Spielberg Wants Bay to make Transformers 4, Bay is considering.

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by reave, Dec 2, 2011.

1. G1 Paul 81

G1 Paul 81 Active Member

if you are willing to take what they throw at you then go on with it. i like my transformers stuff handled with respect.

2. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Bay needs to stretch is arms out a bit and clear his mind from robots for awhile so he can refresh his motiv & inspirations. Let the man breathe for a minute lol

3. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I get into a lot of the making of when it comes to movies so if it's like most movies it goes something like this.

An artist is hired to be the character designer for the film. Using the script and reference materials they attempt to come up with a design they think the director is going to like. So for a film like Captain America the designer would look at some of Cap's World War II designs since that's where the script says the story is set.

The design is then sent to the director to either approve the designs or suggest changes they want to see. On Lord of the Rings Peter Jackson didn't like the first Gollum designs which looked a bit zombie like so the designer went back and we got the Gollum you see in the films.

For a film like Transformers once Micheal Bay says yes that's what I'm looking for then the designs go to ILM so they can go from concept art to CGI model and copies would go to Hasbro so that the toys can match the look of the movie character.

4. Stepper

Stepper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yah,is about time he rest & let the other director take over TF 4,LOL

5. einis

einis Want some candy?

News Credits:
    That's exactly why I love them

6. 0MEGATR0N

0MEGATR0N Robot/Gladiator

TF4 should take place on cybertron,no humans,just transformers.

7. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Somewhere along the line, Hasbro approves the design as well.

8. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

You know, I always find kind of funny how close Spielberg and Bay seem to be, like Spielberg wanting Bay to make another movie, or Bay's story of how Spielberg dropped an F-bomb when he saw Devastator, or that story of Spielberg laughing at the yard scene in TF1 and saying how Bay just spent half of the movie's budget in a sliptsick scene scene.

At times, you can almost picture a buddy cop show with those two.

9. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    He choose to listen to Stevie Boy a bit to much some might say with his childish sense of humour and his Father & Son issues Speilburg's not really an ideal judge of anything if taken in isolation if you don't have an awareness of his character traits.

At least Mr. Katzenburger helped Don Murphy in getting the Decepticons to speak (Not a lot I notice - but some).

I do still feel a slight sense of embarrassment to admit I'm a Transformers fan now which I never felt before 2007 - I'd not say it to either a Movie Fan or a Comic fan though as neither the Movie or the Comics are something I wish to associate myself with or have associated with me.

The Last thing I want to have is a 'Casual' conversation about either with a non-fan both of them make me Face palm.

It's like saying you liked Batman in the 1970's or early 80's Before the Movies go made or after the first couple and before the reboots . People would think you liked Batman for it's 'Campyness' if you were looking at it at those points. Because of 60's Batman or Batman & Robin. But then I'd be slightly embarrassed to say I liked Spider-Man these days too. That is probably not the case with Iron Man or Captain America as at least the Iron Man & Captain America movies are a reasonably fair representation of the characters and the Thor Movie does not embarrass itself.

I can't say the same about the Bayverse.