Spider-Man: Homecoming

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Prime17, Feb 10, 2015.

1. UltraPrimus56

UltraPrimus56 In the ruins of paradise

Can we all just roll around in the fact that Spider-Man and Iron Man are in the same movie together? I mean, sure there was Civil War and everything, but this just feels a lot more special imo. I guess it's just surreal seeing Spidey finally home in the MCU.

2. Darker

Darker The Lord of the Dark

News Credits:
    I hope you're not saying some of the other Spider-Man movies weren't well written.

3. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    The first Raimi was fine for the time, but doesn't hold up well today. The second movie wasn'tas good as the first and they spent way too much time on making Peter whiney and his powers just stop working because he doesn't want to be Spider-Man doesn't make sense. They're both good movies, just not great ones. Oh, and MJ got worse in each movie.

The first Amazing was also pretty good thanks to the chemistry between Garfield and Stone, but the plot was generic as was Lizard.

Again though, they both screwed up Peter or Spidey in some manner. Tobey's Peter was great, nerdy, but too old looking. There was no way in hell Peter was only 18/19 in those movies. Also, his Spider-Man wasn't great as he barely ever made quips. Garfield's Peter was the cool kid pretending to be a nerd. On the other hand, his Spider-Man was great as he taked his shit when he took on the bad guys.

I don't think I need to talk about the garbage that was the third Raimi or second Amazing movie though.

4. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody!

Ebay:
    Keaton makes an amazing bad guy, Desperate Measures is great proof of it

5. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Its not Ganke, its Ned Leeds, the guy that becomes Betty Brant husband in the comics and gets killed right after being framed to be the Hobgoblin.

Maybe Chitauri tech, as its been confirmed that the movie will include the Tinkerer, using Chitauri tech to provide criminals their weapons.

6. Starscream 91

Starscream 91 Mech With A Mouth

News Credits:
    Even though Spider Man is my least favorite Marvel hero I am really liking the looks of this one (I do enjoy the Garfield movies and a bit of Spider Man 3). Of course I was going to see this anyway since its set in the MCU but still... And hey more Tony Stark! That is always a plus.

7. iamste

iamste Well-Known Member

Well his characterisation is that of gamke- down to the Lego (unless that's peters and he didn't know he'd be in his room)

8. MetalicGrunt

MetalicGrunt Rust Proof Commando

News Credits:
    I'm thinking some of the tech will be recovered Iron Man suit parts from the clean slate protocol at the end of IM3.

9. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    I love the International Trailer even more.

Is that Shocker? Yes, yes, it is!

10. Destronus

Destronus Ay up

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Does anyone just like this because Tom Holland is young and is not being played by a adult when spiderman was just a school kid ?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    I found the international trailer WAY better and more engaging. Looks pretty good as expected, but I don't know... I think I'm still suffering a little bit from Spiderman solo movie fatigue. I'm sure that'll change once I see it, though,

12. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

While I've read some of the complaints on-line personally I loved the trailer.

I like the look they went for since the eyes on the costume can show expression. I'm perfectly okay with Peter Parker being really young and all the high school stuff that will be go with being a nerd at his age. I like his friend. Cool tech and a cool Vulture costume. Just so much of the old Spider Man stuff that I love like trash talking the bad guys but enough new stuff that it feels really new and like a fresh take.

Then again I'm really bias since I've been a Spider Man fan since I was a kid and discovered re-runs of the old cartoon series and when Spider Man would show up The Electric Company.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Starfire22

Starfire22 :D

News Credits:
    Who is his friend? Reminds me of that guy from the Miles comics that is his friend. (The fact that he had a LEGO set helps too)

14. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    That moment when you realize Keaton is Vulture and how cool it is and then remember MCU is gargabe for villains and suddenly I think this is gonna be okay at best again.

15. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Its the MCU version of Ned Leeds

I wont deny that, as they could've easily pulled ideas from Ganke for the MCU ver of Ned.

16. User_93049

User_93049 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Homecoming is the Ultimate Spider-Man in all but name. I love it.

[​IMG]

"Identity Theft" that's hilarious.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Autoboticon

Autoboticon In like a Bot, out like a Con

Seeing how Spider-Man is different with morals and most likely scenarios, I don't think we'll have a villain death in this film. We have 3 more films for spider-man and I would take a guess they'd build up his rogues gallery. Spider-man is much more villain sociable then other Marvel Heros, like Batman, he has connections to them and is built off of them. I would take my bet is that they'll just be sent to prison at the end to be saved for later.

I'm going to say these villains will be on par with Iron Monger, YelloJacket and Zemo.

18. PcPrime23

PcPrime23 501st Legion Trooper

News Credits:
    Yep. I don't see Vulture dying anytime soon. I can totally see Marvel eventually bringing the Sinister Six to the MCU and I would love that!

• Like Like x 1
  19. Decepticons

Decepticons B∆K. Bug-a-Boo Ghost.

News Credits:
    Vulture's design looks fantastic. I'm still so hyped we're getting him in a live action Spider-Man film. I hope he breaks the MCU's curse with villains being underdeveloped though.

Loving everything we've seen from Liz, Ned, and Michelle so far. I can't wait to see Peter fall in love with a black woman on the big screen.

It's also really cool that you see Bruce Banner': potrait pinned up in the classroom as one of the scientists. And I gotta agree with Incepticon that the international trailer felt more engaging and whole.

20. User_93049

User_93049 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    [​IMG]
    I love the internet.

• Like Like x 2