Speculation: The Fallen

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by transmetal2dinobot, Jul 23, 2008.

1. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    i want it so badly not to be megatron.

2. transmetal2dinobot

transmetal2dinobot Sub-Commander

Ebay:
    same

3. Deadend

Deadend Spark of Creation

News Credits:
    I think it's an homage to the comic Fallen, but they could still do that through random weird means, including the fallen being an allspark overpowered megatron, or even the weakening barrier of the light and dark balance from the allspark being destroyed.

The fact that the Fallen will be in classics potentially with his own faction just suggests he's about to play a major role in various incarnations across the TFU. Unicron appeared in one series, and he ravaged the whole of many to come simultaneously, who's to say the fallen won't be similiar style marketing? The only thing we know for sure, is if a character is in animated, he won't get a fully original mold for universe right away(no shared shelf space unless extremely different like car to bike), unless he's repaint style, or has a variety of easy retools for others.

So potentially even if it is Megatron (which yeah, kinda sucks) I still expect a new mold of a character called the fallen in movie style. I prefer to hope it's a new herald or character freed by the weakened cybertron (no power means even the deepest prisons are now cracking, like sunstorm, among other cybertronian ubermensch mishaps.) or even the original guardian of the allspark who's just now sensed it has been destroyed after years of slumbering due to the initial crash into cybertron. (He gets knocked into stasis and buried, whereas the cube grants life to the planet to protect itself etc or whatever direction is chosen) many many many ideas can go any directions with this. Especially since the main theme is coping with being away from home, which usually means ancient surprises from the past. (Hated that in college, running into people I hadn't seen since grade school.)

4. Primus

Primus Beware, the modelers. Veteran

News Credits:
    In a recent interview Orci and Kurtzman were quoted as saying bringing back Megatron at this point would be "silly". Make of that what you will. I believe I saw the article on io9.com

5. Michael_Prime_2K7

Michael_Prime_2K7 The Crafty One

I'm feelin' Galvatron a risin'.

6. Autobot-Girl

Autobot-Girl is possibly insane

Onward! To Wikipedia!

7. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I can understand that Starscream might go back to Cybertron to bring
    reinforcment, but not for Megatron. Starscream should be happy that
    Megatron has fallen, so he can be the leader of the Decepticons.

8. Primus

Primus Beware, the modelers. Veteran

News Credits:
    Something tells me he would try to get the rest of the Decepticons to believe that they can go back to earth to restore Megatron or something like that to coerce their cooperation. Seems like Starscreams MO.

9. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    good idea, but i still hope they have the Decepticons splitting up.Soundwave leads the Megatron faithful, Starscream leads the others who are sick of his oppression. Decepticon civil war FTW!!!

10. jazz4ever

jazz4ever I'm turned on by numbers

triple same

11. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's Jazz, he comes back eeeeeeeevil.

12. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    I'm thinking that "The Fallen" could be a metaphorical reference to "the fallen" Megatron.

As for who leads who, Barricade would lead the Megatron loyalists, and Starscream would come flying back with his own armada. THAT is what the reference from the production of the movie of what Sam sees that drives him "crazy." He could literally be looking at many Decepticons, all flying right towards him.

13. Archaea

Archaea Autobot Archeaologist

Im thinking the Fallen is are all the Cybertronians period. Without the Allspark, Cybertron is now doomed, They've all Fallen. So in this instance the Fallen could refer to the dead or to Cybertron's fall into damnation.

14. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Old skool. In a lot of ways.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    "The Fallen" is confirmed to be at least loosely based on the comic character by Simon Furman:

Comic Book Resources > CBR News: CCI: IDW Rolls Out More Transformers in ?09

"It's interesting that the second movie is using this character called the Fallen, which is a character that we created back in the Dreamwave days for this big series called 'The Dark Ages' which tapped into what had gone before. So these names and institutions like The 13 are rolling on into different incarnations."

15. newguy

newguy i

I heard it stands for all that died in the movie

16. transmetal2dinobot

transmetal2dinobot Sub-Commander

Ebay:
    ah that article doesn't confirm it as the character the fallen
    that was based on speculation(much like this thread) based on the title

17. Starscream NZ

Starscream NZ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Uhh, yes it does.

"character called The Fallen"

"names and institutions like The Thirteen are rolling onto different incarnations"

Furman has a transcript of the film, this is confirmation of the character The Fallen being in the film.

18. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Oh wait I've figured it out. Rumors were saying at one point about Kup being in the movie so maybe Kup has some bad hip joints and he says "Help, I've fallen and I can't get up!".

19. ErechOveraker

ErechOveraker I'm with Plowking.

News Credits:
    I certainly hope it's just a metaphor for Megatron, and not the character from the comics. I'm pretty up on TF stuff, and I really have no idea who that character is since I never read the DW stuff, and I'm sure most casual TF fans are in the same boat.

20. Starscream NZ

Starscream NZ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Did that stop them making Blackout, Frenzy, Barricade and Bonecrusher in the first film, all 'new' characters?