SPOILERS Bumblebee Movie Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Markatron, Dec 7, 2018.

1. transf0

transf0 “Well Connected” The GOAT

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Pretty much totally agree with this.
    Megatron is frozen in the Hoover Dam. Just…not how he looked in TF1. Also, Paramount's idea behind Bee it's close enough to 2007 for the nostalgia factor and to not confuse casual viewers too much whole also jettisoning 2-5. For example, we have S7 at the Hoover Dam, Simmons, Camaro, etc. Up until that last scene with presumably OP, it was actually quite in line with 2007 as Bee could've just wound up at Bobby Bs in his Camaro form.

2. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    Again. Where’s the proof that megatron is frozen? Like these films are just so different from each other it’s hard to believe that’s one of the other parts they kept in. Even Bumblebe has the camero alt mode and head but he’s still very different from the 2007 one in height alone. I think that could be a cool set up. With Megatron trapped and the decepticons find him. Especially since shockwave seems to be taking up the fort and would have some nice logic debate there. But I’m just not convinced. There’s no backing for your argument. Something like an end credit scene would’ve helped.

• Like Like x 2
  3. transf0

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    There is, it's just not public. It may be incorporated in future films, or it may be scrapped depending on what Paramount wants to do. I'm just saying this is the framework with which Knight & Co. approached Bumblebee.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    That’s pretty sketchy but I won’t argue further. Like I said it could be cool if it’s explained and utilised well. But I’m not sure if I trust paramount at all if Lorenzo is still around.

5. transf0

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Unfortunately, there's currently no sign that he's leaving anytime in the future.

6. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    Fucking hell. A good Optimus prime film. Set entirely on Cybertron. That’s all I need to know there’s a brighter future ahead.

• Like Like x 1
  7. THECAB002

THECAB002 Active Member

It's called a soft reboot. Still has some similarities but is still a reboot

• Like Like x 2
  8. Decepticon Miner

Decepticon Miner Banned

News Credits:
    Hm. There’s more rebooty things in this film than prequel things so...

• Like Like x 2
  9. Decepticon Miner

Decepticon Miner Banned

News Credits:
    Who else were they going to get to voice her? All of the voice actors involved were involved in the games and movies in recent years except Bumblebee himself. They obviously went to her first. Also the argument of the same voice is strange when Bee has a different voice, Soundwave has a different voice and Shockwave can talk.

• Like Like x 3
  10. APB

APB Well-Known Member

The whole movie feels like a reboot, and it is for the better. Sad Cliff had to die, they could have had a movie just about him and maybe Sideswipe simillar to the Sea of Rust mission in FOC.

• Like Like x 1
  11. ShortHound85

ShortHound85 Well-Known Member

1987 Freightliner COE if I remember correctly.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Razorquake

Razorquake Well-Known Member

Screenshot_20181215-174004.png
    ...from the russian version doing the rounds (yeah, I apologise), not sure if incorrect subtitles or shatter is from the north of england...

13. Achilles1943

Achilles1943 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just saw cliffjumper´s death on youtube ... it leaked a couple minutes ago like the cybertron intro did yesterday ... pretty brutal !

• Like Like x 1
  14. Optimistic Prime

Optimistic Prime Waiting for ROTB...

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Just watched Bumblebee, and I loved it!! It's the best Transformers movie in my opinion and the characters... Had character!! I hope this is a reboot but now... I/we gotta wait for the next film...
    Funnily enough in my country it's rated PG and there were people saying "shit" and there were some... Well unsatisfying scenes like the Human deaths.
    The characters deaths were so cool aswell and I'm happy that they were so hard to kill. My favourite Decepticon was Shatter however they were all great. I loved the Cybertron scenes, really nice.

I'd give the movie a 9/10

• Like Like x 3
  15. Caminus Prime

Caminus Prime Banned

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Cliffjumper: "I've got Megatron dead center in-"

Shatter: Tears his arm off

Dropkick: "You come in here, again."
    Stabs his chest

Shatter: "In fact; you go anywhere in this franchise preying on a cons life and we will find you and cut both your arms and then both of your legs and then we will cut your face right off your head, do you understand?"

Cliffjumper: "please"

Dropkick: "Yes, so you will be this armless, lickless, faceless thing with you. Going down this moon like a turd, in the vaccum. Do you feel me?"

Cliffjumper: "what the hell are you?"

Shatter & Dropkick: "We are Decepticons."

Shatter: "On second thought"

Cliffjumper: "please"

Dropkick: Slices him in half

• Like Like x 2
  16. snokoan

snokoan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hope we get deleted scenes on the blu ray because one cameo seemed to be cut from the film

• Like Like x 1
  17. Optimistic Prime

Optimistic Prime Waiting for ROTB...

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I also liked that Bumblebee had some crazy evil mode thing (red eyes) like Spider-Man had in Spider-Man homecoming.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Goldlock

Goldlock and don't call me Shirley

News Credits:
    Saw it earlier this afternoon.

Overall, it was a really well done movie. Nothing in there was particularly mind-blowing (though that first 10 mins is pretty rad for any G1 fan), but the whole thing just clicked as a simple little adventure, with room to grow in future.

It's got heart up the wazoo, and those subtle nods to fans show that Knight does know and care about the brand (I especially loved things like Bee re-enacting Jazz's move from the cartoon intro):

[​IMG]

Only nitpicks I'd give are things like a few bits of dialogue sounding a touch too childish/cartoony; Cena being wooden, and the unnecessary Camaro wardrobe change at the end....his robot mode doesn't even look like Bay's design once he has it, so the shift was kinda redundant (since this is clearly a reboot in denial).

It was a great nod to The Iron Giant.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  19. SimbaTron

SimbaTron I'm a black guy who loves Transformers

News Credits:
    Just got back from watching Bumblebee and I too say this is the best Transformers film but Transformers (2007) isn't far off, the Cybertron scenes did not make it automatically the best film like i thought it would be and it went by Pretty quick aswell so I deffo have to see the scenes again, i might just watch clips of Cybertron online now that i have seen the movie anyways all of the main characters had great personalities, alot of emotional scenes aswell so for that i give it a 8.5/10.

• Like Like x 2
  20. JoshimusPrime93

JoshimusPrime93 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just got back from seeing Bumblebee and I am in love with this movie. In my honest opinion, I'd say it's a soft reboot because in the post credits scene Optimus was in the forest with Bee. Of course I could be wrong. This movie also did something that the Bay films failed to do and that is to make me shed a tear. Also Cliffjumper's death was just brutal.

• Like Like x 2