SPOILER THREAD for those who watched Predacons Rising

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by User_93049, Sep 14, 2013.

1. User_93049

User_93049 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    NOTE: NO SPOILER BARS WILL BE USED. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

NOTE 2: NO LINKS TO TORRENT SITES OR STREAMS

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/trans...read-tf-prime-episode-links-torrents-etc.html

On to the movie...

I torrented the movie and just finished watching it, and it was awesome. The ending reminded me of the end of Beast Machines a LOT. Optimus dying to plant the seeds of the future? Gee, where did I hear that before? :rolleyes2 

Didn't like the fact that the Allspark holder was what they used to trap Unicron. I wanted swords and even more epic punching.

Also, NO HUMANS.

Oh, and run time was 1 hour 5 minutes including credits. Expect it to be the length of three episodes.

2. Starscreamownz

Starscreamownz Air Commander

News Credits:
    I actually liked Starscream's demise. He had this coming for a while.

3. harlequinz eg0

harlequinz eg0 Member

only gonna say one thing, knockoutimus prime ;D

4. Starscreamownz

News Credits:
    I love how Magnus just lays there like a cripple for the rest of the movie after Darksteel and Skylinx basically tear him 5 new rear ends.

5. EnergonWaffles

EnergonWaffles Autobot's Head Chef Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Wait so...Optimus dies, Starscream dies, Magnus is a cripple, Knockout becomes a Prime? Huh?

6. harlequinz eg0

harlequinz eg0 Member

and megatron and the predacons are good guys at the end

7. User_93049

User_93049 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Magnus got better. Starscream probably got better. As for the age of Primes, it's over.

8. EnergonWaffles

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    And Ratchet? he just gets left on Earth?
    And Megs changes his character?

9. Starscreamownz

News Credits:
    Well it's more complex.

After the battle, Megatron regains control of his body after Unicron is sucked into the Allspark's Coffee Thermos. While under the control Unicron tortured the hell out of him and showed him true subjugation and was like "Hell. What have I been doing" and then he told Starscream that the decepticons are over. He then takes off to points unknown as Starscream tells the bots "Well. It seems we all have been given something to think about" before flying off to Darkmount where he plans to restart the Decepticons in his own image. However Predaking, Skylinx and Darksteel arrive and surround him. Predaking gives the best damn retort to Starscreams cowering and they all corner in around him. Basically implying they kill his shit. It was beautiful.

Optimus, in order to keep Unicron from the Allspark, merged the Allspark with the Matrix of Leadership. This means that in order to return the Allspark to the core, he himself must hand over himself to the allspark. Nobody becomes Prime though because the Matrix itself must be surrendered. "Leadership can be earned with or without the Matrix." Saying that they all in some small way have each acted like a Prime.

Nah they have Ratchet come to cybertron to heal Magnus after he gets turned into Timmy from South Park. Magnus is even in a wheel chair.

10. EnergonWaffles

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    I'm shocked they did away with Optimus in the Aligned Universe. I guess that explains the PRIME part of the series' title...it's literally the end of the Primes.

So the humans aren't referenced or seen at all? Wow.

This sounds like an ending that needs a sequel or a continuation. *hopes*

11. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I have it preordered, I'll still buy it so the entire series is complete, mainly for my daughter, but I wasn't impressed.

It felt like the longest 65 minutes...seriously.
    I found the lack of the kids to be quite annoying, actually. They opened the show, they should've been a part of the closing of it.
    I liked Knock Out's role in all of this, he had a conscience, just needed a chance to use it.
    Megatron just will not fuckin' die. FFS.
    Optimus dying was not the ending I was expecting. I thought he'd give his spark in a last ditch effort during a fight, not after the fight was over. (Smart move with the container, though.)
    It was nice to see that the Autobots, Decepticons (I.E. Vehicons) and Predacons could finally find a common ground.
    I was so surprised to see Shockwave's demise. I was impressed to see him get killed off. Added some real weight to this. .....and then he yet lives, just beaten to hell. -_- (I thought that once a character dies, they stay dead? Yeah, such bullshit.)
    Nothing mentioned of Airachnid or her horde of Insecticons. -_-
    Overall, there was too much going on, and too many loose ends to try and tie up in 65 minutes, but while they tied up a lot, they left a few good ones open. For no good reason, since there will be no continuation.

