Spider-Man 3D 2012 - News, Rumors, Speculation

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by kronos, Jan 11, 2010.

1. iwasherenotyou

iwasherenotyou Medical Officer

News Credits:
    You're not the only one but many of us here, including me, loved the movie.

2. iwasherenotyou

iwasherenotyou Medical Officer

News Credits:
    Does anyone think the guy who played the mysterious figure could be Michael Douglas? It sure looked and sounded like him.
    EDIT:Nevermind I looked up who portrayed him.

3. terry981

terry981 Well-Known Member

I didn't find it good either. I hope the sequel does better because, imo, its not off to a good start.

4. Pauly T

Pauly T Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    While it's true that the reviews have been mixed, both the positive and negative reviews I've read have had the same general consensus that ASM has way more character than action. After that, it's just up to the tastes of the reviewer.

ASM is a note perfect character study of Peter Parker. Garfield does a remarkable job of grounding his emotions in reality amidst all the comic book action going on. If you're a fan of Peter Parker, I honestly can't see how you couldn't like this movie. It's as close to a Marvel Studios Spider-Man movie as it could be.

And for anyone concerned about it being "too soon", ASM is a totally different style of movie. Raimi's Spider-Man is like Burton's Batman. ASM is like"Spider-Man Begins".

5. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

I saw the film last night and honestly I think its damn near perfect, only thing I would have liked to but didn't see was Harry Osborn but that is a very minor thing, the casting was perfect, everyone had their character spot on as far as I'm concerned, even liked how they handled Flash.

6. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    I found it average. I liked some stuff, but hated other things.

I will start off with the Lizard... Yes, I know there is a version without a snout, but I wasn't pleased with it. I couldn't get over the damn head, I didn't think the rest of the body was bad, but the head? Goomba city. Also, help me out here, was the whole "other person/second personality" ever into play with Lizard before? All I could think of is Osborn from Toby Spiderman.

The web shooters were clever, but the fact that he could just up and buy a case of web cartriges that were conveniently produced from Oscorp? It would get obvious after a while. I am disappointed that you didn't see him refill the cartriges like in the comic.

While you got Spidey hunting down the guy who looks like Bens killer, what is with him being a smartass about it? He starts the ordeal off as pissed off about it, but wants to be playful at first to the guy who MAY be his uncles killer? "TEEHEE! You may be the one that killed my Uncle! Look at what I can do, look at what I can do! Oh, you don't have a tatoo, guess you are ok! TEEHEE!" *webslings off*

And once again, you got Spidey revealing himself to a bunch of people in the first damn movie! The cops that were with Gwens dad, I am counting here. Not to mention Gwen, being "ignored" by Peter, what's to stop her from just rambling off who he is. Or in the school, he is walking around without the mask on. What if someone walked around the corner, than boom, the whole school knows!

They really didn't make Pete look "nerdy". He looked more like a outcast than anything.

Is the shadow man supposed to be Norman? Conners split personality?

7. DJPrime39

DJPrime39 mUnKY

i seen this film on the opening day, and this easily ranks as my favorite spiderman film.... but if u watch
    the 1994 spiderman cartoon, when the lizard first appeared, it share some similartys with the film [/spolier] just a heads up

8. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Drawings from Argentina! :D

News Credits:
    -I only know the animated versions but in none of them The Lizard talked to himself. I already said that split personality could play well as this formula will be the base for the Goblin formula in the sequels. ;) 

-I think the school was evacuated by then. Plus I think he cant be with the mask all the time, like takes it off from time to time to breath. Silly but works. :p 

9. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW SpongeBob and TTV's MS 2.0

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I think that who it is.

10. megapork

megapork Cheese

Well Webb pretty much debunked,
    The Man in Black being Osborn himself, But leaves it to either be connors still being crazy or an Oscorp Representative

11. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I agree with you. As entertaining as this movie was, Raimi's first 2 films were much better. This film's tone is more serious than the Raimi's films and IMO takes itself too seriously.

The best superhero movie for me is still the Avengers, The Dark Knight Rises, followed by Rami's 2nd Spidey film.

