Spider-Man 3D 2012 - News, Rumors, Speculation

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by kronos, Jan 11, 2010.

1. Sky Ray

Sky Ray Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Finished the first two Raimi Spider-Man movies to get me pumped (skipping the third), and now just got my tickets; I'm ready for tomorrow.

2. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    Saw it tonight. Some cool stuff, but overall the previous trilogy is superior. 3D was good only for 3-4 scenes.

3. Cyber-Scream

Cyber-Scream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Your comparing one movie to an entire trilogy?

How was the Lizard?

4. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    Did you catch the end credit scene? What was it about? I missed out when I went to watch last week :p 

5. cheetorBWORG

cheetorBWORG Cheetor Fan

News Credits:
    I did manage to see the show tonight, early even cause I went to an 8PM showing. Saw the end, but as to who the mysterious person is... Even I don't know... The scene was too dark and could see the face clearly.

6. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

end credit scene? another "wait until the credits is over" scene again? i am getting sick of having to wait in the credits for a short scene afterwards... :lol 

7. Star Saber

News Credits:
    In fairness, Marvel has recently moved the scenes earlier up. Like in Avengers, they appear right after the director and actor credits. I'm not sure about the Spidey one though :p 

8. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    even though this is not a MCU Film, is there an after-credits scene here or not?, dont tell me what happens, jsut a simple yes or no

9. Zeta Otaku

Zeta Otaku Who ya gonna call? TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    there is a mid-credit scene. Just one. no need to wait until the complete end of the credits.

10. Star Saber

News Credits:
    Care to post the details? With spoiler tags of course :) 

11. 0ptimus__Prime

0ptimus__Prime Autobot Commander

News Credits:
    Great movie! I really enjoyed it.

12. Xanis

Xanis Plastic Belt Connoisseur

News Credits:
    I really liked it! As of right now I'm liking it more than the first Raimi movie.

But one thing did bother me... I'm not much of a Spidey comic reader so I thought one of you could help me out.
    Who was the guy in the "post"-credits scene? The one who showed up in Dr. Connor's cell. Is he a character from the books that has eluded my Spider villain research?

13. Shelbo

Shelbo Hur hur

It was a fun movie; my friend and I enjoyed it a lot. I just wish the Lizard had a snout.

And Andrew Garfield is so cute.

The thing the bothered me the most is how Peter got pretty beat up by the Lizard and had tons of scratches and cuts that looked serious, yet he didn't look like he was in that much pain. I don't know about you guys, but if a giant lizard-man had dug his claws into my chest, I would be crying/ trying to get some medical attention and not trying to make out with some girl....

14. Star Saber

News Credits:
    What did he look like and say? I had thought it was the same person who threated Connors earlier in the movie, and grabbed a sample of the Lizard formula to test at the hospital

15. jazzbot180

jazzbot180 Dino-Bot

Seeing this tonight, so stoked!

16. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    Lizard was great.

Visually, the new Spidey is better, but character-wise, Tobey's Spidey/Parker was more believable. Same with Mary-Jane vs Gwen.

17. jazzbot180

jazzbot180 Dino-Bot

Without giving any spoilers away, how long is the scene with Lizard & Gwen?

18. dkr7

dkr7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Decent reviews, gonna take the missus to see it tomorrow then

19. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

Ok, are all of you that unobservant? Norman Osborn is trying to cure himself from some sort of sickness that is never explicitly named, hence why he's working on genetics so badly with Connors and Parker, so obviously the dude at the end of the credits whose hand looks a bit... Frail and decrepid we might say, has to be Norman Osborne. GOD how can you people be fans of Spider-Man and not get that? It's like the most obvious thing in the world when you pay attention to the dialogue throughout the movie. Do you need Willem DaFoe to be playing the part again to recognize who it's meant to be?

Wound up catching the 8PM opening last night, wasn't expecting it, but it was great.

To compare this film to the Raimi Trilogy is just... There can be no comparison. Seriously, I'm of the opinion that this Reboot is leaps and bounds ahead of what Raimi did. Sure Raimi was this huge fan of the Spider and told stories he wanted to tell involving characters who are quite famous, and so we had conflicting issues when it came time for his least favorite character (Venom) the be introduced/pushed on him to make the third film.

