SPOILER THREAD for those who watched Predacons Rising

Discussion in 'Transformers Cyberverse and Cartoon Discussion' started by Wrecker217, Sep 14, 2013.

1. Predicon

Predicon Well-Known Member

The cover art they're using for the Predacons Rising DVD is pretty silly considering that Prime and Predaking don't even interact in the movie, or even see each other.

2. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    But Megatron wasn't trying to kill anyone!

Once he learned that Unicron only wanted his body as a vessel and would keep him prisoner as he was for an eternity and destroy the home he still loves, Megatron did everything he could to obstruct Unicron's advances--when Unicron realized what Megatron was up to he put him in stasis.

Unicron, being a god and all, to his powers for granted. He didn't beat his attackers until they breathed no more, he didn't need to. He only needed to break their will. Primus was his goal anyway.

3. LegionMaximus

LegionMaximus Well-Known Member

Regarding Knock Out with the Autobot insignia, he's never had any insignia at all. And continues not to have one. :) 

4. hellrasinbrasin

hellrasinbrasin Well-Known Member

Remember Megatron's new body is fueled by The Blood of Unicron. Meaning that Unicron not only broke him Mentally , Spiritually but physically as well. He did so by leaving him in a perpetual state of never knowing when Unicron would take over his body again that and never knowing if he would die if he purged The Blood of Unicron from his body. His army is in ruin his blind pursuit of more power nearly led to the Destruction of his homeworld ... If that's not a reason to put yourself in a self imposed exile I don't know what is.

5. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Megatron has no Spark.

If it were possible to remove Dark Energon from him completely, I assume he'd die.

I'd still like to see this Megatron to be something like Magneto when he joined and led the X-men, especially now that Optimus is gone (though I think that red spark that was dancing around on camera just before the screen fades to black was, well, his spark being set free).

6. Vaikyuko

Vaikyuko Transmetal

I liked it -- finished it a few minutes ago.

-New Megatron design was a bit goofy at first (pretty clearly supposed to be Sharkticon Megs in some shots, but the model is so wildly different that you'd need third party add-ons to make the RID Voyager work for it), but grew on me.

-Loved Darksteel and Sky Lynx, so much I want their toys now, simply because they were portrayed exactly as I hoped: total bad guys till they get put in their place. Predacons as being honorable and having their own sense of right and wrong, much like BW Preds, instead of just being fodder. Sad there's no in-universe Ripclaw, tho.

-Enjoyed the plotting on multiple sides. Hated Shockwave's minimal role and how he gets glossed over more than once. His "death" drove me nuts too, I was sort of like WELL THERE GOES ONE OF MY FAVES.

-Knock Out is awesome.

-Prime dead? Yay!

-Unicron in a jar? Hilarious. I laughed for a sec when it happened. Priceless when a timeless, unstoppable god gets stuck in a mayo jar.

-Megatron's new leaf was unusual and a bit sudden, but I liked it. It allows the revival of Megatron with a very different theme, and no doubt may be relevant in the future (Megatron, the Autobot-aligned? Ties in with some hints of TF4, possibly... ).

-Some speculate Optimus may be reincarnated and if he is: Optimus Primal Mk. II? It's not that far fetched, and with the emphasis on the Beast Hunters in the BH line we may be getting a new BW style show. That would be super nice, and tie in wonderfully with all the new toys...but then, all the new toys also sort of hint that such an event may never happen by simple virtue of the fact that Hasbro probably doesn't shoot itself in the foot very often (if at all), and the new toys do exactly that if they plan to release a BW style show.

7. hellrasinbrasin

hellrasinbrasin Well-Known Member

Yes Megatron does have a Spark its its... Remember in Beast Machines when the polarity of Megatron II's Spark was inverted making him incapable of staying within a "Shell" the same concept here with The Blood of Unicron. The Blood of Unicron revered the Polarity of Megatron's Spark into a Negative sum. Meaning that while his spark lied within an astral plane where in it was subjected to Torture in a place where Time has no Meaning.

8. Burningsirius

Burningsirius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I thought Unicron being purged from Megatron meant all the Dark Energon left his body. He was essentially revived now sporting a funky look. It would be funny if he called himself Galvatron and turned over a non-insane leaf of randomly helping people throughout the universe.

9. electronic456

electronic456 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My opinion on PR

Here's my thoughts:

It's good to see Bumblebee in a leadership position. Back then, I thought he was just too young to handle things. Well good thing, the movie proves Bee is mature and smart enough to lead the Autobots.

Darksteel and Sky Lynx were a good addition for Predaking's company.

Absolutely enjoyed KO in this one.

I guess the absence of characters like Soundwave and Airachnid leaves us fans to imagine about it ourselves. Same with Starscream and Shockwave's fates. Not too nit-picky here.

Megatron's decision to abandon the Decepticon cause just gives me a sense of mistrust towards him because of what he has done.

