Fan Art: Spliting Deluxe Movie concept BB head

Discussion in 'Requests' started by magmatron, Sep 30, 2008.

1. magmatron

magmatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So I'm working on my first real custom, and I need to remove the front plate of BB's head to remove the clear plastic, but its seems to be welded. Is there anyways to take it out?

2. autobot5599

autobot5599 Active Member

Trust me I have no idea.

3. dyingwill3rd

dyingwill3rd Life is a fabled mystery

put tape over the clear parts then paint. that's what i did when i had to repaint Cliffjumper

4. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    You can also use silly putty to mask off the eyes, it conforms to odd spaces pretty well.
    If you must separate the head, I suggest following along the seam CAREFULLY with your hobby knife or a jewelers saw(my preference in this case). Go slow and have patience, once you've got decent separation, insert the edge of your hobby knife into the seam and slowly and gently try to pry it apart.
    Upon reassembly you may need to sand the seam a bit to get it nice.:thumbs2: 

Also ask yourself why you are retaining the eyes. Painting them blue (or red) can be very convincing also! Do you want to retain the light piping? you will have to make sure you don't paint the back of the head (the blue part). But then If you are taking the head apart you will likely be trying to save the light piping feature.