Spider-Man 2.1 (!?!)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Omnibus Prime, Feb 18, 2007.

1. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

2. butz

butz slippery when wet

Only part of the extra footage that has me interested is this office battle between Spidey and Doc Ock ... wonder what office we're talking about here?

3. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

News Credits:
    They did it with X-Men, they did it with Spiderman 1. God damn they suck.

I have yet to buy any second editing crap of any movie I already own. DD Director Cut, Punisher Director Cut, Spiderman extended, X-Men 1.5, Sin City. The only one I did pick up was Hellboy and that was because i didn't get it when it first came out.

4. Driftbot

Driftbot Well-Known Member

i bought the punisher extended cut and im really really REALLY glad i did.
    the added scenes help other things in the movie make sense.
    and it was cool to see the opening scene, even though it was a like a ******ed kindergardener animatic. at least they used bradstreet for the art.

but yeah all this double-dipping is starting to piss me off.

i'll pass on spidey 2.1

5. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

I never got Daredevil, but picked up the Directors Edition (that I still need to watch)

I've also never bought Spidey 2 (Have 1). I heard about 2.1 a month or so back, and planned on getting that.

6. Drake

Drake Smooth Is Smooth Baby

It's just another attempt at a quick cash grab before Spidey 3 comes out.

7. Enigma2K2

Enigma2K2 Robot In Disguise TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You'll be glad you did.

8. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

They did it with SM1? I dinna remember that. Extra footage or just more features and junk? I remember X-men 1.5...because I bought it. :redface2:  Never got DD, but when the extended DD came out it was only $10 so I just said 'what the hell' and got it. Never bought Punisher, but will probably pick up the extended one at some point.

Fuck the extended Hellboy cut though. I'm sure it's great and all, but I bought the regular one on day one only to find an ad for the extended cut staring at me from the insert. Feh. Coulda been a little more out there beforehand promoting it.
    Rodriguez essentially TOLD people not to buy the first version of Sin City. Although, given the technical feat it was, a bare bones 1-disc version available 4 months after it was in theaters was obviously not worth owning.

9. Driftbot

Driftbot Well-Known Member

lol
    i just remembered i bought the X3 special edition too.
    like your DD, i havent watched yet either hahaha

i remember was making fun of my friend for buying X3 when it first came out and telling him "you know they are coming out with an SE of that, right?"

its all a sales/marketing tactic. give people a reason to buy something "better" than what they have, and the majority will do it.
    "OMFG i have 5 ipods because they keep coming out with better ones!"

10. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

News Credits:
    Yea, it was a small boxset thing that had something for Spidey 2 in it. No idea what it was though.

11. Jetfireinthesky

Jetfireinthesky Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    All I wanna know is if this is the Sam Raimi Director's Cut that's been talked about ever since the first Spider-Man 2 DVD came out. I haven't gotten Spider-Man 2 on DVD yet because I'd always heard that Raimi was doing a Director's Cut. So after all this time this had better be it. Or else I'll...yeah.

The Daredevil Director's Cut was leagues better than the theatrical version. Why that dumbed down version was shown in theaters is beyond me.

12. alphie

alphie Veteran

News Credits:
    ChldsPlay here.

Yeah, I did not buy Spider-Man 2 for this reason as well. Though I believe at the time they released the first DVD, they were calling it SM 2.5, not 2.1

I just hope they release it on Blu-Ray soon as well.

13. Samana Rombuca

Samana Rombuca Well-Known Member

Studios really suck for doing this double-dip garbage. It's disappointing frankly, at least when done for the sake of simply adding! more minutes. I mean, DD, Punisher and LotR changed the movie, literally, in some ways. And when the regular and SE is available at the same time (Blade 3, Miami Vice, etc), I can swallow it a little, but this makes it like I bought an inferior copy of the movie for the same price simply for the "privilege" of seeing it early and now they feel like mocking my weakness. God its annoying! Although, Star Wars takes the cake, any. day. of the week... :peoples: 

14. ambushbug74

ambushbug74 Stroke me, Stroke me! TFW2005 Supporter

I heard the same thing about it being called 2.5, and I heard that last year after the initial DVD came out. I've found now that it's better to wait for the DVD atleast a year or so cause they always do this crap.

15. Mister D

Mister D Bloosh Compatible

Three, four years ago I could understand getting upset. But at this point, the practice is so common place you have no one to blame but yourself for being suprised by this (Fool me once... etc).

16. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Buttstuff Werewolf

News Credits:
    This has been in production for almost 2 years. Raimi stated in Wizard shortly after the theatrical release of Spider-Man 2 that he's going to do a special edition of Spider-Man 2, for DVD and it's going to be packed with bonus features that were never planed for the first (original) DVD release. It was supposed to be out last year sometime.

Anyway, really looking forward to this, maybe they'll make the movie half decent with some of the re-cuts.

17. Ogami Daigoro

Ogami Daigoro Blue Lantern Bearer

Actually the cake would belong to the Evil Dead movies released by Anchor Bay. I think they're on septuple dip or something now.

I'm on a personal policy not to buy new release DVDs unless it's an exclusive (ala the Steelbook version of The Departed) that will be gone in a week or has some other extras that will become rare. Most of the other stuff just gets cheap eventually. I will tend to bite then after it drops below $10. Or wait for the Deep Discount 20% off sales. And something like any comic-book or horror movie always has a director's/extended/unrated cut coming out, so waiting is the right game there.

18. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm still waiting for the 'Bells and Whistles' edition of Sin City to come down in price. I'm not paying $30 for it, but I'm not gonna spend $12 on the not-very-special edition.

19. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

I don't mind the double dipping when they announce that there will be a better version at a later time before the initial DVD is released. Such is the case with Spider-Man 2, so you can't really complain in this instance. I'm glad I waited. Now I'll get the good version, and it'll probably be available on Blu-Ray to boot.

20. JD

JD Well-Known Member

What...they do this with ALL movies? I thought it was only to fix crappy ones like DD. Goddammit!