SPOILERS Bumblebee Movie Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Markatron, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Terrellatron

Terrellatron REPAIR REPAIR REPAIR

News Credits:
    I believe he and Soundwave were co leading...Oh well anyone's better the Starscream I guess he couldn't even lead androids to a parade

• Like Like x 1
  2. S41ntSqu4r3d

S41ntSqu4r3d Member

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    He couldn't lead a parade. <repeatedly blasts Starscream with the fusion cannon>

3. Niv3k

Niv3k RED ALERT WOO WOO WOO

News Credits:
    Saw the movie yesterday and it was a blast! Easily the best Transformers movie to date, solid 8/10.

Those Cybertron scenes were amazing.

• Like Like x 5
  4. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    Just saw bumblebee. Holy shit that was amazing! Everything! This is the greatest transformers film ever!
    All the spoilers and other thoughts can be found here:

1. Autobots! All the designs! Everyone is there! And they look great! And I know who they are! Arcee is there! Brawn!!!!!! And they’re all heading off to earth! Also that cliffjumper moment was so sad. Especially with the intro from that one show which I’ve forgotten. “Where everybody knows your name,” the guy just can’t be remembered. Only as the red bumblebee. But he died saying his name. With confidence. To be honest I am sad he can’t be back. But I’m sure there can be a bunch of other great characters as well.

2. But also, decepticons! They have COLOORS!!!!!! And soundwave! He said the thing! And he did the thing where he pokes hisself and the cat comes out! And Shockwave! He was there. And he sounded like Corey Burton! And the tetrajets! There’s a billion of them! Like a whole army! And they all do there own thing! Also I’m positive starscream was there. And he looks great. Also shatter and dropkick are epic but I’ll mention them later.

3. The humans. They’re fine! They’re not annoying. They’re cool and fun when they need to be. Charlie is great. Cool and simple character. Doesn’t feel like she hogs the story that much. And her growth is intertwined with Bee. Also Memo? I think that’s his name. He was cool. Fun and relatable guy.

4. Shatter and Dropkick. Epic. Some of the best original decepticons I’ve seen in these films. They look badass and threatening. And they kill people! They actually kill humans! There’s a line in the sand here. These are bad people and we need to stop them! I need some MPMs of these guys. Or at least get unique toys to do it. And the triple changing. It makes no sense. Sure. But I’m okay with it. It looks really cool. Makes a lot more sense than drift’s triple changing. Maybe just having car figures would satisfy me. Cause those designs by themselves are great.

4.5. Well, Blitzwing. He was very nothing and that’s okay. It was a good fight. He was badass in ways. And he did give Bumblebee a beating and epic ripped out the voice box. Which is at least a good explanation.

5. Bumblebee. The bot himself. He’s wonderful. He’s young and sprightly. Filled with curiosity and wonderment. He feels like a real character. He cares about Charlie. And their relationship is wonderful and sweet. Also he’s adorable when doing fun stuff. I mean he lost his voice but it was good to hear him talking in the beginning at least. I think it’d be great to have him back speaking in the next part of this story. Transforming. He transforms a lot. And that’s great. Honestly in these movies the characters barely actually change and if they do it makes no sense or it’s a different way each time. But here we get to see him change a bunch of times. Quite casually even. And that feels right. This stuff is like walking to him. It should be easy. And it makes sense as well. Like we see it and we get an idea of how it can work. And how disappointing the MPM looks. I need a 2.0 or 3P version I swear. Also I love how when he’s in the house and he tries to change he does the whole G1 prowl/jazz wheel feet and wings. Nice reference and I know there has to be a bunch more. Now on the subject of murder. He does kill blitzwing. But I can excuse that one. He was trying to survive and he just robbed him of his voice. So that I can get behind. Dropkick. Now that fight scene was fantastic. Felt weighty and painful. And with the chains. That was a pretty sick finisher. And it was more of an accident thing anyway. Still bee is trying to save his friends. And with shatter. That was intense. She was really beating on the poor sucker. But he was able to stop her. But maybe at the cost of his life. Then the end came around. And I was initially disappointed when I saw him scan the Camero. I thought we were just gonna go straight into the 2007 movie and I was gonna be so mad. Also there’s no way he could change into that. But then he drove off on that bridge and then he drive by the prime looking truck. And I stared at it. And I just saw and thought. “This is what I want. It’s right there. It can happen. And I want it so.” So I only thought it was a slim hope. But then I stuck around. And there he is standing with prime. And I knew this would be good. Also he looks really interesting having the camero parts on his small body. It’d be interesting to see a figure of that. Maybe from a better VW bee first. And then the autobots went crashing towards earth and I felt good. This movie I felt good. With my heart full. You can make another great film from this. I think the Optimus prime could be great. And whatever the sequel is to this current bumblebee story can be great. Especially if the bot choices are good and So yeah. I love this bumblebee.

