Spider-Man: Homecoming

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Prime17, Feb 10, 2015.

1. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Garfield being canned has made me loose all investment I had in the movie franchise. Why should I watch another one when they might just reboot it if they have one bad sequel? Because rebooting something fixes all of the problems the previous movie had. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

I'm out. I am not even going to bother with Sinister Six because I see no reason to watch something that is pointless. Thanks for wasting my time Sony.

2. Blitz Wing

Blitz Wing Triple Threat

I love JK Simmons as much as the next Spidey fan, but I think they need to go with someone new for JJJ. I'm sure there are a lot of great actors that can do something great with the role and I trust Marvel to find that person.

3. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

That's priceless.

4. Autoboticon

Autoboticon In like a Bot, out like a Con

I'm up for Jackal with Tarantula and Spider King working for him as the main bads.

5. JazzIsBack

JazzIsBack Well-Known Member

So is it possible where they'll give it the incredible hulk treatment? Show the origin through flashbacks but with enough in common it could still fit?

6. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    I want to see Kraven the Hunter. At this point there is nothing but anticipation.

7. Autoboticon

Autoboticon In like a Bot, out like a Con

Guys, what about a Chameleon, Mysterio team up for the villains?

8. Shadowwavepool7

Shadowwavepool7 Life's suffering slave

I'd be down for that. They're both slippery little eels. Though if Chameleon shows up I want him to be Kraven's half brother like in the comics.

9. MasterZero

MasterZero Taking a Break

Honestly, if they updated, they could just show half of the Unlimited Spider-man opening.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_85l8sBlPk

Peter Parker was a nerd, dropped a nuke on his hand, Spider-man.

10. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Spider-man' origin can be told during the opening credits scroll, as they did almost exactly that in Spider-man 2.

11. UltraPrimus56

UltraPrimus56 In the ruins of paradise

Or people could just do a quick Google search before the movie starts. Kidding aside (mostly), an opening credits sequence is the only way I could see the origin working, and not feeling tacked on or forced.

12. unsnaggedtea76

unsnaggedtea76 Well-Known Member

I wouldn’t mind if they did the origin like a flashback at the beginning. For some reason though, I want the Uncle Ben death to be flashback used later on in the film.

Same here. There is just something about Andrew that makes him a better Spider-Man.

I don't think Feige is going to be too happy with that.

13. Omega Supreme V

Omega Supreme V The token Asian one

I don't care what anyone says, I liked Unlimited Spidey, and his costume during it was AWESOME. Sonics for the symbiotes, stealth...although not the cape. Weird that they had Mr. Fantastic make it though.

I have to say it kind of sucks that Garfield won't finish his trilogy set as being the Webhead, he did a good job, I liked that he was able to make good cracks while fighting, that's Spiderman, I'm glad Marvel's going to make Spidey somewhat relevant again. Maybe NOT go with a high school kid? And TBH, I don't want a Miles Morales Spidey just yet.

14. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
  15. PcPrime23

PcPrime23 501st Legion Trooper

News Credits:
    They should just do what Spectacular Spider-man did with the origin story.

Or

Do what The Incredible Hulk did.

16. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Or have a funny bit with Stan Lee. In Stan's cameo, he is in a scene with Spiderman and says 'Hey Spidey, isn't how you became Spiderman..' At that point Spiderman says "we've heard it enough, OK." and swings off.

17. Chris James

Chris James Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wasn't the biggest fan of the Webb series but having said that, that's a pretty sour note for that story to end off on. Why do these Spidey series never have a satisfying ending?

90s, Raimi's, Spectacular, and now Webb's.

18. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm INCREDIBLY happy Spidey's added to the MCU. Not sure if he needs his own solo movie, but I'll take it. Can't wait to see him hanging out with the other Avengers :thumb 

Yeah, I hope they'll do just that. Especially after the Andrew Garfield reboots, is there anyone in the world who doesn't know Spider-Man's origins by now?
    No need to waste another movie on the origins. The Incredible Hulk skipped that part as well.

I had a thought, that's either been brought up already, or will make me end up at the stake for heresy: I love love love Peter Parker, so I hope he will appear in...Civil War (that's been officially confirmed to include Spider-Man in a way now, right?).

But what if the actual Spider-Man movie can be about both Peter and Miles Morales? I don't want Peter to die, and I don't want Miles to replace Peter/become the MCU Spidey all by himself, but I don't really need a standalone Spidey movie either.

Would love it if they also introduce Miles so both characters can do some spider-manning, especially during Infinity Wars.

I absolutely hated Amazing Spider-Man 1, but after holding off on seeing ASM2 for so long, I finally got around to seeing it a couple months ago and...I thought it wasn't nearly half as bad as people said it would be. I kind of liked it.
    So now I'm kind of bummed that Andrew Garfield will not reprise his role as Spider-Man...I thought he was absolutely perfect both in acting and looks*. (and this is coming from a person who thinks Raimi's Spider-Man 2 is one of the best superhero movies ever <3)

*I think it did suck in ASM1 how Peter's already a pretty 'cool' kid, but as soon as he gets his powers..yeah, Garfield's perfect.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2015
  19. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I thought Andrew was a great Spider-Man. However, I thought Toby was the better Peter.

20. User_93049

User_93049 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Someone would like a word with you.

[​IMG]

Spider Man 3 doesn't count though, right?