Raimi's directing style is vastly different from this one (Forgive me I've misplaced the name) and quite frankly this new director get's the frenetic action of the Spider-Man comics a lot more. The action in this film is faster, more intense and better executed as Spidey and others fight. I think I prefer this younger actor in the role as apposed to Maguire, the dude has serious acting chops, but Tobey Maguire as Peter Parker can't hold a candle to this new guy when it comes to how Spidey is supposed to act, react and think.

Not to mention they never got the humor very well, when this guy is joking around in the Spidey mask he sounds funnier and less stale, when its time to get serious, he can be really serious.

I wouldn't say the first Spidey Trilogy was the best ever of Spidey Interpretations, I wouldn't say this one is the best either, because we're not sure if it is even going to be a trilogy or not. However I would have to say that the new team has really taken this film franchise in a much more positive direction when compared to how the last film ended.

Raimi I think was just far too close to the character and what he loved about the so many years he was reading the title to really capture the full on essence of Spidey. It's hard to see people saying Tobey and Kirsten were more believable in a romantic lead, some of those scenes they did were never Peter Parker Awkward, but more like Clark Kent Lois Lane cheesy to the max. Especially when we got to the third film.

And here I am ranting like a madman on an internet message board, my apologies, I just can't believe that everyone who has seen all four films can lay claim to some odd notion that Raimi's take was superior to this one. The fluidity of motion and the style of filming web-swinging in this film is ten times better IMO, even if it is just because the technology advanced to such a degree that it looks and feels better. Personally I think this former gymnast (Garfield) just has a better ability to be limber while performing the role. Tobey Maguire, from what I recall as I haven't watched the films in a while, just looks... Too inflexible.

Everything is up to interpretation I suppose, however I'd have to rank Amazing much higher than Raimi's Trilogy simply because the look of the lead in the role works better than Tobey, and I feel confident in saying this because now we have two distinct actors to compare in the role and while Tobey may have had a lot more chops to pull off certain scenes and such, Garfield seems better suited for the awckwardness that is and has always been Peter Parker.

20. solarstorm

solarstorm Well-Known Member

I liked Amazing better than the original trilogy.

Things I liked:

1) The fluidity of battle. Spiderman leaps around, slides under, and swings around the Lizard in battle. The webs are used frequently, not just to tie someone up or to swing. The web slingshot is used quite a bit too.

It felt more like SPIDERMAN was fighting. Though he seemed very weak when hitting the lizard, who is stronger, but not so impossibly so. It looked like Spiderman hitting the Hulk. His punches should still resonate.

The best battle scene was the "silent library" scene with Stan Lee. The background battle was very fluid and graceful, an ideal Spiderman battle.

2) The structure of the plot. This movie was made as part of a larger scheme. Keeping the Green Goblin for a later film was a solid move - as each Osborn comment resonates with viewers who know the character. The expanding mystery surrounding Peter's parents was also a good setup for future tensions. Raimi started to do this in Spiderman 2 - then his plan changed and twisted, making Harry Osborne a side-plot instead of Spiderman 3's focus.

The end-credits scene seemed fairly clear to me, but the other character was fairly obscured in voice and appearance. On my way out of the theater, I heard someone theorizing that it could be the Jackyl. That would certainly be a twist - though I think it's the
    Green Goblin/Norman Osborn - given the frail appearance and the haunting voice. Though the voice sounded something like when Connors was hearing the Lizard's voice in his head in the sewer. The black outfit could be like an "evil" or "dark mirror" Connors in his own mind.

3 - The emotional ties. I don't feel Raimi's films were more realistic at all. Peter 's arguments with his aunt and uncle and the strain in their relationships seemed far more plausible than the saintly Aunt May. The scene where Peter flips out on Flash after Uncle Ben's death was great - as Flash was being held against the locker/choked and trying to console Peter and Peter breaking down when he sees Gwen. You could feel Peter's despair. The scene with the boy and the mask was good as well. I have two daughters. I can imagine them freezing up like that and know what it takes to coax a scared child into trying something. That was a really well-done scene.