Spiderman 4 news (SPOILERS, do not read if you haven't seen Spiderman 3 yet)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ra88, May 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brandon

Brandon This is important work.

I would think then it would probably be Venom. As far as Harry goes, I'm not exactly sure what else they could do for the character. And if Harry were to come back, I wonder if people would question that, "If Harry can still be alive, why isn't Norman back after having a similar injury?"

2. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Drawings from Argentina! :D

News Credits:
    It has to be Venom. I too think that he was able to escape the explotion in the last second. ^^

3. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    More importantly, how did Harry get out of his grave?

4. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    They need to give us The Lizard imo. If the cast has any chance of remaining the same anyway.

5. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Note that the ACTOR said that he will be returning in Spiderman 4 as the same character.

6. Cy-Kill

Cy-Kill Slackers unite...tomorrow

Alright, maybe Eddie survived the blast somehow, perhaps by the suit taking the brunt of the force or something. I don't know, but I find it to be important that Connor's lab still has a piece of the suit. Several scenes featured Connors experimenting and studying the material, and then suddenly it's not mentioned again, so I feel that's something that could come into play in the next movie. Maybe that's a lead-in for the appearance of Carnage or something.

Realistically, it makes sense for it to be Venom. If the material in Connor's lab is "forgotten", the character and suit is one of the things in Spider-Man's history that is necessary for the creation of several later characters (Carnage, other symbiotes, etc.), unlike Doc. Ock or the Sandman, who were independent of other characters or storylines.

7. Keiichitron

Keiichitron Not a physicist, dammit

Ebay:
    they could go the ultimate spider-man route and use the scraps left with doc connors and some of spidey's blood to make carnage....

8. Mister D

Mister D Bloosh Compatible TFW2005 Supporter

Well, there could be more than one Brock in NYC. Could also be that Brock did some brief freelance for them at the time but wasn't much of a regular until recently.

As for who the dead man walking will be...

Venom is pretty easy. He's a popular character given a brief role in this film. While I am not the biggest fan of his and see limited story potential, it's hard to deny the marketing potential. And that explosion and the symbiont could cover up his escape. Comic villains have survived worse.

Harry? Not likely. His story finished on a good note, and unless I missed something, he's dead in the comics too.

I vote for Norman (who WAS in this film albiet in VO and brief flashes). He died just as he did in the comics, and he came back then too. Moreover, the use of Mr. Butler opens up a door - he treated Normans wounds, and we know from Harry that the goblin formula speeds healing. It could be Norman was kept alive with the help of Mr. Butler, and with Norman's resources he could have found a substitute corpse for his funeral. It could be he's been recovering in some hidden room in his mansion, and those voices Harry heard may not have been all in his head.

9. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    *Ahem*

"Who appears to die in Spiderman 3." Norman died in the first, therefore, while being an excellent thought, it's not completely correct.

HOWEVER.

Replace Norman with Harry, and you may be on to something.

10. JD

JD Well-Known Member

Guys, in the first movie I'm pretty sure the name "Eddie" is only mentioned, not "Brock". But anyway, I'm too am guessing he survived the blunt of the explosion somehow and was propelled elsewhere by it's force. However, if this is going to happen, they need to give us some extra scene uncut in the regular release DVD to link the movies - seriously, they do did it in the first two movies, they didn't they do in the third?

And yeah, Norman Osborn as another possibility.

11. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Not really.

He died in number one.

12. NemesisPrime

NemesisPrime Banned

Carnage!!!!!!!

13. JD

JD Well-Known Member

Technically, he was shown to have died in SM3 in the opening credits and in some flashback sequences. Technically. ;) 

14. Boggs6ft7

Boggs6ft7 TFW2005 Supporter

It would have made more sense for Venom to be defeated the way he was in the book adaptation.

The steel rods are still there, but they make the suit melt off of Eddie when they fall from being tied up above.

The Venom story was a real let down in this movie.

15. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I liked his death in the novel better.

The symbiote melted him, leaving only a skeleton when it came off.

16. CripNite

CripNite That Whack Canuck Dude

News Credits:
    Yeah, Venom's "death" was one of those comic book deaths... no body, no death. I completely believe that Venom is still alive and should either be back in a sequel (with his "offspring" and more explanation of just what the symbiote is) or get his own spinoff.

Goddamn but that was a good movie.

17. Atomsplitter

Atomsplitter Needs a new title.

Venom might come back, but no way in hell should Eddie. You freaking see his skeleton, which even then gets vaped.

If they do bring him back, i'll be even more letdown.

18. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    I hope and pray it's Venom. There was definitely a skeleton in the middle of the pumpkin bomb explosion but they could easily explain it away by saying a piece of the symbiote got away and it had enough of Eddie's DNA to regenerate him. It's a very weak and cartoony excuse but hell, we're talking about a franchise that centers around a kid getting spider powers for god's sake.

If the above happens, they could leave the door wide open for the fragment of the symbiote in Connors' lab to become Carnage. I'm definitely on the bandwagon hoping the see the Lizaqrd in an upcoming movie too. I grinned when Curt Connors only had one arm in Spidey 3:) 

19. Atomsplitter

Atomsplitter Needs a new title.

He's only had one arm through all the movies, i'm pretty sure.

20. Keiichitron

Keiichitron Not a physicist, dammit

Ebay:
    yeah, he's had one arm since Spidey 1...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.