SPOILERS Bumblebee Movie Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Markatron, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    Did Thanos suddenly change his posture, grow longer arms, reposition his fingers, or change his entire head? No matter how you put, it's extreme to say these two are the same character.

[​IMG]

So you're saying Prime chose a planet that coincidentally happened to be same planet that both All Spark and Megatron resided at out of the 100 billion planets to choose from? That's a hard sell for me.

At the same time, that same scientist mentioned the Decepticons were his first alien contact which is not true if Megatron was locked up in the Hoover dam. Sure, it makes sense to not bring up Megatron in front of the other alien subjects, though, that should have been a critical point of discussion when the government officials were having a conversion.

Still a plot point which doesn't concede to '07's lore nonetheless.

I'm curious how they would have left the planet again as from what it seems like, the pods are not reusable. The protoform modes don't seem like they have any way to leave the planet's atmosphere.

Yes, it does mean something, as it's saying he doesn't look anything how he looked in '07. So he started out as skull faced Bee in the WWII, went to a cute face in the 80's, and then back to skull face Bee? Let's just say TLK isn't part of the continuity, that still doesn't explain how Bee went from his American accent to his British accent when he got his voice back in '07.

So why didn't they just use protoforms the whole time? It seems like a waste of resources if they themselves could just be used as way to propel throughout space.

So then there's no reason for Megatron to need the All Spark in the first film. He could have killed Optimus and boom, the war would be over. There are conflicting motives for the Decepticons from the first film to this one. The Decepticons wanted to take the All Spark to create an army in the first film while here, they just wanted to take over Cybertron (again, it seems).

Sure, this film has some elements from later films, but there's so much that contracts the bigger plot points. Plus, the fact that they purposely changed Bee's arrival scene and took out Megatron's role from the earlier test screenings proves they are trying to aim for a reboot angle. All of the '07 aspects are a fragment from when this used to be a prequel.

• Like Like x 9
  2. tfan123

tfan123 Well-Known Member

Angela. Seriously I thought she did a good job as an antagonist in Mission Impossible Fallout....here, she blows the role out of the water. Justin did good too, but Angela was just....WOW. She actually sold the deception part.

I freaking loved this movie. Seriously my favorite TF movie yet, my favorite movie of the year, and in my top 3 movies of all time. Also, I haven't seen anyone else talk about this yet, but anyone else love the TP/egging scene? My favorite comedic scene in the film. Bee just going ham on that girl's car was perfect. When him and Memo talked about revenge, I thought they were gonna push her off the cliff (which I ALSO would've loved, but it would've been too far for a PG-13 movie maybe).

Of course the Cybertron scene was perfect so i won't mention it again.

I'm in the camp that this is clearly a SOFT reboot. I was going back and forth in my view on which it was (reboot or prequel), but the ending scene with Prime on Earth solidified me on this as a reboot. Those of you that are in denial of this being a reboot will probably never see the truth, even if Hasbro came out and confirmed this was a reboot. I won't try and change your minds, but come on. I can definitely understand WHY yall think the way you do. But there's evidence to point in both directions, just more so reboot-wise.

I will say, I'm a little sad the Unicron storyline is probably going unfinished, but I'm excited to see where the new story goes.

I hope Charlie and Memo come back, and her family. Her brother Otis was hilarious, and that puke scene was a great way to cap off the chase scene. John Cena should also come back, he was surprisingly good here. S7 in this continuity seemed more capable and less buffoon-ish than the one from 07. When Cena said "they even call themselves DECEPTicons", I was like "THANK YOU. DUH!" The scientist was naive for plot's sake, because...reasons.

I need Dec 20th to get here so i can see the movie proper again.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2018
    • Like Like x 6
  3. MV95

MV95 @marlinfan1995 Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I feel you. I really do. My point isn't that this can't be a reboot, it's just that it's not impossible to be considered a prequel. That's all I'm trying to say. It would have just as many plot holes as the others.

• Like Like x 5
  4. sideswipe3

sideswipe3 Well-Known Member

This is sadly true. I feel this movie is a reboot but TLK says Ironhide fought in WW2 even though in the first he acts like he is new to earth.

Overall I feel it is a reboot that takes elements from Bay's films.

Just like how the cartoon takes elements from each other.

• Like Like x 2
  5. AOEGalvatronRox

AOEGalvatronRox Collector

News Credits:
    I haven’t seen the movie yet, but I just saw Jon Baileys post on Twitter. I don’t know how anyone else on here feels, but I’m personally disappointed that they didn’t get Frank Welker and Corey Burton to voice Soundwave and Shockwave. That also explains why Soundwave sounded so...off in that tv spot the other day.

6. LordChebos

LordChebos Transformerz4Life

Amazing movie, of course it's a reboot, that ending with the Autobots was beautiful

Speaking of them, when Wheeljack talked, was he Steve Blum? I have been hearing him in TF media since the cybertron games and I think I recognize his voice even with filters

• Like Like x 1
  7. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    The voice sounded a little different in the movie than in the TV spot to me. It was better. Though, I'm sure they'll get their respective voice actors back if they have a larger role in the sequel.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Red Goblin

Red Goblin Veteran

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    He was.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Terrellatron

Terrellatron REPAIR REPAIR REPAIR

News Credits:
    I dont even know what he said all I saw was his ears glow

• Like Like x 3
  10. Decepticon Miner

Decepticon Miner Banned

News Credits:
    The voice in the TV spot was fake. He has his literal G1 voice in the film even though Frank doesn’t play him. It sounds exactly like G1.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Decepticon Miner

Decepticon Miner Banned

News Credits:
    Just waiting for the official announcement of the future of the live action films... what’s next ?

• Like Like x 3
  12. Red Goblin

Red Goblin Veteran

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Prime

• Like Like x 1
  13. Decepticon Miner

Decepticon Miner Banned

News Credits:
    I know that but that’s technically still a rumour is it not?

14. QuintusTheExaltedOne

QuintusTheExaltedOne Creator of the Quintessons and ex-Prime

News Credits:
    The Optimus Movie.

15. Artistodave

Artistodave Well-Known Member

YouTube:
    10 years later that young lad left his job to become a professional bowling player

16. Decepticon Miner

Decepticon Miner Banned

News Credits:
    Still a rumour technically

17. LordChebos

LordChebos Transformerz4Life

He did a great job there, he sounded exactly like Welker and Burton in G1, he legit nailed the voices

• Like Like x 3
  18. Decepticon Miner

Decepticon Miner Banned

News Credits:
    I know right.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Red Goblin

Red Goblin Veteran

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    How many lines did they have?

20. Decepticon Miner

Decepticon Miner Banned

News Credits:
    Arcee has one, Wheeljack had one, Ratchet had one, Prime had at least 15 in the whole film, bee had like 5, Shockwave had one, Soundwave had 2.
    This was all on cybertron btw

• Like Like x 2