'm not sure it's the same thing? I suppose it could be? Maybe it's a Regal thing? Now, I want to go see it again at another chain to see if that scene pops up, again. Heck, I'll go back to the same theater and the same bay to double-check. It's aggravating me, at this point.

It was a non-descript face, really. Two eyes and a slit for a mouth with a rounded head, but the screen was washed out because of all the lights coming on for cleaning and then it jumped to the reset ads they play in between showings.

• Like Like x 1
  20. BombSquad

BombSquad Lies! It's all lies!

News Credits:
    I was super happy to see Brawn! Loved his design. (I could instantly tell it was him!) Hope they show the cybertronian designs in the art book.

The Agent Simmons cameo was neat, too.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2018
    • Like Like x 4