SPOILER THREAD for those who watched Predacons Rising

Discussion in 'Transformers Cyberverse and Cartoon Discussion' started by Wrecker217, Sep 14, 2013.

1. exoduselita

exoduselita CHRIS HUMPHRIES!!!!

That ending was disapointing. All well. Optimus always dies, this time for good.

2. hellrasinbrasin

hellrasinbrasin Well-Known Member

Like Mr. Anderson/Neo in The Matrix Orion Pax/Optimus Prime in Predacons Rising returns to "The Source" upon completing his purpose.

3. Shortwave

Shortwave Autobot fembot

OK saw it now.... was that it? what about the Shokwave and Predacon lab thing we kep getting?

4. The F.N.G.

The F.N.G. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I had the same thought. Certainly looked like a Cybertronian amusement park.

This one? I'm pretty sure it was for the toyline, and not the actual show.

5. rapid_fire

rapid_fire TFW2005 Supporter

Watchin it right now, cool so far :D 

6. hellrasinbrasin

Why do you hate a duo that understood the characters and their world in all its multiple iterations that crafted what's arguably the best Transformer Title since The Beast Wars/Beast Machines Titles.

Yes Optimus Prime is dead his spark however has been recycled and released to be reborn.

I'm thinking that the Autobots will keep tabs on him so unless he starts stirring up trouble they really have nothing to worry about.

7. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Shockwave is loyal to Cybertron, I doubt he'll start up trouble now that the conflict is over. I think he just followed the Decepticon cause only because they had something he agreed with. Now that the leadership is gone, why go on?

8. EnergonWaffles

EnergonWaffles Autobot's Head Chef Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Shockwave will probably be creating more "creations." Once Predaking finishes getting revenge on Starscream I bet he'll find Shockwave and convince him to keep going.

9. hellrasinbrasin

10. Cha Chi

Cha Chi Minimondomayhem

News Credits:
    I enjoyed it and thought it was good.

But it should have been called Terrorcons Rising. Predacons Meandering. Main gripe. For such a big thing as a movie the lack of very much outside of anyone from team Prime was disappointing, no mention of the stranded on cybertron and no peep out the bots who left and are meant to return almost makes the entire who ha insignificant.

Grimwing and Skylynx are massive, i don't think Arcee mass shifts so much but the Predacons clearly do and are much taller than Shockwave. No toy scale accuracy there then, atleast it doesn't feel like it.

So i guess the Predacons live and will perhaps wind up the main bad guys from now on, hard to see where they go with it all next...

In the end i find the title Beast Hunters and Predacons Rising different from the actual story, it is marketing mainly and the story a bit stretched.

11. Cha Chi

Cha Chi Minimondomayhem

News Credits:
    Maybe i take that last bit back, but i do feel alittle short changed of some Predacons somehow.

12. AgentAlabama113

AgentAlabama113 Wily Old Buzzard

But the whole goodbye scene was a perfect ending point. Granted, i loved that Hasbro did this, but i think they could have ended then. Of course, I'm still gonna watch it on Oct. 4th, as well as probably buy the dvd. I really loved it.

13. LegionMaximus

LegionMaximus Well-Known Member

Speaking of Shockwave, I noticed when he figures out who "Megatron" is and whispers "Unicron", the edges of his eye go dim (out of fear, I assume). Nice effect!

14. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    Just got through watching it.

Mixed. is basically my feelings on it. It's like they try to cover everything with everyone, and at the same time not doing that at all (if anyone can understand where I am getting at). Like a misplaced epilogue.

15. rapid_fire

optimus dies again... lame

16. solarstorm

solarstorm Well-Known Member

I enjoyed it. However, I'd like to point out one thing to those who think Megatron turned too fast.

In the movie, they reference that Prime and Megatron joined up to stop Unicron, establishing an ability to meet a common goal. Megatron's eyes widen and he is pleased when he realizes and states that Optimus revived Cybertron (they shared this goal regardless of all the other differences). Then you have the movie worth of torture, the near destruction of Cybertron, etc... all brought largely BECAUSE OF MEGATRON and the war. Don't forget that there is a moment of focus where Megatron realizes that by willingly taking the dark energon, he's sold his soul and given Unicron this opportunity. Not to mention Megatron can see that at lease one of his men (Knock Out) was with the Autobots and could work alongside them.

It isn't a stretch to believe that so much in such a short amount of time could force Megatron to seek a better path....the movie just doesn't emphasize these moments like it should have.

17. CybertronianFan

CybertronianFan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wait. The repeat of Optimus' death is lame, but having Megs come back again doesn't phase you at all? :rolleyes2 

18. rapid_fire

coming back to life = zombie = cool
    dying is lame

19. hellrasinbrasin

But its the Cybertronian Circle of Life man :
    Birth, Death, Rebirth.

20. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    A better finale then the last episode was and more entertaining then the series has been for quite some time, it still was pretty far from any sort of excellence.

Far too much of the plot was "Because", leading it to remain a shallow series.