Spider-Man 3 (MCU) - July 16, 2021

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by eagc7, Sep 27, 2019.

1. Arkimus Prime

Arkimus Prime Paleontologist Extraordinaire

News Credits:
    Dude, I forgot how funky some of those 'bots are. This might be fun.

• Like Like x 2
  2. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 4
  3. Nemesis Otaku

Nemesis Otaku Why did I un-ironically call myself an otaku?

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I still don’t understand why they would spill the beans that this is Spiderverse before the trailer. Seems like all the shock will be more “oh, so we know like 90% of the cameos” instead of “HOLY SH-“.

Still think it’s weird to get Spiderverse in live action this quick, but I guess I’m in the minority with that.

• Like Like x 1
  4. PcPrime23

PcPrime23 501st Legion Trooper

News Credits:
    I agree. It feels way too early. Not only that but this movie is suppose to be about Peter on the run and him figuring things out for himself. Now potentially he'll have the help of Tobey and Andrew? Kind of overkill

• Like Like x 3
  5. Nemesis Otaku

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Plus, people’s main complaints of the MCU’s portrayal of Spider-Man is how he had the aid of Tony Stark, but now that it’s Tobey and Andrew aiding him it won’t be an issue?

If anything, I feel like a live action Spiderverse should be the three Spiders getting thrown somewhere other than home and building off one another to stop the threat. In my mind, we should get that after MCU’s Peter learns everything he can in his trilogy.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Gaastra

Gaastra Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Reel rejects watches the video. Sony has removed the original video.

"Who do you love as spider-man?" "in spider-man 3 you don't have to choose as anything can happen in the mcu!"

So live action spider-verse!

7. PcPrime23

PcPrime23 501st Legion Trooper

News Credits:
    I never minded the whole Spider-Man being aided by Tony Stark. But wasn't really a fan of it. The point they were trying to make is that this Peter is still becoming Spider-Man and is growing up into an independant hero, the Spider-Man we all know and love.

Throwing in Andrew and Tobey is just stupid because like I said it's just too early for that and goes against his character development.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Some other time..

News Credits:
    Wait, WHAT? WTF DID I JUST MISS?

9. Scrapmaker

Scrapmaker Hadar Sen Olmen

Much as I'd enjoy MCU Spider-verse if they could make it good, I don't feel like now is the right time for it.
    Nor am I certain it's the wisest decision. Though it does line up with the introduction of the multiverse into the MCU (first through Endgame's method of time travel, and soon Doctor Strange will touch on it), so...Maybe...

• Like Like x 1
  10. WEEGEE

WEEGEE Cringe memer

News Credits:
    Typical sony forcing something cause one thing of theirs went right.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    No no no NO I don’t want a fucking live action Spider-verse yet just because it was fucking great in animation doesn’t mean we need to do it now

• Like Like x 1
  12. Omegashark18

Omegashark18 Combaticon turned Autobot

News Credits:
    Keywords “yet” & “now”. So you think that it should be done, just not till a much later date?

13. Jalen Frisby

Jalen Frisby BumblebeeLover

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Don't need a spiderverse rn, we're getting a sequel to a great animated film. plus Peter hasn't really held the two spider man films on the MCU on his own, so do we really need other spider mans, to hold it for him. yes, i do not care for the MCU spider man films

14. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    It could be done but later. Tom hasn’t even finished his own trilogy.

• Like Like x 1
  15. The Zingos

The Zingos Well-Known Member

This is exactly what I thought when I first heard these rumors about bringing in the previous Peter Parkers. The thought process was probably "We had success with this animated movie about the spiderverse, just think how big a live action spiderverse will be!" However they're forgetting the fact that the animated spiderverse movie was just a solid movie in general, it wasn't just the fact that it had multiple spidermen in it. Their probably just going to end up running the shtick into the ground to point where nobody will bat an eye at a "spiderverse" movie (much like the multiple Lego movies that were churned out in the span of a few years.)

• Like Like x 2
  16. SHINOBI03

SHINOBI03 Well-Known Member

Part of me wants to think this is all a marketing ploy just to disguise the real plot of the film.

• Like Like x 2
  17. WEEGEE

WEEGEE Cringe memer

News Credits:
    You mean like they did with Sam Raimi spiderman and Andrew Garfield Spiderman

• Like Like x 1
  18. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave Bounty Hunter

News Credits:
    Yeah, I hope this is because Kevin Fegie and co. want this to happen, and not because Sony is forcing it because of the success of Spider-Verse. I definitely think it would be cool to see all three of these Spider-men come together in live action, but I'm also a bit nervous that they're jumping into this too soon.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Nemesis Otaku

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    That’s something I’ve thought about for a while, because the more I think about a live action Spiderverse film, the less these rumors make sense. For example, I don’t remember ever hearing that Chris Pine was gonna be in the animated film, yet every rumor of an actor being tapped is plastered on the front page of every media outlet.

I know Sony has a bad history of getting stuff leaked, but there’s no way they’d make a movie that people have voiced interest in for a while, and then spill the beans on EVERY SINGLE CAMEO. That’s just incredible stupid, even for Sony. I have to wonder if this is like what they tried to pull with Venom, where they themselves were being coy if Tom Holland made an appearance or not.

And I hate to come off as ranting, but I HATE how everyone blindly follows these “leaks” when the sources are so shady. Like c’mon, you’re gonna read that the rumor originated from a YouTuber’s Patreon, and still have a straight face. I’m not trying to be an ass, but this is one of those instances where I have to see the finished product to believe a single thing that anyone has said.

I’m curious how the film does if it isn’t Spiderverse, considering that seemingly over half the planet thinks we’ll be getting a movie filled with cameos.

• Like Like x 2
  20. sifu74

sifu74 Banned

News Credits:
    I hope this Sony/MCU Spiderman dies off like Raimi's Spiderman 3 and we get a new reboot.