Spider-Man 3D 2012 - News, Rumors, Speculation

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by kronos, Jan 11, 2010.

1. bsutton1

bsutton1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I caught a matinee late this afternoon. Plus, it was $2 popcorn day. :) 
    I thought it was really good. Alot better than Sam Raimi's version. Garfield did a fantastic job as Spiderman; far better than Tobey McGuire. The action was alot faster and more fluid; the way a Spiderman film should be.
    Where was Jonah Jameson? Is he not in the Amazing Spiderman comic book?

2. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just saw it and found it to be a very mixed bags. I really enjoyed the action scenes and felt Andrew Garfield did a good job as Spider-Man. The post-credits scene wasn't too good and I hate how they're obviously sequel baiting with the specifics on what the relationship is with Peter's parents/Osborn/Connors. The movie also felt a bit disjointed at times, like there were some scenes missing to explain changes in motivation (specifically for
    Connor just deciding to go ahead and turn himself/everyone into Lizards and Spider-Man pretty much giving up on the hunt for Uncle Ben's killer
    I did enjoy Stan Lee's cameo as always, though I did prefer the Spider-Man 3 one over this.

3. Bort826TFWorld

Bort826TFWorld OOGA CHAKA

News Credits:
    The whole disappearing thing makes me think a different route completely.

Mysterio.

Enjoyed it very much. Especially compared to the Raimi films, which I have grown to hate over the years. It's by no means the Avengers, but a good movie at that. There was a lot more realism in the relationship between between Peter and Gwen, compared to the annoyingly passionate romance of Peter and Mary Jane. Peter's a realistic nerd, instead of the caricature made by Maguire (who's about as "relevant as Nicholas Hammond to me now" as my father said).

Solid 8/10.

4. millerman3732

millerman3732 I remain unconvinced.

News Credits:

Maybe,
    I read some where someone suggested that it might be Electro since he appeared and disappeared when it was lightning, could have been a vision though I guess.

Like I said I'm no expert in the matter but that seems a bit of a reach, I don't recall any thing that suggested that type of thing but I guess with all the other stuff that went on its possible.

5. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

Are you kidding? Oscorp was chock full of advanced futuristic looking tech. We've got computerized keypads to seal off restricted sections from unwanted intrusions with touch pads that almost look like something out of Star Trek.

We've got a giant shimmering photo of Norman Osborn in the central lobby that looks like a three-dimensional projection of some type.

We've got even more three-dimensional projection capable pieces of equipment in Connors' lab.

The place is just oozing high tech stuff you'd never see in this world, at least not for another twenty years I'd wager. And you think it's a bit of a reach for
    Norman Osborne
    to have projective technologies capable of sending his image into Connors' jail cell undetected?

I just don't think it could have been anybody else, I mean we saw the person's hand, they did a very decent close up of it. And considering all the talk of frail heatlh and dying and the fact that the hand looked like something was up with it health wise I can't understand why some people would think
    Mysterio over Osborne, the clues and hints were all there in the dialogue during the film and the whole Oscorp having advanced tech kind of deal
    . But I've gone on long enough about why I think it is who it is.

Here's some other aspects to discuss.

The Score: James Horner did a bang up job with the score for this film, I just re-watched the first Raimi film earlier tonight due to a need for more Marvel Movie fix and I really can't stand the Danny Elfman sounds like Tim Burton's Batman score for the original trilogy... Don't get me wrong, the score for those movies was quite impressive, but Elfman is a bit of a one trick pony when it comes to his musical cues.

While the music done by Horner doesn't sound like it could fit in with just any super hero film.

The Telling of the Origins: Compared with Amazing I feel Raimi really did a much slower reveal of Peter's abiltiies. On top of that he tended to gloss over a few things, I mean he never even explained with any type of visual aide or dialogue why the hell Peter suddenly has spinarets conveniently located in his wrists.

Designing the costume does take a bit more time than what Amazing did, however, and I can't stress this enough. I don't remember Peter Parker ever having any talents as an artist on the magnitude that we saw in Raimi's film. It's like he's some kind of Rembrandt or something. I know it was a way to get work from actual comic artists into the movie, sort of tying it back in to the comics, but I just don't feel that Peter would have made his costume by drawing these kick ass pictures of Spider-Man when Spider-Man didn't even exist yet. And why would he make a picture of Spider-Man posed like he was about to shoot webs out of his wrist?

