Spiderman 4 news (SPOILERS, do not read if you haven't seen Spiderman 3 yet)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ra88, May 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. David

David Here for a good time, not a long time TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    or maybe they could be the only thing keeping him alive like some cyborg. could make him crazy again so close to death only to keep living.

2. JD

JD Well-Known Member

LOL It'd be funny if the producers decided to keep the body dead and just have the tentacles dragging it along.
    Police1: "What's that smell"
    Police2: "Smells like a rotting corpse"

3. David

David Here for a good time, not a long time TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    could introduce marvel zombies the movie haha

4. Weltall

Weltall TFW2005 Supporter

skeleton is clearly visible, kinda hard to come back from that, but I wouldn't complain.

[​IMG]

5. Matrix Soul

Matrix Soul Skull 4 reporting in!

News Credits:
    Where did you get that screenshot?

6. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Please...not Harry because the way Spidey 3 ended, Harry "left" the series on a high by redeeming himself.

7. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Check this:

http://www.freezedriedmovies.com/blog/index.php?/archives/64-Exclusive-Spider-Man-4-Villains-Revealed...-Already!.html

"When Spider-Man 3 was being prepped Sam Raimi and Columbia Pictures tried to hold the announcement of Venom for as long as they possibly could... confirming the news just before Comic Con in July of 2006. But here we are, the day Spider-Man 3 hits theaters, and your good pal here has the skinny on who you will see in Spider-Man 4 - with or without Sam Raimi (hater of all things symbiotic).

Before I hit you with the news, let me make it clear that we got this news from a 100% reliable source working on the film. He's the one who told us Venom was the villain in Spidey 3 and nobody believed us. So here you have it, the biggest announcement of 2008... NOW!

Our regular scooper tells FreezeDriedMovies that plans are underway for Spider-Man 4, which were (obviously) set up in the third film. In the third entry, Dr. Curt Connors (played by Dylan Baker) looks at a piece of symbiote with Peter Parker. The movie then travels along it's path without another mention of that "piece" of symbiote. This is the set up for Spider-Man 4 where that small piece of alien symbiote becomes CARNAGE. Yes Cletus Kasady is coming to the big screen, one of Spider-Man most horrifying and evil villains. Not only with Parker have to deal with the red lean mean killing machine, but Connors is set to become the long awaited LIZARD! these two villains have all been CONFIRMED for Spider-Man 4. There is talk of the Black Cat making her first appearance, but that's all but official."

I wonder how valid, if at all, it is. It certainly would make sense, it's all perfectly set up. Black Cat would be too random for my tastes though, and I still hope they just leave Carnage alone.

8. trebleshot

trebleshot www.Toyark.com Veteran

News Credits:
    Just saw the film tonight (awesome!), so here are my thoughts:

Can't be Doc Ock because he was killed in 2, and we didn't see a true flashback of his death in 3, like we did for Norman.

Which leads me to Norman and the whole "flashback death" thing. He doesn't "appear to die" in SM3. He died in SM1 and other characters remembered this death. He was buried, just like Harry. So it's not Norman, either. Otherwise, what's to stop Uncle Ben from coming back? His death was relived at least 3 times through the movie via flashbacks.

Regarding Harry - I too hope that Harry stays dead as well. If they do decide to bring him back, at least have him become the Hobgoblin or the Demogoblin. Because Norman for me will always be the Green Goblin.

Sandman - He's not it, either. He didn't die in 3. He just left.

My vote goes to Venom, much to Raimi's chagrin. Yes, we see his skeleton but as others have said, that can easily be written around. Plus, it would give them a chance to bring Carnage into the movie world. And of course bring the Lizard, since he's been a tease this whole time. That brings us to 3 villians again.

9. Rod

Rod No Silly Robot User Name

As long as theres no song and dance number like there was in 3, another movie wouldnt be bad.... plus venom needed more screen time

10. JD

JD Well-Known Member

Both Carnage and Lizard? So long as they don't have a super villain team up it might just work.

EDIT: God bless pirate releases :p 

[/QUOTE]

11. Dinotron

Dinotron AA2010 13-15 AUG BE THERE TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    what did i say?? see post 51 i spelt kasady wrong.
    and i still aint seen the movie yet. it's just obvious...... same with xmen2 you knew who was gonna be in it. :D 

12. Ktulu

News Credits:
    If Carnage is indeed in 4, that would answer the "returning villain" aspect if you consider the symbiote itself a villain, which I most certainly do.

13. Dinotron

Dinotron AA2010 13-15 AUG BE THERE TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    if you know the cartoons, it seems to me logical that they would do it that way.

14. Boo

Boo Addicted to candy canes.

Ebay:
    But... there was no actor that played the symbiote. This interview about the return was given by the actor that played... whichever character.

Has to be Venom and Brock, though. Sure, we see his skeleton. Sure, all we see left is a smoldering piece of ash. But, I'm trying to remember exactly how Dr. Connors explained the relationship with between the symbiote and host... I seem to recall him saying that the symbiote consumes the host so completely that they become almost impossible to separate. We see that Spider-Man healed even faster than usual after bonding with the symbiote... he was stabbed right through the stomach one moment, completely healed the next. The way i take that, all that really needs to "survive" is a piece of one or the other... and you still have both. So basically, I think the whole regeneration shing is the way tehy'll go.

15. Spartan-117

Spartan-117 Well-Known Member

I'd like to see Carnage. So far we haven't had a really evil villain that has physically dominated Spiderman. Everyone has either been driven insane by science accidents or things of that nature so they've got some redeemable qualities. They also have a bad habit of kindnapping MJ and hatching elaborate plans for one reason or another.
    However, if you put an inane serial killer into a symbiote suit, you've got none of that.
    It'd be cool if they brought back Venom at the start and had him go up against Spiderman for maybe the first quarter of the film then bring in Carnage who just wants to kill everyone and convincingly whips Spiderman. Maybe make him need to absorb the Venom suit for some reason, like the way Venom has to absorb the last fragments of the suit in Spiderman's bloodstream in the Ult Spidey game. That way we could get something of a team up, which would be totally awesome.

16. Ktulu

News Credits:
    I'd really rather them just leave the symbiote stuff alone, especially in 4 so it won't be in two films in a row, but I know there's no way they will. It doesn't matter I suppose, I'll wait to see how it's handled before I start complaining.

17. Jersey_Steel

Jersey_Steel Realist

I hope they dont have 3 villains again, I felt like they tried to jam too much into one movie in 3. They had to introduce everyone and how they got how they were, and then explain the black spidey suit and in between all that we get kinda lame team up fight in the end because we have too many main characters.

18. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    i think it'll be venom...and i hope they dont go into carnage and the lizard. i want carnage to wait for the 5th movie....the next one could have lizard and mysterio, and maybe even kraven (though i really dont like kraven) and then the 5th could be carnage, then the 6th would be the sinister 6....

19. Ktulu

News Credits:
    Kraven is too silly for the movies imo

20. trebleshot

trebleshot www.Toyark.com Veteran

News Credits:
    I agree, but if they handle it the same way Ultimate Spider-Man did, he would be treated as a laughable punk villian and gets his ass handed to him. Then they can bring on the main baddie to pound on Peter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.