Again, I agree. This version of Garfield was way too cocky than Toby's Parker and seems to have an attitude problem. Even while being raised by his uncle and aunt, Toby's Parker was still more cheeful. IMO Garfield's Parker was more of a douche bag.

The appeal of the Spidey comes is that despite Parker's troubles, he still has a positive attitude and down to earth kind of guy.

I also can't believe the poducers made him reveal his identity so soon and to so many people. Peter letting Gwen know of his secret identity was far too fast and the build-up to that reveal was way too fast IMO. The build-up to the 2 leads wasn't as good as the previous Spidey movie.

[/QUOTE]
    Lizard was meh. Emma Stone should be Mary Jane. I'll buy it on Blu-ray to try to warm up to it.[/QUOTE]

I seriously found the CGI for the Lizard terrible. While the body amd movements of the Lizard was good, the face looks so er, fake. In fact, some of the effects were pretty bad. A good example was the burning car etc.

There are still positives about this movie:

1. The serious tone;
    2. The changes and tweaks to the Spidey mythos for example, the robbery leading to Uncle Ben's death and Parker's parents;
    3. Spidey looks more lanky; and
    4. The fights were pretty creative

12. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    /\ # 2 Indeed.
    They make Petes parents out to be international spies who got burned or something. Had to be eliminated because they knew too much. I couldn't get over that in the beginning.

That's what I figured. I just didn't think it made as much sense with Lizard.

Gah, I can't get over what I didn't like in the movie. It is severely out weighing the goods.

13. -Superion-

-Superion- Well-Known Member

You have seen TDKR already?

14. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oops, I meant TDK! Serves me right for checking out the latest Hot Toys Batman toys while I was posting! LOL!

15. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  16. CripNite

CripNite That Whack Canuck Dude

News Credits:
    This movie was great the first time I saw it ten years ago.

Seriously, it felt like a huge rehash. And I thought the ball was dropped big time with the Lizard's character. It could have been a parallel story to Peter's if they had included his wife and son but instead left them out entirely (dr connors was wearing a wedding band but that's the only allusion to him even having a family).

Oh and they forgot the most iconic line in Spider-man lore. What a let down.

17. foxfan352

foxfan352 Well-Known Member

The movie was alright. But it did lack the famous line I don't know why it they didn't put it during the ben parker speech scene. Also no daily bugle job and since when is spiderman a skater? I do remember in a one of the spiderman games he says he got through school selling grip tape.

Any ideas who the guy in the last scene is?

18. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Drawings from Argentina! :D

News Credits:
    Well, Peter will get his job at The Bugle for "Amazing Spiderman 2". we already saw a glimpse of it. ;)  So I hope Jameson is as memorable as the one from the Raimi films. ;) 

19. Janitor

Janitor Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Pros:
    -action sequences were cleaner, and physics felt more realistic than Raimi's web-swinging
    -upgrade in several of the characters: Emma Stone as a better love interest, Martin Sheen was a solid uncle Ben
    -Denis Leary's good in pretty much anything so there's another positive
    -actual wed-shooters instead of just coming out of Pete's wrists

Cons:
    -lack of action in general. Fights and "big scenes" were few and far between, or just didn't exist at all
    -still kinda prefer Tobey to Andrew Garfield, althought tbh he wasn't that bad. Just not nerdy/awkward enough
    -a painfully miscast Sally Field (on par with Winona Ryder as Spock's mom)
    -the Lizard story as the primary villain was weak weak weak
    -Peter's skateboarding ways...to da most radical EXTREMEZ!! Still not has bad as Emo Parker in part 3 tho
    -every single character is by coincidence connected to one another (ie. Peter goes to school with Gwen, and her dad is also the police captain, and she also works for Dr. Lizard, who worked with Peter's father...)
    -WAY too soon for what amounts to be the same movie just a decade later
    -supposed 3D: biggest waste of my money since Avengers.

20. CripNite

CripNite That Whack Canuck Dude

News Credits:
    I figured it was going to be in the voicemail he had left for Peter and play at the end. When it wasn't said I was like "wtf? How could they omit that?"