Spider-Man 3D 2012 - News, Rumors, Speculation

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by kronos, Jan 11, 2010.

1. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    To be honest this is really on the meh side for me and out of all the superhero movies coming out next year this is probly the least interesting for me(I can't believe I'm saying this but the new ghost rider looks more interesting than this) that said I will see it and hopefully it will be good.

2. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

To be honest, if I had to rank the superhero movies I'm looking forward to most next year, I'd rank them as this:
    1. The Avengers- do I need to explain this one
    2. The Amazing Spiderman- From what I've heard so far, it sounds almost like my ideal Spiderman movie. I think the actors are good and I like the direction that they're taking the story in. It will be a darker and grittier movie, but it will still have some fun moments in it.
    3. The Dark Knight Rises- that's right, I ranked TDKR at number three. I was majorly disappointed with TDK when I saw it due to the massive hype. I still liked it, but I still think it is overrated. With a 250 million dollar budget, I really hope that this movie delivers in big ways especially in terms of story and action. The thing I'm really looking forward to most in this movie is the scene with the Pittsburgh Steelers.
    4. Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance- Don't get me wrong, I'm looking forward to this, but at the end of the day it will probably just be an action movie. I can't wait to see how awesome these action sequences look on the big screen. Plus, Ghost Rider will pee fire! Who doesn't want to see that.

3. einis

einis Want some candy?

News Credits:
    That's how I feel too

4. Rusty24

I think that it's been officially confirmed that Proto-goblin won't be in the movie, but his alter ego will be. If anything, I want to see him in a sequel as a secondary villain and then have The Hobgoblin kill him for all the technology. If Carnage and the Hobgoblin appear in these movies, then I can say that I'm perfectly happy if they do them right.

5. Optimus1986

Optimus1986 TMNT & Hulk Fanatic

Absolutely. The suit still needs a little work imo (it's probably a Mark I suit anyway and he'll update it in the sequels) but other than that, the tone makes me very happy as a Spidey fan.

6. WTDylio

WTDylio Where is Jessica Hyde?

News Credits:
    New teaser poster
    [​IMG]
    Not really fond of the "Untold story" tagline

7. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    More like "the retold story."

8. Rusty24

While The Untold Story tagline seems stupid, I think that the poster looks amazing. I might just buy this if I see it in a store.

9. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    ^This.

The Accurate one, hey we have Gwen Stacy...doesn't that count for something?

10. WTDylio

News Credits:
    Well they seem to be showing Peter's parents in this film, so I assume that could be what they mean

11. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    "The untold story." really?:lol  Even a 6 year old at this rate will probably know Spider Man's orgin by now! Nontheless I'm looking foward to seeing this and finding out what's it like. Especially how they will protray the Lizard!:D 

12. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I will say, that poster is great. Just remove "the untold story" and it will be excellent. People are not stupid, they already know the name of that guy who clings to walls.

13. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Buttstuff Werewolf

News Credits:
    That's a nice poster. Kind of shames the Dark Knight one. Shame the tagline is a little silly since Spidey, Bats and Supes have origins even my grandmother knows.

14. Rusty24

I like this more than TDKR's poster. This one is just so good and I like the idea. I also like how his limbs all touch the top limbs of the spider logo. TDKR's poster is nice to look at, but I could have come up with this one.

15. Rusty24

I agree. I understand what they're trying to say with the tagline (this one has a subplot with Peter's parents), but it more like a fourth wall breaking joke to the audience. It's still a terrific poster though.

16. WTDylio

News Credits:
    Well the official site has launched
    The Amazing Spider-Man - Official Site
    It states that Irrfan Khan's character is actually Dr Ratha, not Van Atter (proto-goblin), as we were previously told. If he's a doctor, maybe he's a colleague of Connors, perhaps he affects Connor's transformation somehow? I'm assuming he's still a bad guy

17. Rusty24

I'm actually happy that Proto-goblin isn't in the movie. The plot would just get so convoluted and it would take away precious screen time to develop all the other characters and make the main villain more menacing. We can all agree that one of Spiderman 3's main problems was too many villains. Heck, Two-face seemed kinda forced at the end of The Dark Knight even though he was set up terrifically and played fantastically by Aaron Eckhart.

18. WTDylio

News Credits:
    This is the funniest (if unofficial) fucking reveal of a villain ever

Oh, POSSIBLE SPOILERS BELOW

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Urrghhhhhhhhhh
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I know it's just a toy, but bloody hell

19. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Drawings from Argentina! :D

News Credits:
    Thanks for the pics!!! ;)  Now to discuss:

-I havent following every link of this thread so I havent see all set photos but for what I can see from those packagings: the webshooters are outside the Spidey costume? o_O  Looks that way in the image used at the bottom of the boxes. :S

-The white spider on the MegaBlock Spiderman: toy only or will actually be a second costume in the movie? Why cant the costume be the same as always? :S

-SewerLab: Lizard has a coat!!! :D  But his face is stil flat. ^^' Sorta reminds me to that episode from the 90's series where he had all his entire Lizard civilization in the sewers. Which leads me to guess about the SWAT Lizard of the "Oscorp Battle" set, random Lizard toy or Lizard will actual turn humans into monsters in the movie? O.O That will actually be cool and sorta scary to see in the big screen. I do like that. ;) 

Well, other than the Goomba face and the white on Spiderman costume, I have no real complains. ^^'

20. WTDylio

News Credits:
    There's even more merchandise on this site if anyone's interested
    Idle Hands: 2012 Preview: The Amazing Spider-Man Movie Merchandise
    The Lizard is honestly starting to remind me more and more of a Goomba from the Mario movie now
    EDIT: Now that i've looked at them closer, I REEEEALLLY don't like his eyes either, they're still human looking