[Spoiler] - Transformers 5 IMAX Featurette Analysis

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by pie125, Nov 16, 2016.

1. Scorpio

Scorpio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, font could have been better. I feel the main problem is just that it looks a bit complex. It has meaning (as i'll expand on below) but it is a bit much with all the details.

Transformers; Scuffed metal logo
    Transformers 2; Slightly darker scuffed metal logo
    Transformers 3; Partially G1 inspired logo, simplistic with different shades
    Transformers 4; Dark scuffed metal with lense flare highlights

Which generally gives the following feel;

Transformers; Introducing something fairly new, its fresh though slightly worn with age
    Transformers 2; Darker metal could be seen as the story getting darker or more 'gritty'
    Transformers 3; A G1 inspired logo could hint towards a return to form or a simplicity, or simply a reminder of the past
    Transformers 4; Darker metal once again hints towards the story getting darker or more 'gritty' with the lense flares hinting towards something new

[​IMG]

I believe Transformers; The Last Knight has a logo that is meant to resemble computer chips or some form of wire mesh, which has been revealed as the surface has slowly rusted away over time. This overall probably can be looked into as having more meaning than the previous logos.

The sword immediately conjures up the idea of knights while the rusted text hints of age, decay, oldness. Even without the subtitle you could probably guess that the movie would have something to do with knights and the idea of something olden. Once again, in terms of a logo that gives you the tone of the movie... it works. But its just a bit much. Its not bad, its just that its so much details on the letters that from a distance it looks a bit muddled.

Indeed, its nice being back. Hope everyone has been doing well in my absence :3

• Like Like x 1
  2. Shark

Shark Carcharodon carcharias

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    I think AoE's is the one that looks ridiculous now, since it's the only skinny one.

3. Jazzmustlive123

Jazzmustlive123 jazz died thinking he's the coolest

The first movie's font was the best.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Sablebot

Sablebot #iposttomakeyouthinknotdebate

True-but in the final analysis (pun intended) there's much more pressing real-world ish for me to be pissed off about. . .

5. Galvatross

Galvatross Dreklord of Ogremarr Veteran

Looking at the featurette it appears Wahlberg has the Cybertronian staff that was seen with the Arthurian knight on horseback in Scotland when he is trying to save Isabella? I can't get the best resolution, but it appears much more like the staff than the alien gun he acquired from Lockdown's ship in Transformers 4.

• Like Like x 2
  6. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    @Autobot Burnout , it seems you are correct, my good sir. Having a closer look they do look like WWII soldiers and not modern day soldiers.

However, I do have my doubts those are posts for Flak Cannons. Looks way too perfect and alien-like to me. If they are for Flak Cannons I guess they will be CGIed later since the production crew may have been unsuccessful in finding working ones. The Flak Cannon like explosions above seems to be an indication.

IF they are Alien, I'm assuming that Nazis have uncovered this site. My best theory is that The Creators may have used Earth's resources to build Cybertron as well as the Cybertronians ("You were made, not born"). If I recall correctly, the plot leak stated that an artifact to restore Cybertron has been found. What if they found the very device which was used to build Cybertron in the first place?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Droppin' Space Colonies

They'd get eaten alive by critics if the explosions above were supposed to be flak charges from those emplacements - flak is anti-air shrapnel so if flak went off that close to the ground, the entire crew would be dead.

And you underestimate the ability of human engineering. As early as WWI, the trenches were intentionally designed to be perfectly square in a zig-zag fashion because otherwise, a solid straight ditch meant the enemy could just jump down into it and fire straight ahead to kill a lot more dudes instead of having to look around corners all the time.

Additionally, here's a picture of a British AA emplacement with sandbags arranged very straight.
    [​IMG]

Additionally, if these are more long-term defenses ala Hitler's Atlantic Wall anywhere except normandy, or British mainland defenses, then there would be more time to construct even more geometrically perfect emplacements. Such as this one, which is a real remnant of an AA installation near Sussex, UK.
    [​IMG]

Factor in how apparently Churchill is kicking Nazis out of his house, these could possibly be the Germans overrunning British defenses which would have been constructed very early on in WWII given how long the Blitz happened and the need for these things.

Then doesn't that render the AllSpark bringing things to life not made from Transformium literally pointless?

• Like Like x 2
  8. tonyformer

tonyformer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Lmao! You can see the Cybertronians with the fallen actually building the Harvester in ROTF. Thought everyone knew that?

Last edited: Nov 16, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Autobot Burnout

And when was the last time you saw the worst film in the series? Because it's been a few years for me, thank you very much.

• Like Like x 2
  10. tonyformer

News Credits:
    I don't think those are WWII Soldiers. Uniforms look too modern to me and a lot of them are wearing modern day goggles on their helmets. But I'd hey are WWII soldiers, Cade is running next to them lol.

11. tonyformer

News Credits:
    Actually me and the wife just watched it yesterday. While it's one of the worst written, it has my favorite fight scene (Optimus forest scene). I have the Walmart special wide screen addition that has the extended forest battle fight and wider shots of Devs in the desert scenes. And to be honest, me and the wife like the twins and she loves Sams parents in that movie. So it's one of our favorite for verious reasons. Not to mention IMO the aircraft carrier destruction scene is one of the best in all the movies.

And yes I know what a flack Cannon is. I know my military equipment.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  12. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Wow! You sure know your military equipment.

Have to look back and see what AllSpark created and what The Creators created. I do have a feeling that The Creators created the All-Spark. Just a theory.

We'll see. :) 

• Like Like x 4
  13. Autobot Burnout

I was thinking back to the first film where Sam accidentally dropping the cube for a moment caused a vending machine to turn into Dispensor. No way that vending machine was made from 'transformium' nor the cellphone at the S7 base.

• Like Like x 2
  14. tonyformer

News Credits:
    Yeah he knows as much as he does because he's pulling everything from the Internet.

15. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP #VernoWasRight

News Credits:
    *smashes head on desk*

BOY SO ANYWAY HOW ABOUT THAT FEATURETTE EH GUYS? That sure was some stuff in that featurette. Man I liked that one shot of the knights and the sword, and Tony Hoppers with his walking stick. the TF movies certainly have some unappreciated cinematography sometimes.

• Like Like x 5
  16. Autobot Burnout

I still don't understand why they won't give GI JOE to Bay - it's basically the same material without the necessary giant robots, in their place just super-tech military vehicles and glorified human badasses. It's basically Expendibles for teens and would be right up M. Bay's alley, turning almost all the criticisms about the TF films into praises if the film simply slightly changed the focus franchise.

17. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP #VernoWasRight

News Credits:
    Yup. He'd probably like making it more, too, as he likes the military aspects more than the alien sci-fi.

18. Autobot Burnout

Hell, they probably could still work in alien bullshit - Cobra pillages some crashed starship/Area 51's basement and invents the technology to give birth to Serpentor. Or alternatively it's how Cobra can build up a military force with the kind of vehicle pool material on par with the US Armed Forces while still being distinctly unique I.E. the Rattler is very much like an alternate take on the A-10 Warthog but with a few additional tricks, and it's a throwaway excuse for giving Cobra goons standard-issue laser guns.

19. Hazekiah

Hazekiah Banned

News Credits:
    I'm sure it's not so much a matter of the powers-that-be not WANTING Bay to make a G.I. Joe film as it is Bay simply not being interested in the first place.

And, yeah, it was hardly "black on black" with the Star Harvester. More like "very clearly tons of Cybertronians building it together as a few humans looked on from a distance," lol.

And, yes, the featurette was AWESOME!

Moar, plz.

20. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    He's not giving up the chair for Transformers.

• Like Like x 1