Speculation: Party at Paramount

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by matrixprime, Apr 19, 2009.

1. matrixprime

matrixprime Just a guy who likes toys

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Has there been any more information posted about this. I know that Stan Bush is going to be playing, but other than that it seems to be kept relatively under wraps. Any ideas?

2. transformers32

transformers32 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I can only wish that they show us more of the movie but with it being a month before the real showing i doubt it. I hope it is something great for paying $50. Wonder how many ppl are going to it?

3. matrixprime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    This. While I think it would awesome if we were treated to, say, a sneak preview of the movie, I doubt Paramount would go through all the trouble of screening it. More likely it is going to be like the 07 RI party and maybe some kind of tour. Definately hope for some shwag.

4. llamatron

llamatron OFFICIAL MMC REP TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I heard rumours of body shots off Megan Fox?

All we know for sure so far is food + Stan Bush = Good Combo

I'm still like 40% butthurt that we probably won't get a ROTF screening at Botcon. I would hope that we'll at least get a little preview of something.

5. madeguy20

madeguy20 Banned

News Credits:
    I'm thinking like, maybe the first 30 minutes, or first major robot scene from the movie, and some free stuff. Either way, it should be a good time.

6. hockeygamer40

hockeygamer40 Autobot Hockey Player 40

News Credits:
    Still holding out hope that we will get to see an advanced screening. Can't go see the TF1 rerelease since Cincinnati isn't one of the top 20 cities on their list.

7. MaxGoof

MaxGoof Preordained Soul

News Credits:
    Since there are ALREADY allegedly pre-screenings going on now, why wouldn't we be able to see a pre-screening at Botcon a month from now?

8. Freyabeads

Freyabeads TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I don't get the issue with $50 bucks. First, if you have ever been seriously disappointed in taking a chance on something FunPub has charged for at BotCon, don't take the chance on getting more. I have never been disappointed and you sign up on the info you get in the brochure. I figure this is a once in a lifetime deal...at least for Backscatter & me.

You guys drop $50 bucks on Action Figures with relative ease, and if you are attending you can afford to go to BotCon so it's not just the cashflow. I don't get it.

For $50 you are getting
    1. Transportation to and from the event. Busses are not cheap to hire for a night.
    2. Some sort of Tour at Paramount. A regular tour is about $35 in itself.
    3. Dinner - so you'd drop 5 bucks just on fast food.
    4. Concert with Stan Bush and his band. Yes he may or may not do more at the convention center, but you still get it at the dinner, I doubt there will be another big performance though.

You can drop $50 a head on a nice dinner and get a whole lot less in any city, but it seems because this is BotCon you expect a lot more for a lot less.

There are only 2 ways I see this working, one will seriously tick people not willing to plop $50 on the dinner. Paramount has several screening areas they could use.

The other I am not going into details about but is possible...I just do not see at this late date how they would sell tickets in advance and for those who spent $$$ on the Primus Pkg to wait probably all day in line for tickets would tick them off. I know it would me and I would question buying that again or attending another BotCon except as a walk-in.

In short, don't get your hopes up and you won't be disappointed.

9. MaxGoof

MaxGoof Preordained Soul

News Credits:
    I was always assuming the pre-screening would be at the Paramount Party. What else would they be charging 50 bucks for, especially when the dinner has always been included in the Primus Package before now?

10. Freyabeads

News Credits:
    And the convention center probably gave them a good deal on the room for that night or it was gratis, I am sure Paramount is charging as well as the items I listed above. This party is costing them some bucks.
    I too hope we get very lucky but I am only expecting what we have been told at this point.

11. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Which, to be blunt, isn't worth $50. Consider this:

We're paying extra for something that's always been included in the past.

The meal has always been included in the cost of Botcon. This year the price for attending has gone up; the meal, however, is NOT included in that price.
    So effectively, the price hike is bigger than it looks, and we're getting less for it.
    I could have lived perfectly fine without a trip to Paramount, but if I want the equivalent experience to previous years, I have to stump up an addition $50. Considering that Stan Bush played at BC07 and that was included in the price, so far I see NOTHING extra to justify what I've paid.
    I also found this review of the Paramount tour:
    Paramount studio tour
    Not exactly glowing, is it. I hope it's improved since that review was written.
    So, to be perfectly honest, I expect something DAMN good out of this for my money. and if all we're getting is a Stan Bush gig (which as I said we previously had for free) and a tour (which I wouldn't have bothered going on if it had been an optional extra outside of the meal), that is not enough IMO. I come over to Botcon on a budget; I don't want to feel like I wasted $50 on something I should have gotten for free anyway.

12. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch

News Credits:
    It's all for Stan Bush... his rates have gone up :p 

13. transformers32

transformers32 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What he said:)  And i never said I had a problem with paying it. Was just hopeing for something more to charge me more money to go on a tour and dinner that was included the other years.

14. hockeygamer40

News Credits:
    I tend to believe this too. I also think more of the stars will attend this time since it's in their backyard (instead of mine -- Cincinnati :wink: ).

It may tick some people off that they did not pay the $50 but some people opted out of the $25 screening in 07. I paid for a friend to attend the screening although he did not have a Primus or Minicon pass because it was treated as a separate event and dealers could go too.

15. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm not even getting into the debate on the cost. My bet is there will be some celebrities attending.

I question them screening anything at the party, but I'm thinking there is something big that hasn't been announced yet.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2009
  16. hockeygamer40

News Credits:
    Well most of the toys have been spoiled (IMHO) so there's got to be some big surprise that has to be left over! :bay 

17. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think any remaining surprise will involve the guests.

18. unicron's blues

unicron's blues I need to get rich!

Agreed, I went ahead and coughed up the extra $50 but only because my buddy who's going wanted to do this, so far i see nothing special and this whole idea of keeping everything secret especially considering as has been previously stated, so far we're paying extra for something thats previously been included in the cost, and especially given the economy now, inflating your prices for things doesn't help matters.

19. Freyabeads

News Credits:
    I understand your points. For me I am planning on what we know and that way if that is it I won't be disappointed. If we get more, then I will be very very happy.

Kind of a "Don't count your chickens before they are hatched" thing.

20. matrixprime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I just hope that the dinner is conducted better than it has been over the last few years. After the 2006 dinner fiasco we've skipped it every year.