Any costume designer isn't about to make a picture of their design work in some silly action pose on the Catwalk or something. It was a bit of a silly move.

And I'm totally picking apart everything and nitpicking it to death. Sorry about that guys.

The dated effects in Raimi's Spider-Man don't help either, I still think that Amazing captured the fluidity of movement much better. The final battle with Gobby in Spider-Man was just a brawl between two super strong characters, there was no ingenuity, no creativity, nothing that screamed, Spider-Man. Spidey is quick on his feet, he improvises, he doesn't just brawl his way to victory. The fight scenes in Amazing are much more fluid and less stilted, they aren't staged I guess is what I'm getting at, while Spider-Man almost feels like you're watching the battle on a Broadway Stage or something.

6. millerman3732

millerman3732 I remain unconvinced.

News Credits:
    I don't know man, nothing about that scene said projective technologies or hologram to me.

7. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have to ask come on it totally sounds like Willem DaFoe's voice in the credit scene does it not?

8. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That crane scene was cheesy as all hell.
    But at least it wasn't as cheesy as a lot of the other scenes in the previous three movies.

9. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

News Credits:
    Nah. I recignized the voice but couldn't place it.

And I really enjoyed this. I don't want to say it was better than Raimi because SM3 really made the others less desirable by it's sheer awfulness. However, besides the lazer webshooter and first person swinging, it was really entertaining.

And Garfied played a great young awkward Parker.

10. jazzbot180

jazzbot180 Dino-Bot

Just got back -- really enjoyed it! The performances were great, Andrew, Emma, Rhys, Dennis, Sally, Martin & Chris were all great. When I got at the theater the previous showing just ended and we asked one of the guys how it was he gave it two thumbs up and said it's way better then Raimi's films.

I could'nt take the previews, I just wanted this film to come on!

Move over Tobey Maguire. Thank god we didn't get a SM4 with that Vultress idea.

9/10

11. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    I saw it today and thought it was great. There are plenty of nitpicks I have with it and things I would change (the only fairly major things are the absurdly unnecessary Spider-man POV sequences and the Lizard's head) but overall I enjoyed it very much and find it superior to the prior three in every way.

12. a person

a person Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Great movie! Not sure if I liked it more than the Avengers yet, but it was very good!

13. Cyber-Scream

Cyber-Scream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, the mid credits scene is leaked on Youtube. Decided to watch it even though I'm seeing it tomorrow.
    That's gotta be Mysterio. Wouldn't make any sense to be anyone else..

EDIT:
    After watching it again it almost gives me a Morbius vibe.
    It will probably make more sense once I actually see it tomorrow.

14. Optimus_Prowl

Optimus_Prowl Koruption_Kosplay

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Well this movie had parker placed in high school still so no reason for him to.go.out and get a job at the bugle. Therefore no jonah. Hell prolly show up next movie.

15. RipCurl

RipCurl Well-Known Member

News Credits:

It was explained in interviews coming up to the movie that Connors kept turning back because it was like a high for him. E.G Drug use. How he had both hands and how it gave him an awesome rush and power

16. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

Saw it last night. It was enjoyable, but nowhere near as good as Raimi's work. Bar the effects which were great, everything else about it was merely serviceable. It felt quite soulless and by-the-numbers, the villain was, outside of the action scenes, poor. The best thing about it was probably the Stan Lee cameo which was inspired and the Spidey effects, which were all pretty great. They nailed it really well.

Not terrible, I didn't come out mad like they'd slaughtered a sacred cow but I think the really interesting Spider-Man stuff is what happens out of the costume and it all just lacked the spark Raimi managed to inject into all those scenes in his movies.

Also; no James Franco. F that in the A.

17. bsutton1

bsutton1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ok. That makes sense. If Jonah is in the sequel, I hope they bring back J.K. Simmons for the role. He did a great portrayal of JJ in the Raimi movies.

18. jazzbot180

jazzbot180 Dino-Bot

19. Rodentus prime

Rodentus prime Old Git

News Credits:
    I thought it was a solid film - all the cast were good to watch (I even hope we see more of Flash) and Gwens storyline is going to be hard to watch... They're definitely weaving in elements for the next films but at least it seems planned and not random.

20. sh002

sh002 Banned

i'd love for simmons to come back. library scene was funny.