Oh by god yes! I forgot about that! I loved that!

• Like Like x 4
  5. sideswipe3

sideswipe3 Well-Known Member

Just saw the movie and I really liked it. The movie also made me like Bee a bit more since he is a character I never really cared for but this movie showed a really loving side to him that I enjoyed seeing.

Shatter and Dropkick is the things I like most about the movie. They reminded of classic Decepticons. I also like the whole rebel thing I feel it gives the war between cons and bots more history instead of good guys vs bad guys. The humans are also not annoying

While I don't dislike Bay's films or Shia. I just never liked Sam. I liked almost everybody but Sam. I liked Cade, Simmons, Lennox, and Epps. But I never cared about Sam.

So I did like Charlie, unlike most people I don't mind humans in Transformers movies I just want the humans to be enjoyable to watch while the bots aren't on screen.

The Cybertron scenes are awesome I am not a fan of g1 but I really would like to see a movie done in that style seems it would be fun to watch.

Overall the only thing I didn't like about this movie is the fates of Shatter and Dropkick. But if they can bring cons like this into the movies I hope they do it again.

The main thing I like about this is while it takes a lot from g1 it is not just a g1 movie but it does its own things as well. Say what you will about The other films but they did bring in unpopular characters and made them popular or create new characters of their own. With that being said I can see Shatter and Dropkick being very iconic just like Barricade but better.

My ranking of the movies are
    AOE This was a hard choice because I really do like the Bee movie a lot. But I really enjoy the tone of AOE. I the robot drama was kind of a counterpart to the human drama and the struggles felt more personal to me with how much Optimus wanted everybody to pay for what has happened to his people and how Cade was really to take out everybody who put his daughter's life at risk.
    BB I hope this movie is a reboot it felt like a better origin story than TF2007 since we see the war on Cybertron and Bee gets to bond with the main character earlier. Just like AOE I like the tone of this movie it reminds of one of those movies I would watch a lot as a kid. But is also something adults would like since it does have dark moments such as humans getting blown up. I feel the movie knows what it is and is good at capturing what it wants to be. With that being said I look forward to seeing this story move forward and I wonder what the future holds.
    DOTM I feel the second half is what makes this a strong movie to me. The first half starts fall as the goofy Bay stuff. But once the Decepticons start making their moves I feel the movie becomes more serious. I like that it fixed the complains people had. While it didn't fix all of them the crew at least knew what people had issues with that is the feeling I got anyway since the villain was better and fan fav Sideswipe got some good scenes. The thing I enjoyed the most about this movie is the storyline between Sentinel and Optimus. While people wanted Shockwave to be the big bad I feel this was better It gave someone to hurt Optimus in a very emotional way which I feel was the start to making him a more interesting character.
    TF2007 I skip all of Sam scenes in this movie I don't dislike Shia but the Sam stuff is just the typical boy wants girls and gets her in the end. I did like all the other human stuff I do wish some character who appears only in this showed up in the sequels. For example Maggie the blonde hacker is someone who I would have liked seeing in some of the others movies same goes for Anthony. The Decepticons are badass and iconic in this movie I feel I don't need to say anymore since almost everybody loves the cons in this movie. The Autobots are great in this movie as well I love how they all have unique character traits and intros. While I do like AOE and the Bee movie more I feel the 2007 film did some things better in terms of the bots and cons. Since none of the bots got intros in AOE and the Bee movie never tells the names of Shatter and Dropkick. Also, I actually like the humor in the 2007 film I kinda feel it is the funniest one since the humor is not played over the top. Simmons is still my favorite human character.
    ROTF I feel the only thing I like about this movie is the action, CGI, and the twins. Yeah, that's about it plus Jetfire and Wheelie.
    TLK This movie is the only reason I want a reboot. I feel it messed up the timeline too much and wasted some good ideas AOE had. The movie also just seemed lazy to me like I can tell lots of drama must have happened in the writer or between the big wigs at paramount since this movie just feels very sloppy. The only positives I can mention are them trying to give the Autobots and Decepticons character but the writers get distracted by trying to fix plot holes but instead ends up creating bigger plot holes since the Autobots and Decepticons are off screen to make room for Anthony Hopkins exposition.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Niv3k