UM was pretty left out of the movie unfortunately.

Even though the ending was said to be based of BM, which I don't like. It's powerful for what Optimus did. He decided to sacrifice himself for future generations.

Overall, I say its around 7/10 for me. I would have been fine if Deadlock was the conclusion of the series though.

10. ISleepNow

ISleepNow Detrimental Robot

all good points..

while I would tend to agree I would add only if they don't waste them the way they did the Terrorcon army

11. Wrecker217

Wrecker217 There's a 50 character limit to titles. Now you kn

News Credits:
    You stay.

I go.

No following.

:cry 

12. Delta One

Delta One Banned

Really!! Generation 1 !?!

13. LegionMaximus

LegionMaximus Well-Known Member

Wait, no categories other than "God Tier" and "What Were They Thinking"? No middle categories?

14. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If he still had a Spark he would not have been dead. When he died, when Bumblebee drive the Star Saber through his chest, the purple light fueling his existance was extinguished.

I suppose his Spark and Dark Energon became one--he was alive when Starscream and Soundwave found him after all, but he was dead without it; his Spark was on its way out, and was left of it has been consumed by Dark Energon--He's the Fallen now:eek: 

Should he die again, however, I doubt he'll join the Allspark as he's Sparkless.

Is it possible good deeds could grant his spiritual self passage, as it did Dinobot in Beast Wars? I guess we'll have to wait and see, but whatever the case, I want to see the story move forward! No one do overs, Hasbro!

Bring on the next villain(s)!! Quintessons,please, though I'd be okay with the Vok or the race of aliens Furman introduce, the Swarm, was it?

Black Zarak would also be nice change or even another Decepticon general. One who refuses to bow down to defeat, and begins the battle anew: Death Saurus or Over Lord.

I'd still like to see this Megatron brought back to lead the Autobots, like Magneto did with the X-men. It'd be nice to see Megatron atoning for his previous actions that destroyed his home...and possibly earn the Matrix of Leadership legitimately:eek: 

I think it would be cool to see him and Optimus talking via the Matrix from time to time, though I wouldn't be against Optimus coming back either--Hasbro isn't going to kill Optimus, Bumblebee or Megatron (at least not permanently).

15. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Problem is though with the Megatron bit, he can't become a Prime as the Matrix of leadership is no more. Now on the future leaders would have to lead base on personal experience and knowledge, not being guided by some device in the chest.

Also, Megatron could of had his spark restored as a side effect of Unicron altering his body. Hasn't been the first time a spark was restored in the body of a dead transformer.

But ideally Optimus Prime remains gone as a physical figure in the series universe now. Between the movies, comics, and classic style lines, they can still have him active in some fashion without being active in a tv series. Same goes with Megatron, he shouldn't be very active in a new series. Maybe every once in a while he could appear, but that should be it. The best thing for him now is to remove himself from any kind of leadership opportunities. Let me put this way, would it be smart for somebody recovering from alcoholism to get a job at a bar? No, of course not.

I rather see somebody new lead the Autobots, somebody like Springer. A leader that is clearly removed from what Prime would do. Prime being more reserve, Springer being more open with what he thinks. Perhaps have Bumblebee as the veteran of the team. Maybe bring in a TFP style G1 Predacons, that Shockwave could of created prior to leaving the Decepticon cause. All it would take is some Earth animal DNA and merge it with the CNA of a robot. Maybe they could create the Tripredicus Council, since the Predaking name is taken.

16. Sunstreaker92

Sunstreaker92 Autobot

I still think Dinobots were planned for S3 and PR, but Bay had laid claim to them therefore they had to be cut.

17. Sunstreaker92

Sunstreaker92 Autobot

Would have been really nice to have had a seen at the end with all the G1 characters reborn in prime. Like Hound, Prowl etc etc.

18. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Dinobot storyarc still continues for Prime. I'm sure on the last issue, Grimlock will learn of Optimus' sacrifice and change his attitude towards him.

19. Snaptrap

Snaptrap Field Commander

I was hoping to see something like that. While it was probably cost prohibitive to introduce new CGI models, I'm still not sure why they didn't have Prowl/Bluestreak (Smokescreen model), Tracks (Wheeljack model), Skyfire (Skyquake/Dreadwing model), or ones based on Knock Off, the Vehicon, and some other models.

20. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Keep in mind guys, 4 years ago when we first learned about Transformers: Prime, we were told it would act as a new generation G1. At the end of Transformers: Prime Predacons Rising, Optimus did hint that this is just a beginning. From the IGN interview, I believe Roberto Orci hinted that the next animated series will continue in the same universe. I speculate it’s a new era; No Primes, No Decepticons, Plenty of possibilities to test new ideas. No matter how much people bash them, I believe the producers are on the right track. Hopefully they’ll deliver a great show. As far as I know, it’s in production and we’ll hear more by the end of this year… hopefully.

Transformers Franchise will never truly die… merely Transformed.