SPOILERS Bumblebee Movie Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Markatron, Dec 7, 2018.

1. RazorX3000

RazorX3000 Cybertronian Monkey

News Credits:
    I have never seen an opinion be so blatantly wrong and out of left field. Everyone please dislike this video. His reasons for not liking the movie are ridiculous.

2. Rambar

Rambar Stunticon

Sweet! Does shatter also have an alternative robot mode?

3. THECAB002

THECAB002 Active Member

All Angry Joe does nowadays is feed into the internet hate culture

• Like Like x 3
  4. Girl Pants

Girl Pants aka brickonator

News Credits:
  5. Rambar

Rambar Stunticon

6. Rumblestorm

Rumblestorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh geez, I hate these guys in general, not because they hated Bumblebee (though it certainly doesnt help their cause, especially since their defense is "it's mushy like a disney movie"), but because he and his friends just ooze negativity and come off as major d-bags in pretty much all their videos. They're nothing but generic angry-nerd stereotypes straight out of the Michael Bay handbook of stereotypes.

If we are gonna get any bad reviews, can it be from people who are not stereotypes like these guys? Unfortunately, the only bad reviews I am seeing are coming from people like that.

• Like Like x 5
  7. mcart

mcart I'm not fat, it's Prime Armor

News Credits:
    But then that.counts as a view. I'll just stick to ignoring anyone whose channel is just about them being angry at things.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Autobot Tool

Autobot Tool Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes that angry Joe review pisses me off I made a thread about it

9. Toxin715

Toxin715 Well-Known Member

I like angry Joe but this review is garbage, the movie is called BUMBLEBEE....how can you be mad when they show bumblebee.

10. HunterRose

HunterRose Well-Known Member

It seems like the Deceps kind of accumulate Kibble as they scan new altmodes. Which is neat and weird. Technically I think they have 3 distinct bot-modes.
    Cybertron-Moon / Car-Kibble / Flight-Kibble.

This is the spoiler thread so I'll air some of my genuine complaints about the film (My complaints are small, these really are nitpicks)
    There's A LOT of cartoon/family movie logic in it. And that's fine. It's a "family movie" about "Cartoon characters" but occasionally it's a little silly.
    For example, ALL bots seem to speak english immediately. When John Cena first meets Bee, he straight up says, "This is a mistake, I'm not attacking you" and everyone just understands right away. But they attack him anyway. If he had said that, and then we cut to all the soldiers hearing that Cybertronian Fax Language, that scene would have played a little better.

Dropkick and Shatter would have absolutely downloaded (learned) the language before confronting the humans. So that scene is fine, but Bee is specifically portrayed as confused and unprepared for this new planet.

Later Bee plays a recording of Optimus to Charlie, and she understands him. Even if Bee instantly downloaded (learned) English upon landing, there's no reason Prime's message (recorded on Cybertron) would have been in English. Again that scene could have played more interestingly if the language barrier was played for reals. And lets face it, the language barrier is a MAJOR character attribute for "Radio playing Live Action Bumblebee" (and I'm fine with that).

The diving plot point didn't work for me at all. I mean I understand how she's traumatized by her father's passing yadda yadda yadda. But in the two key scenes that it comes up (on the cliff and at the end) There's no thematic or emotional payoff. I understand that she's opened up and willing to move on, but her diving into the reservoir to "save" Bee meant nothing, he was fine, in fact he helped HER out of the water at that point. If diving was the ONLY way to get the tower down, or to stop a Decep, then that would have paid off better.

Bee's health. It seems like the whole premise of the plot around Bee's character in this film is that he's near death. But they essentially "Kill him" 2 or 3 times in the movie. And there's never a consistent way to track how or why he recovers and by how much. The electrical thing at the end that magically makes him alive and tough again is really laughable. What? Why? How does that work? Even if we're using "Cartoon logic" like a defibrillator, a bad heart is not what his problem was. I feel like TF07 had a consistent concept of TF health (which of course became nonsense starting with ROTF)
    But again, these are really minor complaints in a film that I otherwise really enjoyed.

• Like Like x 3
  11. WildWing

WildWing Member

First off, this was the Transformers I have been waiting for. Watching how well done this movie is will mak it a little bit harder to watch the Bay movies.

Anyway, to contribute to the discussion as to whether this is a reboot or not; it IS. They winked and nodded to the original series (The Camaro transition at the end, the Dam), but the way this movie showed various plot elements such as the landing of the rest of the Autobots, the meeting between Optimus and Bumblebee at the end, and the first arrival of decepticons basically ret-conned everything about the 2007 movie and the ones to follow.

• Like Like x 5
  12. Mr.Deflok

Mr.Deflok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Two reasons why I want this to be a new beginning

1. TLK absolutely destroyed any semblance of a coherent timeline
    2. Bumblebee showed us that you can make a decent Transformers movie with heart, emotion and delicious action without trying to be bombastic 110% of the time

I like 1 to 4 in the franchise, despite all their flaws. They're entertaining spectacles, but I would rather more finely crafted and meaningful movies like Bumblebee going forward.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  13. crazyfist1979

crazyfist1979 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    SPOILER!!!!!

SPOILER!!!!!!!

SPOILER!!!!!!!!!!!!

SPOILER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SPOILER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ya know, Bumblebee's G1 motto must be correct. 'The least likely is the most dangerous' or something like that. Because Bumblebee has killed a lot in the movieverse. That we know of: Brawl, Ravage, Rampage, Soundwave, Laserbeak, Stinger, Decepticon Drones and KSI Drones, several humans and Blitzwing, Dropkick and Shatter.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Mr.Deflok

Mr.Deflok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    "Cybertron has Fallen"
    What I got out of the opening is that the war wasn't millions of years old, it was fairly recent, that the Decepticons had taken control and that the Autobots were a resistance force, but their resistance failed causing them to flee.

I really like this take rather than focusing on leaving Cybertron in search for Energon/resources. Condensing the conflict time to make it more realistic is great too.

Of course some of this is conjecture but it seemed a lot smarter.

• Like Like x 7
  15. Terrellatron

Terrellatron REPAIR REPAIR REPAIR

News Credits:
    It may have been going on for thousabds of years still because we don't know much about a transformers time span.It maybe like dog years like 1000 years may be like a couple of months to them

• Like Like x 1
  16. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    I was just so use to Blitzwing's voice from the trailer. But his voice was so different in the movie. I'm starting to forget what he sounded like.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Red Goblin

Red Goblin Veteran

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I just learned that its gonna come out in IMAX here. Aaaaaahhhhh

• Like Like x 1
  18. Terrellatron

Terrellatron REPAIR REPAIR REPAIR

News Credits:
    Wasn't there supposed to be a gobot reference

• Like Like x 1
  19. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    Someone mentioned seeing a Gobots comic in Memo's room. Otherwise, Travis stated he cut out a Gobots joke from the film so that'll probably be available as a deleted scene in the home release.

• Like Like x 2
  20. misfire19d

misfire19d Geewunner with some cash to buy toys

Memo was reading a gobots mag in his driveway when he looks across the street and sees Charlie. He then tosses the mag away.

• Like Like x 5