News Credits:
    The use of "The Touch" was pretty much perfect too.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Prime135

Prime135 Friend of Arcee

News Credits:
    Tumblr:
    That bit was so good!!!!!

• Like Like x 2
  8. primal789

primal789 Prime

News Credits:
    In what context exactly if I may ask and you don't mind haha

9. Prime135

Prime135 Friend of Arcee

News Credits:
    Tumblr:
    Bee’s just learned how to use the radio to talk. Charlie and memo a riding through the countryside and come across a gathering on a cliff face. The school’s “poplular” dude is about to dive off a cliff. He asks for volunteers to do it with him. Having seen her diving tapes, bee bumps charlie forward with his door, when she looks at him, he starts playing “the touch” over the radio.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Niv3k

News Credits:
    Perfect summary :D 

11. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    Ranking of the films:
    1. Bumblebee
    2. AoE
    3. DotM
    4. 2007
    5. RotF
    6. TLK

12. primal789

primal789 Prime

News Credits:
    Thank you,hope it really had it's moment..it's a cool song even for me haha
    We appreciate this but you'll have to delete it since it's against the rules to post leaked stuff like that.

13. 96megatron

96megatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah I think that Seeker that was in that whole dramatic establishing shot along with Soundwave, then they turn the camera to Shockwave, finally on a specific seeker that was most likely Starscream. Just the way they focused the camera on those two and the one seeker who holds significance.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    So does anyone remember how many pods and who ran off to the other planets? I’m curious on who the next earth style team could be. Arcee and brawn I know for sure.

15. HawaiianBro808

HawaiianBro808 Banned

News Credits:
    Shockwave & Bumblebee's voice are so awesome in the cybertron scenes.

• Like Like x 1
  16. HawaiianBro808

HawaiianBro808 Banned

News Credits:
    Bumblebee/G1 Optimus Prime :D 

chrome_K0M4dTLmhX.png

• Like Like x 2
  17. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    I do love the bumblebee voice. Feels very fitting. And it was interesting, I checked on TFwiki and it appears that John Bailey was Shockwave. Pretty good work.
    This is it! Hasbro! Paramount! Do this! It’s rigth there! Do an Optimus prime film. Then go to this! Just make more of these new films!

• Like Like x 2
  18. HawaiianBro808

HawaiianBro808 Banned

News Credits:
    Yeah, Dylan O Brien is perfect for Bumblebee, an John Bailey is awesome as shockwave, seein optimus prime on earth with trailer G1 style, gave me fuckin chills :D 

• Like Like x 2
  19. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    Yeah. And especially at the end with him standing next to Bee. That just felt amazing. And also having bee short with the camero parts was alright. I certainly like it more than the 2007 one. If they do make a sequel or any continuing story I’d be okay with that deisgn. And it’d be dope to have a figure like that. Also a prime that turns into that truck. I could I even go without a trailer. And man the other cast as well. I wonder what arcee would turn into.

• Like Like x 2
  20. HawaiianBro808

HawaiianBro808 Banned

News Credits:
    yup :D 

• Like Like x 2