*sighs* What could've been. Still, it wasn't terrible, it was better than Relic Hunt, that's for sure.

Oh, and making Starscream the worst of the worst and giving him his comeuppance? Eh. I liked seeing Predaking and his brethren get their just desserts over on him, and he was a weasel, but Megatron was so evil. He should've died, too. His suffering in Hell (and that's what it was) was shortlived and not satisfying enough. Both he and Starscream deserved it and only Starscream truly received it. Boo.

I'll give it a C+

• Like Like x 1
  12. General Tekno

General Tekno Lugnut Supremor & Arkivist

News Credits:
    Well. I REALLY wish that most of Prime as a series had been paced like this. I'm AMAZED at just how much they were able to juggle in an hour in terms of plot threads.

This might be my favorite use of the core concept of Galvatron as a Unicron-upgraded Megatron, that said. It's clearly too early to tell given I'm coming off the high of watching it, but this may well be joining my list of top Transformers stories.

Also, if anybody goes and spoils this sucker in a public area without any sort of warning, they deserve to burn. Half the reason I watched this was essentially the inoculation factor of watching something before the internet spoils it en masse. And there's a LOT in here that I wouldn't want spoiled for others.

13. Shockwave9227

Shockwave9227 A real stand-up guy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I felt that it was a bit rushed and am a bit disappointed that it wasn't so character driven until the end. I will miss the series though!

I was actually pretty damn excited for Starscream's death. His character became utter shit by season 3 and he's done a ton of vile things so of course he's going to die!

Megatron's decision to end the war seemed like it was added at the last minute or something but hey, it shocked me.

I'd have never thought Nolan North would voice Sky Lynx!

It's sad that we won't ever find out what happened to Airachnid and Soundwave, as well as a bunch of other things.

14. Starscreamownz

News Credits:
    Indeed.

Shockwave never died. He simply was flipped over and beaten to hell. Kinda confused though because then he shows up and he basically convinces the Predacons to join the autobots. Then we never see him again. Could have put a credit scene of him still tinkering in a lab as always.

Oh and Knockout Joining the autobots. Basically they keep Knockout in a cell with the Decepticons who didn't swear loyalty (The ones who did were given work rebuilding Cybertron. We see this when they're building a landing strip for returning refugees under Bulkhead's command. Very funny imo). Finally Starscream makes it aboard the warship and frees them after escaping Unicron's undead army. He takes them to the bridge (and Knockout puts Smokescreen in the wall like was done to him in Inside Job) and there's a stand off with him pointing the immobilizer ray at Bee. Bumblebee tricks him though and tells him it's not the real one which lowers his guard for him to attack. Bulkhead and Arcee kill the vehicons and then Knockout uses the phase shifter to take the immobilizer from Starscream and hit him with it. Telling the bots "I told you I was joining the winning team" before Bumblebee goes "Knockout! We needed that". Where Knockout replies with "Wait...this really was the real immobilizer?".

15. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Oh yeah, forgot about Soundwave. Guess he is forever trapped in the Shadowzone. Like I said, loose ends that could've been tied up. Just too much going on in 65 minutes. A daunting task, to be sure. It'll look pretty on Blu-ray, but it would be nice if the story was, too.

16. EnergonWaffles

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Well, he'll die when his Energon runs out. Soundwave will be dying alone with nobody to talk to. Go figure.

17. Starscreamownz

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Shockwave9227

Shockwave9227 A real stand-up guy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Anyone remember when Optimus said "All beings deserve a chance for redemption" or something like that? The Autobots are hypocrites.

19. Hypershock

Hypershock Well-Known Member

well yeah, but you really think Soundwave of all people is gonna be the one to turn away from the decepticon cause? They're giving the others a chance, are they not?

Who voiced Sky Lynx and Darksteel, just curious

20. EnergonWaffles

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    I'd assume his chance was when Optimus had him in the base and asked him to help them. And Soundwave pretty much said FCK YOU and shut himself off, then kidnapped their medic.

I would love to see Soundwave's reaction to the new Megs. Would he actually continue following Megatron or not?